• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Error Dev: Cerny Is A Genius, PS5 Feels Designed with Developers In Mind; Zen 2 Is Exciting

Not quite... it has a customised Zen 2
You mean a slightly underclocked Ryzen 7 3700X / an overclocked Ryzen 7 4700U?

a completely custom storage hardware solution
You mean a TLC/QLC NVME SSD that will kill itself in all of 5 minutes if a dev even thinks of using it as a scratchdisk as Sony has suggested?

a custom hardware accelerated audio engine
You mean a bog standard sound chip with a CPU that is finally powerful enough to do some nice positional audio?

Fawst

Banned
I'm sorry. Seriously. Can you imagine waking up out of a deep sleep and seeing this guys face hovering over you? I'd soil myself, and I haven't involuntarily self soiled in decades.

So ... you've voluntarily self-soiled more recently? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

ethomaz

Banned
Looks like Doom 2003 graphics wise 😴
It is their inspiration...

You mean a slightly underclocked Ryzen 7 3700X / an overclocked Ryzen 7 4700U?

You mean a TLC/QLC NVME SSD that will kill itself in all of 5 minutes if a dev even thinks of using it as a scratchdisk as Sony has suggested?

You mean a bog standard sound chip with a CPU that is finally powerful enough to do some nice positional audio?
Is that a joke post?

Last edited:

Sota4077

I just read through two pages of folks bickering back and forth about one console being easier to develop for than the other. I get that that's the topic of the thread but there really is a certain level of comedy involved in folks debating such a silly aspect to a console. There is literally not a single person in this entire thread that will be impacted by the ease of development on a console unless you are a game developer....

So, unless you're a game developer you have absolutely no reason to be championing the ease of development on one console over the other because at the end of the day it's not going to impact you. Both Xbox and Playstation have their strengths and both of them are going to have amazing looking games. If you need to sit and bicker like children over something so insignificant as ease of development you really need to reassess your life and take a break from console war nonsense because y'all are in real deep...

Last edited:
If you need to sit and bicker like children over something so insignificant as ease of development you really need to reassess your life and take a break from console war nonsense because y'all are in real deep...

giphy.gif

(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
I just read through two pages of folks bickering back and forth about one console being easier to develop for than the other. I get that that's the topic of the thread but there really is a certain level of comedy involved in folks debating such a silly aspect to a console. There is literally not a single person in this entire thread that will be impacted by the ease of development on a console unless you are a game developer....

So, unless you're a game developer you have absolutely no reason to be championing the ease of development on one console over the other because at the end of the day it's not going to impact you. Both consoles have their strengths and both of them are going to have amazing looking games. If you need to sit and bicker like children over something so insignificant as ease of development you really need to reassess your life and take a break from console war nonsense because y'all are in real deep...

Well said

giphy.gif

I am seriously starting to think exactly this.

Kinda alarming. The headline wars are a little tired at this point

ethomaz

Banned

So, unless you're a game developer you have absolutely no reason to be championing the ease of development on one console over the other because at the end of the day it's not going to impact you. Both consoles have their strengths and both of them are going to have amazing looking games. If you need to sit and bicker like children over something so insignificant as ease of development you really need to reassess your life and take a break from console war nonsense because y'all are in real deep...
But that directly affect gaming output.
Easier means more games and better performance.

Well said

giphy.gif

Kinda alarming. The headline wars are a little tired at this point
Worse, anytime they speak they kill my hype:
- MS : 12 tflops power great speed... but yeah you gonna have to waiiiiiit for our games. Why on earth will i make the jump from One X to SX if there is no new game from MS (Halooooo yeaahh, nooooo!)... beacause the SX is like really really really cheap? It has to be to play OG xbox games!
- Sony: 10 flops with ultra speed ssd aaaaaaand no BC with ps3, 2 and 1.... but we're testing our ps4 game beacause yes... the need to be tested. Great, i've just order a PS3 fat with CF to be my universal PS machine... 120€ with the box and games.

F*ck'm! The worse is to come: now we're gonna have "events" (lol) with ZERO game play from real hardware from both sides (but looooooots and loooooots of idiots PR talks with the very last buzz words said other and other again just to make shure we GET IT! Spoiler alert: power, easy to work on, new generation of TFLOPS)... because, at this point, why would they show respect to their audience? It's a really serious question.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
People war over anything lol. Another dev who probably has no devkit or if any just a ps5 one and are auditioning for an exclusive deal.

