• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantic Dream's Fahrenheit is getting a 15th anniversary physical release on PS4

VulcanRaven

fahrenheit-15th-anniversary-edition-ps4-playstation-4.original.jpg

Quantic Dream's debut title Fahrenheit, or Indigo Prophecy in North America, is getting a 15th-anniversary physical edition for PS4.

The boxed edition is being handled by Meridiem Games and includes a specially created case and sleeve, sticker set, artbook, and a letter from the developers of the game. You'll be able to find the Fahrenheit 15th anniversary edition at retailers in Europe and Australia starting late November for £24.99 / €29.99. A North American release wasn't mentioned in the press release.

Fahrenheit first released back in 2005 for PS2, Xbox, and PC, and a remastered version landed on PS4 in 2016. If you're familiar with Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, or Detroit: Become Human, you already have a general idea of what you're getting into with Fahrenheit. It's a high-quality cinematic experience where you have dialogue options, branching narratives, and quick-time events, and you're even dealing with a murder mystery just like Heavy Rain. Though, while Fahrenheit was well-received at release, you should obviously prepare for a game that looks and plays like it's 15 years old.

I wonder if this is the HD remaster or the normal PS2 port that you can already buy on PS4 digitally? Fahrenheit is one of my favorite games so I would definitely buy if its the remastered version. It was released on PC some years ago but not on consoles.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Never played it. Was introduced to QD with Heavy Rain and became a fan. Will definitely pick this up even if it's ancient compared to their newer works.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I loved this game when it came out, I remember importing the UK version to get it early and uncensored. In the context of adventure games at the time, it was so different.

But man, that third act... People talk about Heavy Rain whiffing the ending, but what the actual fuck happens in the last third of this game?

Maddux4164

Never played it. Was introduced to QD with Heavy Rain and became a fan. Will definitely pick this up even if it's ancient compared to their newer works.
Minority here. But Heavy Rain was easily top 5 of the 7th gen consoles for me. Played it on release day with no hype. 12 hours later I hadn’t stopped playing and beat it. Only time I’ve ever beaten a game like that in one sitting and enjoyed every moment

Shmunter

This could use a total remake in their latest engine, and new performance capture.

Crazy they haven’t done it

Last edited:
Do not buy this garbage. Never has a game started so well and completely fallen apart in the plot and game play department. Also its cheap on steam and GoG so you can have buyer's remorse for 1/6th of the price. I wish I still had my PS2 copy so I can snap the disc in half... again!

Agent X

In the OP:

A North American release wasn't mentioned in the press release.

That's because Limited Run Games handled the physical disc release for North America earlier this year.

Also, as far as I know, the only version of the game available on PS4 in North America is the emulated PS2 version. See the link from PlayStation Store:

The physical release from Limited Run Games contains this game.

The PS2 emulation on PS4 does offer some level of upscaling and improved frame rates in certain situations, but I wouldn't qualify this as a "remaster". I'm not aware of a truly "remastered" version of the game on PS4, unless it was only released in certain regions and skipped North America altogether.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Still their best game imo. Most innovative/inventive and flawed but that's part of the charm

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Minority here. But Heavy Rain was easily top 5 of the 7th gen consoles for me. Played it on release day with no hype. 12 hours later I hadn’t stopped playing and beat it. Only time I’ve ever beaten a game like that in one sitting and enjoyed every moment
I'm with you there. One of my favorite PS3 games despite the flaws.

Tiamat2san

This game made me laugh several times.
some scene were really bad even at the time of release, must be quite awfull now.

Top Bottom