• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R* issues surprise update for LA Noire and Max Payne 3 on PC (deprecates 32-bit support, All DLC free)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-payne-3-on-pc-throws-in-all-the-dlc-for-free

Rockstar has issued surprise updates to LA Noire and Max Payne 3 on PC, throwing in all the DLC for free.

Both games have also seen support for 32-bit operating systems "deprecated". Of note: the LA Noire changes do not apply to LA Noire: The VR Case Files versions of the game.

LA Noire launched on PC in November 2011, and Max Payne 3 hit PC June 2012. I'm not sure why Rockstar has decided to issue these updates now, all these years after the games launched. But given it's throwing free DLC around, the updates are welcome.

YCoCg

The games now perform much worse due to the new DRM (Rockstar Launcher) checks and validation. One step forward two steps back.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
MAX PAYNE 3 remaster on PS5 please
*laughs in PC*

--------------------

I never did play the L.A. Noire DLC. I heard one or two of the added cases were pretty fun. I should jump back in eventually. I really loved the setting and atmosphere of the game, and the cases overall were pretty fun, but man, that overarching storyline was TERRIBLE......

Last edited:

8bitpill

Gold Member
Max Payne 3 is one of the PS3's most underrated games. It was deep and I think it was just looked over due to the long production time and coming out at the tail end of the PS3 .

AQV.gif

I do hope they jump back into Max Payne.

You mean that now it runs with PS1 graphics?
And I thought I was the cutting edge guy with the 16-bit Super Nintendo.

Edit. This is the version I'm rocking atm.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Arcadialane

Rockstar didn’t make LA Noire. Sure, they could probably make a sequel but wouldn’t be the same studio doing it. The studio that made LA Noire doesn’t exist any more.
A shame, they are(were) a great studio. They worked on the getaway back on the playstation too.

kingfish

Max Payne 3 was one of my favorite games of the PS3/360 generation.
It had such a slick presentation and responsive gameplay.
Also the neo noir atmosphere was amazing.
Kinda wish for a remaster...

Top Bottom