• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantic Dream To Pursue Third Party Publishing

Mista

Banned
Quantic-Dream.jpg

As reported by GamesBeat, the company has employed Sebastien Motte, a former executive of Unity and Microsoft, to help helm their budding publishing division. With a new minority investment from the Chinese NetEase company, they hope to sustain a new model and publish 1-2 titles a year.
“Quantic Dream has been an independent, triple-A developer for the past 22 years. With the NetEase investment, we are fully independent again. We are able to self-fund future development on multiple projects. And more importantly, with better digital distribution channels, there is an opportunity to become more independent and self publish.”

What happened, I wonder? Did the "toxic work environment" of Quantic Dream upset Sony SIE so much they dropped them like a bad habit? It certainly wasn't because the games didn't sell well.

Last edited:

Lokimaru

What happened, I wonder? Did the "toxic work environment" of Quantic Dream upset Sony SIE so much they dropped them like a bad habit? It certainly wasn't because the games didn't sell well.
You know, I hate this whole Toxic this, that, and the other talk. When has good times ever inspired anything but Nostalgia? (The most cancerous thing second only to Hope) Great things can come from Pain, Hardship and Suffering. That's why characters in Quantic Dream Games get the hell beat out of them. To me this whole "Movement" is just the death of creativity. This perfectly explains the world we live in right now.
NSFW
Asshole's shitting on everything.

Last edited:

That and I'm sure they're not fond of Sony's censorship policies.

I'm sure David Cage wants his games to be able to have sex and nudity, like Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain did, he just wants his games to be able to get away with whatever an R rated movie can and he sure as shit can't do it with Sony anymore.

thelastword

Banned
So Sony (or Microsoft) is not buying them.
I think Sony is in a hard position here, well not hard, but they have to make a decision that benefits their bottomline first and foremost...…..Sony dropped a very capable and technical studio in Evolution....These guys could have made a DC2 that would melt eyeballs on PS5.......but that don't pay the bills, they needed a studio that could print money in the arcade/driving scene.....which did not pan out with DC, so they had to let them go....

So it's like this, if you're going to buy a studio right now as Sony, would you buy Quantic Dream or Insomniac? Would you perhaps purchase Bluepoint or Quantic Dream, how about Kojima's studio? Would you not look to pick him up instead.....????

Top Bottom