The new secret sauce is now RDNA 3? 🤣🤣🤣

GymWolf

We feel the man is an absolute genius! It felt like the system is designed with developers in mind. We are really excited about the Zen 2 CPU, which will make things possible on PS5 that were not on PS4. Also, the Tempest audio engine explanation made us squeal like little excited kids! The HRTF and sound experience that we will be able to create for our players is truly groundbreaking with the PS5.

he is a genius because he created a console with a cpu that run slightly worse than sex cpu and an audio chip for 3d audio that 95% of gamers are gonna use with crappy tv speakers?

well then...

i mean i know the guy know his stuff, dont get me wrong, but microsoft engineers are probably not that far away in term of being genius.

wasn't xone x a very well made console overall?

Last edited:

Stuart360

I know we are short of confirmed next gen games, but this asset flipper really doesnt deserve this much hype. His first game was a clunky buggy mess. He buys assets, high quality assets compared to the usual scammers on Steam, but assets all the same, and builds a game from those assets, and gets his family members to help him, voicing characters, doing promotion etc.
I even made a thread on here for 'Kings of Lorn', but boy was my faith unwarranted.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
I love it how any positive from a developer about the PS5 is tried to grt shot down cause’ them teraflops

Reveals can't come soon enough, but then, even with facts and real numbers, people will just say there liars etc.
There seems to be no end to it.

Sota4077

But that directly affect gaming output.
Easier means more games and better performance.

NO. It absolutely does not. This, confirmation of one being extrapolated to a failure of the other, shit around here has gotten so old. Ya'll need to start living in reality.

• People say the SSD on the PS5 is amazing--it is. That does not mean the SSD on the Xbox Series X is shit.
  • People state the Xbox Series X is more powerful--it is. That does not mean the Playstation 5 is weak.
  • Sony stated they spent a lot of time on audio for the Playstation 5--they did. That does not mean the sound on the Xbox Series X is going to sound like Phil Spencer farting into a tin can.
My god some of you are exhausting to stumble across on threads every day. Just because the god damn Playstation 5 might be easier to develop for is not a confirmation that the Xbox Series X is then difficult to develop for. I know I speak for many when I say just fucking stop. Easier means it is easier to develop for. That is all. That does not mean the Xbox Series X is prohibitively difficult to develop for to the point that games will not be able to be on the console as a result. That is effectively what you just pulled directly from your ass. Just stop with the console war stuff already, damn.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
So, would that ease of use mean that devs will max it out a lot quicker than the XsX?
Yes. Better tools makes the path to reach peak performance easier and of course optimization process faster.

PS4 was already an example of that (of course after all mistakes with PS3 hardware and software tools) and devs are saying PS5 is even easier than PS4.

ethomaz

Banned
I know we are short of confirmed next gen games, but this asset flipper really doesnt deserve this much hype. His first game was a clunky buggy mess. He buys assets, high quality assets compared to the usual scammers on Steam, but assets all the same, and builds a game from those assets, and gets his family members to help him, voicing characters, doing promotion etc.
I even made a thread on here for 'Kings of Lorn', but boy was my faith unwarranted.
Well I don’t think that is bad at all.
He is indie so he needs to rely on these cheaper way to get the game done.

His first game is really that bad? The review doesn’t sound like a mess game... just a low budget one.

ethomaz

Banned
NO. It absolutely does not. This, confirmation of one being extrapolated to a failure of the other, shit around here has to stop. Ya'll need to start living in reality.

• People say the SSD on the PS5 is amazing--it is. That does not mean the SSD on the Xbox Series X is shit.
  • People state the Xbox Series X is more powerful--it is. That does not mean the Playstation 5 is weak.
  • Sony stated they spent a lot of time on audio for the Playstation 5--they did. That does not mean the sound on the Xbox Series X is going to sound like Phil Spencer farting into a tin can.
My god some of you are exhausting to stumble across on threads every day. Just because the god damn Playstation 5 might be easier to develop for is not a confirmation that the Xbox Series X is then difficult to develop for. I know I speak for many when I say just fucking stop. Easier means it is easier to develop for. That is all. That does not mean the Xbox Series X is prohibitively difficult to develop for to the point that games will not be able to be on the console as a result. That is effectively what you just pulled directly from your ass. Just stop with the childish console war bullshit.
Again.

