• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantic Dream’s Star Wars game could be called Eclipse and set during High Republic era

Bullet Club

Quantic Dream’s Star Wars game could be called Eclipse and set during High Republic era​

Unannounced title tipped for reveal this year

wp6zB2Y.jpg

An unannounced Star Wars game said to be in development at French studio Quantic Dream could be called ‘Eclipse’ and set during the High Republic era, it’s been claimed.

That’s according to VentureBeat’s Jeff Grubb, who was speaking on his premium show for Giant Bomb (paywall) and claimed that the game is likely set to be revealed soon.

“The Quantic Dream Star Wars game is ready to be announced soon, that’s what I’m hearing here,” he said. Grubb went on to state that he expects to hear about it “probably before the end of the year.”

The journalist stated that he “isn’t certain” about the setting or era that the game takes place in, but said that he believes “it is a Star Wars High Republic game, and it’s called Star Wars Eclipse.”

The High Republic is an overarching story-telling initiative for the Star Wars franchise that encompasses books, comics and other media set around 200 years before the events of the Star Wars films.

Talk of a Quantic Dream Star Wars project began in September when French YouTuber Gautoz claimed that the Detroit: Become Human and Heavy Rain developer helmed by designer David Cage had signed a deal with Disney, after its three-game contract with Sony has ended.

“They now finished their contract with Sony and will be signing with Disney,” he said in a video. “It looks like they will be working on a Star Wars game.”

The claim was later corroborated by reliable games industry insider Tom Henderson, who posted a cryptic Star Wars and Detroit mashup on Twitter.

Kotaku later reported that the game will be more action-oriented and exploration-focused than the likes of Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human, interactive story-based titles which all used quick time events.

As well as adopting more traditional action gameplay, the Star Wars game could include open world and multiplayer elements, it claimed.

Source: VGC

Gamezone

Gold Member
Do you think this is a PlayStation exclusive like prior games from this developer, or should we expect other platforms?

RAIDEN1

Please don't be another Jedi fallen order...I'd rather an Uncharted or Tombraider....or force unleashed..

VulcanRaven

Please don't be another Jedi fallen order...I'd rather an Uncharted or Tombraider....or force unleashed..
It might be similar to the previous Quantic Dream games. I haven't played Detroit: Become Human yet but they are not known for action gameplay.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I don't hate Quantic Dream but I'm amazed and really impressed that they somehow manage to keep making games and that people buy them.

EDMIX

I have so little faith that QD can make a solid action game, I have even less faith in Lucas Arts making any quality game lol

I worry greatly about this one.

Quasicat

I love Star Wars and Quantic Dream games, this is like the perfect match up. Added to that, the trailer looks absolutely incredible!

Aenima

I love Quantic Dream games for they branching narrative that offer alot of replay value. But dont really know how good they will be at creating an action oriented game.

Javthusiast

Banned
Their stories suck ass, the cg trailer looked dope.

Recent Star Wars movies were so shit, that a weak Cage story I am now totally fine with for a Star Wars game if it looks great and has some awesome set pieces. Will definitely rent it.

Cage kinda reminds me of Molyneux. Two devs with highly overblown opinions of themselves and their abilities. Molyneux's games, while deeply flawed, are generally still fun to play.
Cage's games are slow slogs with narratives that are as subtle as a sledgehammer. I have little faith his studio can make a competent Star Wars game, let alone a great one.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Cage kinda reminds me of Molyneux. Two devs with highly overblown opinions of themselves and their abilities. Molyneux's games, while deeply flawed, are generally still fun to play.
Cage's games are slow slogs with narratives that are as subtle as a sledgehammer. I have little faith his studio can make a competent Star Wars game, let alone a great one.
I’d take Detroit over those garbage heap Fable games any day of the week.

Top Bottom