• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Q1/Q2 on Nintendo Switch SUCK - Learn how to pace, Nintendo

Switch' Q1/Q2 are ...

• Total voters
lmao the guy can't even have a fucking opinion without being assaulted. jesus christ.

So force yourself to play something you aren't enjoying because that's the only way to have a valid opinion? Alright.

I'll "grow up" when the nintoddlers on here stop acting like a bunch of psycho cunts because somebody didn't like some garbage ass game.

Psycho cunt? Talk about an extreme over reaction. Your the one behaving like a child here.

And yeah, playing a game... GASP gives you an informed opinion. That doesn't happen by watching a game trailer etc

Last edited:
[Chorus]
Yeah, you got that yummy-yum
WPIKiaa.gif

That yummy-yum, that yummy-yummy
WPIKiaa.gif

Yeah, you got that yummy-yum
WPIKiaa.gif

That yummy-yum, that yummy-yummy
WPIKiaa.gif

Yeah babe,
WPIKiaa.gif

yeah babe,
WPIKiaa.gif

yeah babe
WPIKiaa.gif

Last edited:

RealGassy

Banned
And those are again “facts” and not opinions right?
You mean game having bunch of "talk to the NPC" fetchquests, zero IQ quizzes and riddles, and other lengthy unskippable filler?
Are you having hard time distinguishing facts from opinions?

Just because you found it a “boring-ass game” doesn’t make it so and consensus from people that actually finished the game and most reviews strongly disagree.
That's as strong of a selection bias as you could have picked.

If person has played through Astral Chain in it's entirety, that probably tells more about the person, than the game.
Since person who finds the game boring and generic is unlikely to complete the game unless they are a games "journalist" or have zero respect for their time.

Similarly most reviews will hype up and overrate every title put out by a big name dev, especially if it's a Switch exclusive.
Which is how I end up with some really average games in my hands every once in a while.

If you're interested descending to the level of using a popularity contest as a gauge, it's not controversal to state that BoTW is in entirely different league to Astral Chain both in "critic" and player reception. Same with Bayo 2 (keep in mind that Astral Chain negative user scores were purged due to review bombing, so it's hard to get a good measure of this).

This is the context within which Astral Chain was brought up to begin with.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
And those are again “facts” and not opinions right?
Just because you found it a “boring-ass game” doesn’t make it so and consensus from people that actually finished the game and most reviews strongly disagree.
Whats your last favorite game you played? I can insert whatever game you list and spout the same “opinion“ but it won’t necessarily be based on “facts”.
I wouldn’t bother, his type of person if they don’t like something then others shouldn’t either and if they do must have poor taste, that’s their logic. You can’t have any type of meaningful discussion with that type of person.

RealGassy

Banned
I wouldn’t bother, his type of person if they don’t like something then others shouldn’t either and if they do must have poor taste, that’s their logic. You can’t have any type of meaningful discussion with that type of person.
Meaningful discussion, what are you talking about?

Every single time somebody doesn't like a game you do and makes a reasonable criticism regarding various qualities and gameplay mechanics present within, you arrive to shut down the discussion with the ultimate "everything is subjective" argument.

You're type of person who has really hard time understanding that simply because you like/enjoy a game, doesn't automatically make it a great game or atleast lack the introspection skills to closely examine the pros and cons and then make the case why the PROS outweight the CONS in your case.

Or make an effort presenting compelling story why the game is great despite the flawed parts - how you always wanted to be a police officer as a kid just like your dad and how this game enables you to roleplay that. Or how there are few other games let you play as a policeman/woman or something.

Nah, lets instead stink it up with "evertything is subjective" shtick.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'd rather companies don't try to pace and just release what's ready when it's ready (sadly it doesn't happen). You can pace yourself, if you don't intend to buy every game anyway what does it matter if it all releases on Q3/Q4 so you can choose when to buy those you want over the next Q1/Q2?

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Pls elaborate how Switch could have been more powerful at the same price point with the same battery life. Tegra X1 was top of the line and could only have been clocked higher - at the cost of battery life.

You’re right, but it wasn’t top-of-the-line.

Had there been a competing Vita 2, we’d have seen the same performance. Actually, getting more at the heart of the issue, if the Switch was a Vita 2 with the exact same specs, these same people would be praising it up and down, and finding it miraculous that games like The Witcher 3 were on it.

That’s just how it is though. There’s a great many people that are more obsessed with logos than an objective appraisal of reality.

Yeah, Nintendo seems to really struggle with the first few months of the year. It's strange, the Switch itself originally released in March too, and it sold well. I don't think they have to be slow months. As long as major titles are coming out, they would sell.

Right now I'm still looking forward to some games (snack world, perhaps I'll buy censorship city anyway) so I'm not that bothered. Hopefully a direct will show us a decent lineup for q2.

jadedm17

You lost me at Mario Maker 2 being a shitty port. Have you even played it?

Also indies are kicking butt, i play my Switch daily.

Youre CRAZY OP.

Pls elaborate how Switch could have been more powerful at the same price point with the same battery life. Tegra X1 was top of the line and could only have been clocked higher - at the cost of battery life.

It doesn't have to be though. People would gladly pay more for tech that would blow everything else out of the water.

Last edited:
Top Bottom