Yes. Better and easier tools / APIs direct affect both the game output for a plataforma and performance of the games.

That is reality.

BTW in any post I talked about Xbox that I don’t care or/and have interest at all.

Last edited:

Very well said.

You should know by now any PS5 related threads where anyone praises it in any way will get trolled constantly.

These people have no intention to discuss the topic at hand. Just report them to the mods.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Well I don’t think that is bad at all.
He is indie so he needs to rely on these cheaper way to get the game done.

His first game is really that bad? The review doesn’t sound like a mess game... just a low budget one.
Its very clunky and buggy. Its not the worst game i have played in Steam, but its not good. User reviews are currently at 'mixed', and were 'mostly negative' until the dev did like 20 patches for the game (literally).
Also Kings of Lorn released at the end of November 2019, and we got the first look at this game what 2 or 3 months ago?, that tells you all you need to know about this game. Store bought assets quickly jigsawed together into a game.
My point was that if we were half way through next gen, this game wouldnt be getting a look in, as it would be just 1 of hundreds of Indie games flowing in, but its currently one of the few confirmed next gen games, so peopl are all over it. And some people are so desperate for some good PS5 news that they are literally holding onto the words of a self admitted asset flipper.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
NO. It absolutely does not. This, confirmation of one being extrapolated to a failure of the other, shit around here has to stop. Ya'll need to start living in reality.

My god some of you are exhausting to stumble across on threads every day. Just because the god damn Playstation 5 might be easier to develop for is not a confirmation that the Xbox Series X is then difficult to develop for. I know I speak for many when I say just fucking stop. Easier means it is easier to develop for. That is all. That does not mean the Xbox Series X is prohibitively difficult to develop for to the point that games will not be able to be on the console as a result. That is effectively what you just pulled directly from your ass. Just stop with the childish console war bullshit.

Where did he mentioned the Xbox? He was talking about PS5(devkit) and tools. The easier to dev for the PS5, the more games we’ll see, and can result in better performance for the console.

Sota4077

Where did he mentioned the Xbox? He was talking about PS5(devkit) and tools. The easier to dev for the PS5, the more games we’ll see, and can result in better performance for the console.

I mentioned Xbox In my original post and he replied to me stating "But that directly affect gaming output. Easier means more games and better performance." Well, actually I mentioned how stupid it is that people are bickering about ease of development when they're not game developers and he chimed in so I replied.

Again.

Yes. Better and easier tools / APIs direct affect both the game output for a plataforma and performance of the games.

That is reality.

BTW in any post I talked about Xbox that I don’t care at all.

That is not what you stated. In the context of my post you said "But that directly affect gaming output. Easier means more games and better performance." What you did was effectively the exact same thing that conspiracy theorists do. Which is find one fact and l then build an inductive fallacy from that fact.

Every developer in the entire world could state that the PS5 is easier to develop for and all it would mean is that every developer thinks the PS5 is easier to develop for. Nothing more. If I say that a Granny Smith Apple is sweeter than a Braeburn Apple and give scientific evidence that it is so that is pretty certain proof that a Granny Smith apple is sweeter. What you're doing is then stating that because the Granny Smith apple is sweeter the Braeburn is not simply less sweet, but it is actually bitter and because it is bitter and therefore less apple pies are made with braeburn apples.

So in terms of the Playstation 5. Every developer might very well be of the belief that the Playstation 5 is easier to develop for. I won't even dispute that because frankly I could give a shit as I am not a game developer and it will not impact me--even despite your illogical claim. The Playstation 5 being easier to develop for even if every expert concurs is absolutely not--in any way--then a confirmation or affirmation that:
  • The Xbox Series X is hard to develop for. (Harder != Hard Typing this with my eyes closed is harder, but that doesn't mean typing with my eyes closed is hard. There is a distinction. )
  • The Playstation 5 will have more games only as a result of developers finding it easier to develop games for. Again--this is in the context of MY original post about people bickering over ease of development so I apply that context to your reply.
For that matter your implication that easier is equal to their tools and API being better is a fallacy as well. Easier doesn't imply better. That depends on application. Automatic cars are easier, but they do not make great racing vehicle generally.

