• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake revitalized edition officially rated for PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Series S/X, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

JCK75

Its a north swedish version of Erik, apparently. Never heard of it, despite having relatives in the northern parts of Sweden. Well, it could be worse, I saw a guy from India named Ramit Inmah Ashol on facebook.
Hopefully it's not as true across languages as the name Kamala is in Finnish.

MiguelItUp

Super disappointed quake 2 and 3 did not get the same treatment. Would be nice to have cross platform multi / coop on those. I downloaded them via ms store to check and doesn’t appear to be any Xbox live integration. ( or achievements)
Hey, it's still possible that we'll see them get it some day! Especially with Quake 2 since it got RTX love. I guess we'll find out in due time!

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I’m just hoping we get some good mods in that add on section. For doom we got some really great expansion episodes that I’m still making my way through today. I hope they go the same route with quake.

That being said having all of quake, expansions and also new expansions, that is a lot of content already.
Yeah seeing how they handled it in Doom, I'm pretty optimistic.

SkylineRKR

Ree found something:

Yikes at all the tarbaby stuff i had no idea it was a racial slur either BUT this wasn't a community thing as it was deff someone at iD that made it, as its in the quakec and the actual name of the .mdl file is tarbaby.mdl ...look

Here I am playing Quake almost non stop for the last week, never even considering something like this. Have those guys no life? (re: no). I looked it up and its from Dissolution from like 1997 lol.

Lucky8BB

Banned
I’m just hoping we get some good mods in that add on section. For doom we got some really great expansion episodes that I’m still making my way through today. I hope they go the same route with quake.

That being said having all of quake, expansions and also new expansions, that is a lot of content already.
There are also some great unofficial expansions like abyss of pandemonium, or arcane dimensions. They work with Q1 remastered without any problems.

Soodanim

For some reason there is no music in my game, despite me choosing the top option when launching. Everywhere seems to talk about how the OST is in and fine, so fuck knows what happened to mine. Going to verify files.

Edit: it is there, but it was ridiculously quiet. It's fine now I've adjusted it, it appeared to be 10 by default but it was actually lower

Last edited:

thatJohann

For some reason there is no music in my game, despite me choosing the top option when launching. Everywhere seems to talk about how the OST is in and fine, so fuck knows what happened to mine. Going to verify files.

Edit: it is there, but it was ridiculously quiet. It's fine now I've adjusted it, it appeared to be 10 by default but it was actually lower
Interesting, I don’t think I’ve ever heard music when I play on XSX. Just checked on the menu and it shows 10 by default too. Did you just lower it and raise it to 10 again to fix it?

Soodanim

Interesting, I don’t think I’ve ever heard music when I play on XSX. Just checked on the menu and it shows 10 by default too. Did you just lower it and raise it to 10 again to fix it?
Yeah, that seemed to fix it for me. Turned my speakers up high to notice it was there, but it is there. Strange if it's the same on console as on PC, but I expect a patch before long because of a few issues (need to load a save twice to actually load it, default movement settings aren't the same as the original etc)

chaseroni

Ree found something:

Here I am playing Quake almost non stop for the last week, never even considering something like this. Have those guys no life? (re: no). I looked it up and its from Dissolution from like 1997 lol.
Idk what's worse, Ree's obsession with shit like this, or posters that bring it up over here.
We don't care.
We are playing Quake.

thatJohann

Yeah, that seemed to fix it for me. Turned my speakers up high to notice it was there, but it is there. Strange if it's the same on console as on PC, but I expect a patch before long because of a few issues (need to load a save twice to actually load it, default movement settings aren't the same as the original etc)

Gotcha, I did hear MVG say on the Spawncast podcast that they are working on a patch for all versions, there's quite a few other bugs I've encountered.

Soodanim

Gotcha, I did hear MVG say on the Spawncast podcast that they are working on a patch for all versions, there's quite a few other bugs I've encountered.
What I did didn't fix it. I've just read on the Steam forums that there's a bit of code that cuts the user setting down to 20%, so you need to crank the volume up to compensate (good luck when you forget to turn it down and your neighbour's windows are shattered). There's a fan patch for PC, but obviously consoles will have to wait for an official fix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom