• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question for PC players about the MS buying of activision blizzard

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I'd imagine the Xbox app (gamepass) is going to get a nice upgrade this year. The current one is barely sufficient.

lefty1117

Gold Member
They sure could, but they are a private company.

True, but private companies are bought and sold all the time. I bet they've kicked the tires on it ... whether it would actually happen who knows, but certainly can't be discounted after today's move.

Microsoft will probably try to make games exclusive to a one fits all launcher I assume. Unless they decide to just leave thing be and release stuff in steam still.

I’ve never had a problem with Battle.net and I don’t think Steam is the only answer like a lot of PC gamers seem to. I would rather see MS improve their own launcher and make it a one-stop shop. Game Bar is already better than Steam’s overlay as it is.

Stuart360

IMO Microsoft will put everything on Steam. They may be on other places too but Microsoft sem to have a good relationship with Valve at the moment,and every PC game they have released has been on Steam.
Phil himself said in the past about Steam being where PC players want their games, so i think its a given.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I don't really mind the Gamepass app nowadays. EXCEPT for one thing. There's some weird folder configuration with it comes to the games launching from there. I'm not too saavy, but editing files can be somewhat troublesome on a Xbox launcher game. Took me a minute to find out how to edit Fallout 76 files to make it look pretty, unlock the framerate, etc.

I mean if xbox is going to get rid of Battle.net...hey that's one more launcher I don't have to open.

Laptop1991

I haven't personally played a COD in years as the SP isn't very good and i'm not sure how many PC gamers play the MP compared to console gamer's, a few years ago it wasn't many at all, hopefully MS will improve the games all round,

And the renamed PC game pass won't attract a load of pc gamers unless MS offer the same experience as Steam and other client's, which the windows store doesn't, again hopefully they will.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
If MS can afford $70 billion for Activision, surely they could buy Valve... store problem solved
Valve is a private company.

It would be pretty terrible if MS, or other large tech company bought them. Valve is one of the few companies that actually cares.

Last edited:
Top Bottom