• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Extraction has gone gold

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In Rainbow Six Extraction, your mission is to get in, get the job done, and get out. But no two missions are quite the same, and in this episode of our Rainbow Six Extraction Deep Dive series, we’re taking a look at how different maps and objectives combine to create a dizzying array of possibilities.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

This actually looks good. I can see the B4B comparisons coming, however this looks a lot more loose with any kind of overarching narrative and feels like you have a lot more quickplay options than B4B offers (drop in to a map and extract when you feel like it).

It also looks like a pretty decent alternative to the competitive gameplay of Siege for people who like the fundamental gameplay but want something a bit more PvE focused.

Wasn’t this a free mode for awhile. Now somehow they’re acting like it’s a new game

That's an odd progression from not being sure about something to offering a definitive statement. And it wasn't going to be free; it did however get a discount reflecting (one assumes) the expansion vibe of the game and UBISOFT pricing this more fairly.

This is gonna be one of the worst flops of 2021

Not possible.

Last edited:

Butch_0451

Ubisoft could go down tomorrow and I could care less. Their best game is a 2D platformer. The rest is

pile GIF

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Use Nomad's Airjab Launcher to push back enemies, or upgrade it to delete your foes completely. In Rainbow Six Extraction, you can advance your Operator's gear, weaponry, and unique ability in entirely new ways.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

When upgraded, Smoke can detect enemies damaged by gas or even self-revive. In Rainbow Six Extraction, advance your Operator's gear, weaponry, and unique ability in entirely new ways.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

When upgraded, Jäger's turret does more damage and recharges faster. In Rainbow Six Extraction, advance your Operator's gear, weaponry, and unique ability in entirely new ways.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The enemies of Rainbow Six Extraction are a deadly threat, and if you and your squad hope to survive, then you need to know what you’re up against. In this episode of our Rainbow Six Extraction Deep Dive series, we’re talking tactics – what attacks and abilities the different Archaeans will throw at you, and what strategies you and the crew can use to take them down.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Test your skills and overcome intense challenges in the endgame ranked mode, Maelstrom Protocol!

Available at Launch, Maelstrom Protocol is a weekly challenge mode with tiered ranks. How far will you go to be among the best?

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction will be available on the 20th January, 2022 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, Stadia and PC.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The operators in Rainbow Six Siege have spent the last six years training in blue-vs-blue attack-and-defend scenarios, but with Rainbow Six Extraction, Ubisoft is finally deploying its elite soldiers to the field. And they have just one mission - to save the world. Here's everything you need to know about Rainbow Six Extraction.

Chukhopops

I want to give it a chance but no way I’ll play it instead of Hitman Trilogy. Say what you will about Ubisoft but they know how to make good shooter mechanics, the genre is clearly saturated at the moment on GP though.

Winter John

Gold Member
I watched a couple of videos. It doesn't look great but it's on GP so might as well try it out. From gameplay I've seen it looks like Ubi are going for something similar to Deeprock. Ubi deservedly get a lot of shit, but they're pretty good at fixing/updating their games so this might turn out to be a slow burn

Wake me when either Patriots is back in development or a new game that has a story related to counter terrorism. I honestly couldn't give 2 shits about this game.

RPS37

If by some miracle, this ends up being good it could do really well.
There’s not a lot of new stuff to play for a bit.

Arun1910

Didn't realise it was going on Game Pass, guess I'll play it.

Glad they had a price cut but I really can't see much innovation in this or much replay value at present.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In Rainbow Six Extraction aliens have landed on earth, and they’re not the friendly kind. Known as Archaeans, it's up to REACT to eradicate them from multiple containment zones. From bothersome bloaters to tricky tormentors, here’s every Alien Archaean in Rainbow Six Extraction. Sponsored by Ubisoft.

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction is a full standalone game inspired by Outbreak, Rainbow Six Siege’s 2018 PvE event where players faced hostiles infected by an alien parasite. In this tactical PvE shooter up to 3 players can play together to take out the deadly alien threat. Operators from Rainbow Six Siege are recruited to REACT (Rainbow Exogenous Analysis & Containment Team) so you can play as some of your favourites such as Doc, Alibi and Sledge.

Extraction features 12 maps across 4 areas, New York, San Francisco, Alaska and the town of Truth or Consequences. The parasitic alien archaean threat has an army of enemies for REACT operators to fight. The Sower lays mines, the Lurker turns itself and other enemies invisible, the Tormentor shape shifts in and out of sprawl quickly, Bloaters will run towards operators and explore leaving a cloud of toxic gas, breachers similarly self-destruct when near operators and the Apex will summon new aliens to fight alongside it.

The Grunt is the most common enemy and will let out a howl if it spots you, the Spiker shoots spikes out of its hands, the Rooter sends out sprawl and binds operators to the ground, and the Smasher will charge head first at operators. Proteans are highly dangerous archaean variants that have adopted the form of REACT Operators. Sludge will split when shot. Nests spew out sprawl and birth new alien enemies. Blinding spores are attracted to operators that get too close, and will blow up in your face. Most importantly clear sprawl, a gross black substance that slows down operators and speeds up alien archaeans.

Hari Seldon

Is this game actually sold for cash money or is it F2P? Played it on gamepass, not even worth the download. Might be worth a few nights of co-op with your boys if it is F2P.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Oh man these changes could save the game... if today was oposites day.

Back to Ready or Not.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Operators, we have a situation. What we thought was real isn't anymore. How can we defeat this threat if we cannot even trust our own judgement? This will be a tough one. Stay tuned, the action starts tomorrow! Operators, we have a situation. What we thought was real isn't anymore. How can we defeat this threat if we cannot even trust our own judgement? This will be a tough one. Stay tuned, the action starts tomorrow!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The brand-new crisis event starts today. Nightmare Fog is a free limited-time mode available from 12th May to 2nd June! Team-up, make your way through the fog and destroy the Toxic Tree while managing your Neurotoxin level. Good luck, Operators!

Last edited:

chixdiggit

Nice to see they have been sticking with this. I kind of thought it would be left as is. Game can be decent fun once you get into the groove of how it works.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Echo is now available in Rainbow Six Extraction and his Yokai Drone is the perfect gadget for the new limited-time Eclipse Crisis Event. The lights are out in Truth or Consequences and a new Archaean threat is responsible; you’ll need to use a stealthy approach to tackle the new objective, but be sure to bring the big guns for when hordes of enemies get angry that you’re trying to turn the lights back on. Distract and destroy them with the unlockable Aura Grenade, a new piece of REACT Tech you can get by completing Eclipse Event challenges. Here’s the full breakdown of Rainbow Six Extraction’s Eclipse Crisis Event.

jaysius

Banned
This thing is awful, with randoms it's a fucking nightmare, too many objectives that many people don't understand like the ones where you have to lure the baddie to a capture point and other stupid ones like don't shoot the eggs.

It's too much for the average online player to understand and worst of all those missions add NOTHING to the game, they just make it frustrating.

Along with your team members have to sit out until a dumb clock ticks down OR you have to try and save them, with the randoms with NO coordination makes it almost impossible.

Fuck all of this, I tried to like it, it's all just a shit show.

This thing can't die fast enough.

Top Bottom