• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question: why is the ps5s image output so much better than my XsX?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
VtyZUNZ.jpg

mhirano

So here is a quick comparison using my phone and diablo 3. first image is XsX second is my PS5. Same input, same cable. Even with the crappy night phone pic you can see the ps5 img has more contrast and bit more color to it. has nothing to do with limited or non limited, color depth, or any of that.

It is possible that most games I play are just like that on the PS version compared to the xbox 🤷‍♂️ but i do see it alotthe time in demos an such.

also let refrain from throwing fanboy acusations.. i was called a xbox fanboy and a PS fanboy like 10 times today in different threads. :messenger_grimmacing_

LyRdDXm.jpg
YDzjkYw.jpg
Clearly a black level mismatch. You should turn the Xbox to PC RGB

emilegc

Forget about Dolbyvision on TVs older than CX, I tried it on my C8 and the input lag was massive, and IQ was shit.

EDIT: Also fucks up the HDR in games that don't support DV, but somehow the console forces it.
Just leave it off.
I have no massive input lag on my C8 using Dolby Vision. Are you using Dolby Vision Game preset on the TV?

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Well no shit but even with it dialed in my XsX still doesn’t have as good of IQ. I used the same settings and same cable as a test to make sure it isn’t any outside factors like a bad cable or screwy setting on just one.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

RoboFu

One of the green rats
giphy.webp

if you cannot comprehend ..then idk what to tell you.

I’m doing that because I can’t dail it in to look the same. None of my TVs can get the same deep contrast while retaining the bright vibrant colors. That’s the whole point of the thread.

That's strange. My PS5 and Series X look identical outside of specific features being enabled on Series X like Dolby Vision. I don't own many of the same games on both, so I used Fortnite. :p

Make sure you're using the HDMI cable that came with your Series X, which I assume you must be. I suspect your Series X settings are incorrect.

Check your Video fidelity and overscan settings. Change them to 10-bit color depth and Standard color space, even if you know your TV supports better.

Also check video modes and see if by accident Allow YCC 4:2:2 is enabled. If it is disable it.

ethomaz

Banned
My take.

People saying both looks the same with the same settings are probably lying.

Each console really needs different profile/calibration on TV to looks better and that is why you need to have each one in a different input (to have different settings for each console).

Last edited:

Shmunter

All options off like VRR & Dolby Vision?

The industry just doesn't settle on these standards well and results vary wildly - usually towards the negative.

G-DannY

someone just said that darker blacks and "poppier" colors are only sometimes indication of a "BETTER" image output...?

Amaranty

So here is a quick comparison using my phone and diablo 3. first image is XsX second is my PS5. Same input, same cable. Even with the crappy night phone pic you can see the ps5 img has more contrast and bit more color to it. has nothing to do with limited or non limited, color depth, or any of that.

It is possible that most games I play are just like that on the PS version compared to the xbox 🤷‍♂️ but i do see it alotthe time in demos an such.

also let refrain from throwing fanboy acusations.. i was called a xbox fanboy and a PS fanboy like 10 times today in different threads. :messenger_grimmacing_

LyRdDXm.jpg
YDzjkYw.jpg
Are you sure that PS5 isn't actually crushing black detail? Try to switch RGB output between limited and full in PS5 system settings.

sncvsrtoip

This is something I have wondered about for while now. On the same input my ps5 image quality is just better than my XsX. Contrast is better, colors are more vibrant, like they have more color depth?
I have tried this on three separate TVs and it’s the same results.

is this a real thing or are my eyes playing tricks on me? I would think maybe Sony being a high end tv manufacturer would put forth more effort in image output? Idk 🤷‍♂️
what tv you use ? vrr can gamma shift and blacks become gray, also many games on ps5 has more deep black colors

Top Bottom