• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quakecon 2009 August 13-16

bee

europe shamed for the 1st time in years :(

also contrary to what slasher said, spartie was a freeze tag player back in the day and has been playing ctf for maybe 4 or 5 years but is fairly new to duel, so well played to him

rofl@wheat calling out esr

usea

I've been at quakecon since thursday, how did I miss this thread? Anyway, this is my first time attending, and it kind of sucked. Waiting in line for 12 hours, internet sucks ass, not really all that much to do. I enjoyed playing random people in sf4, and they moved to blaz blue eventually. Overall the staff has been incredibly rude, and I've just had a fairly negative experience. I didn't even catch the rage demo or whatever it was. I'll watch it online when I get home.

usea said:
I've been at quakecon since thursday, how did I miss this thread? Anyway, this is my first time attending, and it kind of sucked. Waiting in line for 12 hours, internet sucks ass, not really all that much to do. I enjoyed playing random people in sf4, and they moved to blaz blue eventually. Overall the staff has been incredibly rude, and I've just had a fairly negative experience. I didn't even catch the rage demo or whatever it was. I'll watch it online when I get home.

Wow, this is kind of surprising after all the hype on how everybody was helping out and all that. Hopefully next year isn't bad as you say. I did expect the 12 (or more) line wait, but not much stuff to do? How many booths did they have for you to check out stuff at?

usea said:
Sorry to hear that. My friends and I had a great time playing games with everybody.

One of my teamates, Flysher, won the 1v1 open tournament :D I'm really happy for him

http://tournaments.quakecon.org/tournament/scores.php?tournamentid=3&display=single&page=-1

flysher.JPG

K.Sabot

Ok I'm interested in going if there are any festivities on sunday. Any schedules or is it all closing? I just happened to find Myself vacationing in grapevine during the weekend and am currently staying in a hotel a mile away from all the hupbub.

13-16 could mean alot of things.
Edit: I'm on my iPhone.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So they really arent going to show RAGE footage isnt?

Top Bottom