This post isn't to defend Xbox or shame PS5 in any way. But my point is rather that what you are doing is filling in cracks with information you want to be true without having evidence and promoting it as fact. Both Xbox fanboys and Sony fanboys are guilty of it all the time and it is annoying which was the original point behind my post you replied to.

Very well said.

You should know by now any PS5 related threads where anyone praises it in any way will get trolled constantly.

These people have no intention to discuss the topic at hand. Just report them to the mods.

I have been here long enough to know that threads about both companies are derailed by console warrior idiots regularly, haha.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I mentioned Xbox In my original post and he replied to me stating "But that directly affect gaming output. Easier means more games and better performance." Well, actually I mentioned how stupid it is that people are bickering about ease of development when they're not game developers and he chimed in so I replied.

That is not what you stated. You said "But that directly affect gaming output. Easier means more games and better performance." What you did was effectively the exact same thing that conspiracy theorists do. Which is find one fact and l then build an inductive fallacy from that fact.

Every developer in the entire world could state that the PS5 is easier to develop for and all it would mean is that every developer thinks the PS5 is easier to develop for. Nothing more. If I say that a Granny Smith Apple is sweeter than a Braeburn Apple and give scientific evidence that it is so that is pretty certain proof that a Granny Smith apple is sweeter. What you're doing is then stating that because the Granny Smith apple is sweeter the Braeburn is not simply less sweet, but it is actually bitter and because it is bitter and therefore less apple pies are made with braeburn apples.

So in terms of the Playstation 5. Every developer might very well be of the belief that the Playstation 5 is easier to develop for. I won't even dispute that because frankly I could give a shit as I am not a game developer and it will not impact me--even despite your illogical claim. The Playstation 5 being easier to develop for even if every expert concurs is absolutely not--in any way--then a confirmation or affirmation that:
  • The Xbox Series X is hard to develop for. (Harder != Hard Typing this with my eyes closed is harder, but that doesn't mean typing with my eyes closed is hard. )
  • The Playstation 5 will have more games only as a result of developers finding it easier to develop games for.
For that matter your implication that easier is equal to their tools and API being better is a fallacy as well. Easier doesn't imply better. That depends on application. Automatic cars are easier, but they do not make great racing vehicle generally.

This post isn't to defend Xbox or shame PS5 in any way. But my point is rather that what you are doing is filling in cracks with information you want to be true without having evidence and promoting it as fact. Both Xbox fanboys and Sony fanboys are guilty of it all the time and it is annoying which was the original point behind my post you replied to.

I have been here long enough to know that threads about both companies are derailed by console warrior idiots regularly, haha.
Wut?

My two posts are the same.
Your wall text has no context lol
You are too fissured with Xbox.

Last edited:

Sota4077

Reveals can't come soon enough, but then, even with facts and real numbers, people will just say there liars etc.
There seems to be no end to it.

Honestly at the end of the day all this shit is just noise. If the manufacturers next generation make games that suck all the positive aspects of their consoles aren't going to matter one bit. Threads like this are only created for console warrior who want to put another "win" on their list of reasons why they are going to buy the console they want to buy.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The dev needs all the power it can get. Check out their other game Kings of Lorn. Pretty sure 360/PS3 could do it.

"We are open to a timed exclusive or full exclusive. " lol sounds like an audition! Glad to hear they are having a positive experience though. Of course very soon we will see what people have made with these boxes.
LOL. Well give them credit. Probably the first time in history a studio publicly says they are trying to moneybag it.

Last edited:

Sota4077

C'mon. Just imagine you are sitting on your couch playing some scary game like Resident Evil. You just finish a really crazy stressful part and head to a safe room. You exhale deeply. Put down your controller then turn your head to look out the window and you see.....

FCRwIu2.png

**Dear Mark Cerny. If you see this. I am sorry for the things I do. My father was not around in my formative years and never had a catch with me...**

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
The dev needs all the power it can get. Check out their other game Kings of Lorn. Pretty sure 360/PS3 could do it.

LOL. Well give them credit. Probably the first time in history a studio publicly says they are trying to moneybag it.

They're desperate lol. Its a "dev" team of four brothers. These threads always provide quite the entertainment.

Top Bottom