• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R&C A Rift Apart owners: What graphics mode are you playing on?

What Graphics mode are you playing on?

• Fidelity

Votes: 96 38.4%
  • Performance RT (60fps)

Votes: 142 56.8%
  • Performance

Votes: 12 4.8%

• Total voters

lucius

Plays and looks better on Performance RT mode and I don’t always play performance mode on all my games.

rob305

Something seemed off in fidelity for me. I'm usually someone who plays everything in 30fps/graphics mode (even FPS games like Cyberpunk) but somehow fidelity mode seemed choppy for me. Is it constant 30fps? It felt like it was dropping frames left and right but not sure if thats actually the case or just my imagination.
Ended switching to performance RT after 5min and it runs extremely smooth.

Chiggs

Something seemed off in fidelity for me. I'm usually someone who plays everything in 30fps/graphics mode (even FPS games like Cyberpunk) but somehow fidelity mode seemed choppy for me. Is it constant 30fps? It felt like it was dropping frames left and right but not sure if thats actually the case or just my imagination.

I saw it, too. Especially when panning the camera.

JeloSWE

OMG I've been playing the game at 1080p in RT mode due to the new PS5 120hz setting. My display can't do 4K 120hz but it can do 1080p 120hz so PS5 decided to out put the game at that resolution, no wonders i thought it looked so low res. So head up folks.

TidusYuna

If you're playing this at 60fps RT know that I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you are not, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
I'm playing on fidelity via composite av to old CRT television and I believe this is the best way to play it.

tenor.gif

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I'm doing my first playthrough at Fidelity (unbelievably amazing) and next month I'll do another at Performance RT. I did the same for Demons Souls (not all of it because the game was too long).

I don't mind 30FPS after a couple of minutes. You only notice it if you keep switching back and forth.

Codes 208

I’ve been spoiled by higher frame rates so I’ve been playing on perf + RT. 30fps is just too slow for me now and some 30fps games (like demon souls) actually make me feel a little motion sick

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Glad to see I'm not alone. Something weird is going on in Fidelity mode.

Rubik8

Playing in Performance RT and it’s just gorgeous. My wife, who doesn’t like or follow anything gaming related, stopped in her tracks and said “what is that? It looks so good!”

Fidelity. It just looks more like a movie than Performance RT does to me, and I am fine with the frame rate so far.

With a 'stache like that, I believe you.
Same! It's really got an amazing cinematic look that just looks insanely awesome to me. The 30 fps looks and feels great to me, I have no issues as all if it's done right.

I think 60 fps in these games just makes it look really off-putting, no way.

Last edited:

chinoXL

so far performance RT...tried Fidelity and quickly went back to perf RT...30 feels super choppy after playing at 60fps..game is crazy

Klik

60fps always. Its a subjective opinion but 60fps is more important than raytracing.RE Village is actually ok with RT beacuse it stays most of the time close to 60fps

Last edited:

GymWolf

Performance for now.

30 are nice until you try the 60 fps mode, after that there is no turning back.

also, like in morales, i just don't notice\care that much about accurate (but still not perfect) reflections, and perfRT mode resolution is a bit too low for my taste on a 4k oled tv.

Very happy to have 3 graphic modes to accomodate different tastes, this game is the gold standard.

Last edited:

lucius

Yes when you pan camera a lot it’s noticeable on Fidelity unlike something like Miles Morales . But I guess if you don’t move camera as much it might not bother you . I always play Miles Morales on Fidelity but this game Performance RT is stunning .

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Fidelity so far. When digital Foundry talked about performance rt, they said 1440p, but dips to 1080p, did I miss it or they say how often? I can live with 1440p but 1080p if it's common would be tough......
I am planning a second play through in performance rt though once I'm done....
So far 30fps on this game seems ok, not sure why......

Last edited:

buenoblue

I love that insomniac is giving so many options. They have been the gold standard of next gen development for me.

But as always in these threads. 60fps is greater visual fidelity than 30fps. Full stop. There's just so much blur and lost visual information getting a 30fps game to run on a 60hz display. Plus when you add in the fact that almost all tvs only display motion resolution at about 1080p, heck oleds only display any moving image at about 600p.

TonyK

Fidelity. I spent 80€ to play a next gen game. Performance modes are for me more or less PS4 at 60fps. I have a Switch and a lot of Nintendo games plays at 60fps, are they next gen for you? 60fps it's amazing but not at the cost of killing the graphical next gen effect I love.

TonyK

But as always in these threads. 60fps is greater visual fidelity than 30fps. Full stop. There's just so much blur and lost visual information getting a 30fps game to run on a 60hz display. Plus when you add in the fact that almost all tvs only display motion resolution at about 1080p, heck oleds only display any moving image at about 600p.
That's totally true, but the problem is the graphics change between modes. What you are saying, and you are totally right, will apply for example to The Last of Us 2 in PS5, where you can change between 30 and 60fps without any graphical trade of. But Ratchet, as all other next gen games, is not the same case, because you have to sacrifice lighting accuracy, detail density and resolution to add that smoothness.

It's because that I hate to choose between modes this generation 😭

Soodanim

Knowing nothing about this game but being a fan of the PS2/3 games, it seems like of these options 60fps RT is an absolute no brainer.

Esppiral

I usually go with 60fps when available, but in this case I much prefer the fidelity mode it doesn't impact gameplay for me, and it looks so much better.

Shivvy24

Playing in Performance RT. Barely much difference graphically to fidelity. And once you're playing at 60 fps can't go back to the choppy 30fps

TrebleShot

Fidelity 30FPS checking in.

Spent some time flipping between the two. Whilst resolution seems fine and very clean and the added frames are nice there are big differences in terms of lighting and colour maybe something to do with shadow quality but basically as someone just said PERF RT is more like an upscale PS4 game whereas Fidelity is just face meltingly gorgeous.

I recon people playing on perf RT will think this game looks v good whereas Fidelity players will think it’s unmatched visually in all gaming including PC.

Shmunter

I’ve got the Disc sitting there still in shrinkwrap. The FF7 ps5 upgrade has blown me away - will do that first.

Arun1910

Fidelity.

Took me a good hour for my eyes to stop seeing a sideshow and make it bareable but definitely worth it. The game is stunning in Fidelity mode.

Raonak

Banned
For me Fidelity.

Even though 60 is nice, I'm perfectly fine with a rock solid 30fps, I honestly don't even notice the framerate after a minute.

It's jarring if you switch back and forth, but once your brain adjusts then it feels normal. Some people probably can't handle it, but IF you can adapt, you're gonna get the best experience in Fidelity imo. The 4K IQ is flawless. It's insane to look at.

Also, RT is a must. The reflections are used everywhere since theres so many metal and glass surfaces in the game.

It makes the image look higher quality, I've spent too much time looking at glass windows that are reflecting the entire level behind me. Very cool novelty, especially seeing it run so smooth.

No matter what you choose, you're getting a next gen visual feast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom