• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R&C A Rift Apart owners: What graphics mode are you playing on?

What Graphics mode are you playing on?

• Fidelity

Votes: 96 38.4%
  • Performance RT (60fps)

Votes: 142 56.8%
  • Performance

Votes: 12 4.8%

• Total voters

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Fidelity - I want to play a Pixar movie with all bells and whistles and not a soap opera with worse graphics

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

TonyK

I think that's a case of good ol' placebo
Nah, I have my eyes well trained due to my work. I notice the smallest change in graphics. Something it's good for my work but a pain as player.

It's like a teammate of mine, a 3D animator, he detects any weird animation frame in characters. A single frame.

MaKTaiL

I love how people are being so divisive about this. I personally went with Performance RT. We can all agree though that Performance mode alone is unnecessary and nobody is going to use it.

Gloomnivore

At the moment I’m running Performance RT with film grain and chromatic aberration turned off and motion blur at 5.

That’s not to say I know what I’m doing. This is exactly why I’ve never bothered with PC gaming.

AGRacing

Gold Member
I think is a personal choice. I don't need to make a list. I simply changed to both performance modes and immediately game looked like last gen for me. Returning to Fidelity made the game to looks like next gen again. I can't explain why, but I felt it instantly.

I play on a LGCx 65" very close to the TV.

There definitely is a difference.. and I wonder , since I have a C9, how much the drop in resolution is noticeable depending on the TV. There are some people who insist playing in game mode is a stupid idea... some people with sharpening filters turned on.... we'll never know. But I do know there's a big difference in sharpness , especially noticeable with Ratchet or Rivet between fidelity and performance RT. The motion blur application makes 30fps feel ok (not ideal obviously but OK) so I prefer that mode. I play PC games on a 144hz monitor. Play Fortnite on PS5 on 120fps mode. But this game is all about the looks for me... and locked 30 is totally fine.

I wouldn't go as far as to say any mode looks "last gen". That's a bit much. But maybe you're seeing the resolution drop like I am.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Started out on Fidelity to get a taste of those maxed out graphics, but now I'm on Performance RT. And yeah, it does look a tiny bit worse - in particular, the fur that looks absolutely amazing in Fidelity mode looks a bit more noisy and less defined, so it loses a little of that CG look - but the smoothness of 60fps just can't be beaten, especially in battle sequences.

I would actually prefer 60fps gameplay with 30fps cutscenes if that was an option, because damn do those cutscenes look good in Fidelity mode. They really do approach Pixar levels, and you do lose a bit of that in Performance RT mode.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
I love how people are being so divisive about this. I personally went with Performance RT. We can all agree though that Performance mode alone is unnecessary and nobody is going to use it.

It made since for Spider-Man, as quarter res RT looks bad at 1440p in that city environment, but I can’t see needing it here

I'm doing Fidelity mode on my 1st playthrough on normal mode. When I do new game + on the harder difficulty I'll probably switch it over to Perf RT for the 60 fps

Top Bottom