• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantic Dream job listing points to multiplayer and microtransactions for its next game

Detroit-1.jpeg

Detroit: Become Human developer Quantic Dream is looking to implement competitive multiplayer and microtransactions into its next project, according to a new job listing posted by the David Cage-fronted studio.

The company is looking for a Senior Game Designer — Competitive and Senior Game Economy Designer, both of which are based in Quantic Dream’s Paris headquarters.

A description for the former reads:

As part of its development program, and for its ambitious upcoming productions, QUANTIC DREAM is expanding its Game Design team to strengthen the current team and participate in improving and developing Game Design.​

Meanwhile, the Economy Designer description is as follows:

As a Senior Game Economy Designer, you will be responsible for all aspects of the game’s economic model. You will design the virtual products offered by the game, and establish metrics that allow you to measure consumer response to these virtual products during user tests and after release.​

Quantic Dream hasn’t shipped a game since 2018’s Detroit for the PS4, although the game was ported to the PC alongside pervious titles Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain in 2019. Its next project has yet to be officially announced.

Last edited:

NoviDon

That gameplay better be addicting as fuck if you are confident you can fleece people with microtransactions. walking simulations with a shooting gallery style aint going to cut it fellas.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I dont think this is a walking simulator story driven game.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

Ok I am getting a .. getting a little nervous here.

First multiplayer focus for Naughty Dog,
then Insomniac
now Quantic Dream?, the last developer I would have guessed.

I hope this is mind blowing combination of good story AND a multiplayer component.

e0n

Post-pandemic next gen games are all about multiplayer connections with other people. Somewhere, Kojima is smiling.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I buy playstation only for their singleplayer games. I dont give a single flying fuck about online multi-player or GaaS or any of that shit. I hope Sony isn't planning to become the new EA or Ubisoft.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
For the people mentioning Sony: Quantic Dream is not working for them anymore.
Yep, they've always been second party

Edit: Not always but it's been a while since they put something on another console

Last edited:
Ok I am getting a .. getting a little nervous here.

First multiplayer focus for Naughty Dog,
then Insomniac
now Quantic Dream?, the last developer I would have guessed.

I hope this is mind blowing combination of good story AND a multiplayer component.
Quantic Dream have connection to the Sony studios that you mention. As well as a multi-platform developer they're now also a third party publishing house for independant games studios.

Top Bottom