• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Extraction: Gameplay Deep Dive Reveal

They could have made Splinter cell or the sequel to Rainbow Six Siege. Hell they could have made a Tarkov inspired BR using R6 engine. Instead we get a dungeon like alien shooter using R6 Siege assets. The aliens look uninspired and the gameplay looks like its going to be boring as fuck.

What the fuck did I just watch? That's so far removed from Rainbow Six that it might as well be a new IP.
It's a fictional series. Rainbow Six doesn't have to be a realistic, tacical shooter.

I am joking of course.

Last edited:
Why couldn’t they make this under the Farcry license or something if they’re absolutely dead set on tying it to an existing IP? Why drag Tom Clancy’s name through the mud? Are they trying to find a new form of renewable energy by getting him rolling over in his grave?

DryvBy

It's not much different than the current state of Siege. If you're not getting killed by the Neon Hairs with pink guns, I guess you can just get killed by zombies and aliens.

MiguelItUp

It's REALLY odd to me. No one in the Rainbow Six community asked for this. On top of that it looks so uninspired. The aesthetic, the look of the alien/zombie things. It also looks really dated to me.

Just truly bizarre all the way around.

wipeout364

Here is gameplay footage from a Siege Streamer playing the game. This is actually the best footage I have seen and makes then game look better. If you are interested I highly recommend watching it.

wipeout364

Get Flanked is a good R6 content creator.

Yes , I have been subscribed for a couple years, he seems like a decent guy and is pretty positive in his streams but calls out a lot of stuff he doesn’t like. I disagree with him on a lot of stuff but I still enjoy his videos.

I think he is solid because even though he is a good siege player he is not a great siege player so speaks to the casual community more.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The latest entry in the series, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction is a first person tactical PvE shooter for up to three players, inspired by the popular limited time Outbreak event in its predecessor, Rainbow Six Siege. Many of Siege's operators will return, including Ela, Lion, Vigil, Hibana, and Ash, to stop the spread of the deadly Chimera parasite. We round up 8 things players need to know about the new entry, including the returning operators, the premise and storyline, the new REACT tech and gear players can get hands on with, how co-op works, the risk vs reward elements of gameplay, the structure of the containment zones, cross-play, and of course, the variety of alien monstrosities players will face off against!

Rainbow Six Extraction arrives on September 16th, 2021, coming to PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, Luna, PC and Stadia.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Someone needs to tell these developers that "cooperative" can mean a hell of a lot more than shooting bad guys simultaneously.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Rainbow Six Extraction challenges you and up to two other teammates to take on a dire alien threat. Check out these gameplay highlights from a multiplayer session featuring a squad made up of NarcolepticNugget, King George, and Chris Watters. Guiding our squad from mission control is Richard Stanford, community developer on Rainbow Six Extraction. See how the team faces the escalating threat throughout the missions and does their best to leave no operator behind.

This game was a complete misread on what the fans are looking for. Yea I enjoyed Outbreak too when it came out but man, even that FREE DLC looks better than this asset flip. I doubt I will ever play this even though I really dig the characters in R6

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Unlock approx. $40* of bonus content when you play both Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege!

Lion's got your six in #R6Extraction. Detect all moving archaens in the vicinity and help your team see the enemy through walls, allowing them to land preemptive strikes

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In Rainbow Six Extraction you play as an elite Operator from the Rainbow Six Universe as they attempt to thwart the efforts of a mysterious alien threat.

Learn how to best utilize these Operators and their gadgets in a wholly new experience through the Operator Showcase video series.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction will be available on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, Stadia and PC.

Top Bottom