• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok crashes (CE 34878-0) when using headset.

Eimran

Hey fellow Gaffers. I'm currently playing God Of War Ragnarok and it's a great experience so far.

I just wanted to let you know if you get the error the root cause could be the one below:

Whenever I try to play with my headset the game instantly crashes back to the homescreen. I plug in the USB, no problem. I connect by turning on the headset and BAM: back to homescreen.

System: PS4 Pro
Headset: Sony Wireless Platinum
Error: 34878-0

I play with this headset all the time so I doubt that the problem would be with the headset.

Hope this helps anyone.

Cheers

Last edited:

Mr Moose

CE-34878-0

An error has occurred with the application.

Close the application, install the latest System Software and game updates and restart the system. If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive ("HDD") in your system, please re-install the original HDD. If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to Settings > Initialisation and choose Initialise PS4. If the error occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please contact PlayStation Support.
Are you using an external HDD?

Last edited:

Eimran

Are you using an external HDD?
No external HDD. Tried the headset on RDR2 and Dead nu Daylight. No issues there. But like I've said.
It's a possible root cause. It's not game bfeaking but I made the post nevertheless so it could help other people who could potentially have this error because I know how annoying it can be waiting months for a game only to have it being unplayable until a patch is released.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
maybe u should inform the devs on twitter, hopefully somebody take a look at it,its weird though

Flutta

Banned
PS4 pro?
Animated GIF

I only play games using headphones and have had no issues with Ragnarok.

I'd say the majority of people use them these days, so it wouldn't be very good if they caused a problem.

Still, hope OP gets it sorted - I'm sure it's frustrating.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
'god of war'

I just wanted to let you know if you get the error the root cause could be the one below:

Whenever I try to play with my headset the game instantly crashes back to the homescreen. I plug in the USB, no problem. I connect by turning on the headset and BAM: back to homescreen.

System: PS4 Pro
Headset: Sony Wireless Platinum
Error: 34878-0

I play with this headset all the time so I doubt that the problem would be with the headset.

Hope this helps anyone.

Cheers
GOWR just released a patch not long ago to fix the headset issue, maybe u can try again.

Top Bottom