• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about Game Pass Ultimate sharing and more

Stafford

Right now I'm the holder of Game Pass Ultimate and my brother makes use of it too, so we use game sharing as well via the My home Xbox thing. But this month it's ending and we will have to renew it. But this time my brother wants to be the holder...because he'll be able to use Xcloud, play some games during break at his job. A few things...

Only the holder of GPU can buy games for a discount with Deals with Gold, right? So for every little game I'd like to buy with DwG I'd have to ask him? Also, the game streaming option that only insiders now have, is that only available for the holder of GPU? I mean the option that let's you stream a game before having to download it.

Is all this correct? And are these the only downsides to it? I'd ask my brother to check these things but he's not available right now and I'm curious about this.

Stafford

Not the case on console.
That's nice.

And all those other things are correct? Secondary user can't make use of Deals with Gold and can't use Xcloud? And I assume the same goes for the game streaming option.

Other than that the secondary user CAN just browse Game Pass and download and what not, right?

Is it possible that he activates his own GPU and I do too? And that we only just use game sharing for actually bought games? I kinda don't want to lose these features but I understand that my brother wants to be able to check out Xcloud too.

Mabdia

Well... may I take the chance to ask something about gamepass? Is there anywhere I can find all Xbox 360 games that is available on the service?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Well... may I take the chance to ask something about gamepass? Is there anywhere I can find all Xbox 360 games that is available on the service?
I tried looking, but I can't find anything where you can specifically filter down to 360 games unfortunately. Closest I got was just directly from Microsoft where you can filter down to what can be played on an Xbox One which obviously includes XB1 titles along with 360 ones.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think the layout of this website might have that filter

EDIT: hmmm I guess not. I suppose you could just put in release year less than 2014 and that's a pretty good indication. There were only two 2014 games (Skate 3 and Fable Anniversary) so you could just do 2013 + those two games.

Last edited:

Mabdia

I tried looking, but I can't find anything where you can specifically filter down to 360 games unfortunately. Closest I got was just directly from Microsoft where you can filter down to what can be played on an Xbox One which obviously includes XB1 titles along with 360 ones.

That's really bad. I'm thinking of getting it but I'll not get it without knowing exactly what X360 games I can get.

I think the layout of this website might have that filter

EDIT: hmmm I guess not. I suppose you could just put in release year less than 2014 and that's a pretty good indication. There were only two 2014 games (Skate 3 and Fable Anniversary) so you could just do 2013 + those two games.

Thanks man! But it is not that much different from Xbox site. But I'll try using 2014 as a "limiter" for my search.

FrozenFlame

Hijacking this thread instead of creating a new one.

My GPU is going to end soon (January) and I've taken advantage of the 1 year of Gold + 3 month of GPU to create 15 months of GPU.

1 - If I add now 1 year of Gold will it automatically convert/add to my current GPU subscription?
or
2 - After the subscription ends, can i purchase again 1 year of Gold, add a month of GP and get another year of GPU?

sainraja

Right now I'm the holder of Game Pass Ultimate and my brother makes use of it too, so we use game sharing as well via the My home Xbox thing. But this month it's ending and we will have to renew it. But this time my brother wants to be the holder...because he'll be able to use Xcloud, play some games during break at his job. A few things...

Only the holder of GPU can buy games for a discount with Deals with Gold, right? So for every little game I'd like to buy with DwG I'd have to ask him? Also, the game streaming option that only insiders now have, is that only available for the holder of GPU? I mean the option that let's you stream a game before having to download it.

Is all this correct? And are these the only downsides to it? I'd ask my brother to check these things but he's not available right now and I'm curious about this.
Why doesn't he just renew it through your account or does he want to add a library of games to his account as well?

Zones

Hijacking this thread instead of creating a new one.

My GPU is going to end soon (January) and I've taken advantage of the 1 year of Gold + 3 month of GPU to create 15 months of GPU.

1 - If I add now 1 year of Gold will it automatically convert/add to my current GPU subscription?
or
2 - After the subscription ends, can i purchase again 1 year of Gold, add a month of GP and get another year of GPU?
1. If you’re already subscribed, then 1 year of XBL Gold would convert to only 4 months of GPU.
2. Yes, but don’t expect the 1:1 Gold to GPU to be around indefinitely, so I suggest doing 3 years this time around once your current sub expires.

Easiest and cheapest way to do it would be by following the guide and the deal from this link.

FrozenFlame

1. If you’re already subscribed, then 1 year of XBL Gold would convert to only 4 months of GPU.
2. Yes, but don’t expect the 1:1 Gold to GPU to be around indefinitely, so I suggest doing 3 years this time around once your current sub expires.

Easiest and cheapest way to do it would be by following the guide and the deal from this link.
Cheers bud!

Top Bottom