• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG - Official Free-To-Play Launch Trailer

ParaSeoul

PUBG: Battlegrounds is now officially free-to-play on PC and consoles. Check out the latest live action PUBG F2P trailer, which gives us a reminder of what the popular battle royale is all about.

Last edited:

theHFIC

Do the people who bought the game before get any kind of bonus content now?
Yes they offered a free pack of skins, some currency, and an unlock for the “paid” tier of PUBG free which allows ranked matches. I think signing up for the pack ends this week with the launch of the game.

They call it the Special Commemorative Pack, here.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
PUBG was a huge phenomen when it came out. I still constantly watch streams of it (playing myself is too frustrating because I suck).

With going F2P there'll be a massive influx of cheaters, let's see how they combat this. Apparently, they do ban reported cheaters and give you feedback when after they ban someone you reported.

Last edited:

Södy

The drone is quite fun, new mini maps look good. Decent update so far. Still wish there was map selection.

intbal

Just a tip for people who had this previously installed, but not active (Gamepass subscription that expired, in my case). If you click on it to launch the game, it will tell you that you need to renew your subscription to play. You have to search for it in the Store and "Buy" it again with the "Get Free" option. It won't actually download it again. It just updates the license on it. It even keeps all your progress and gear (even though I haven't played for five months).

TheShocker

I never really stopped playing this game. It’s still a lot of fun, so more players is better. Just really wish they’d do a proper next-gen update for the series X/PS5.

Xdrive05

I never really stopped playing this game. It’s still a lot of fun, so more players is better. Just really wish they’d do a proper next-gen update for the series X/PS5.

Where do you find quality teammates to play it with? I tend to just solo because squadding up with randos for me almost never works out. They don't speak English, don't have a mic, or both. If they do have a mic, they refuse to communicate strategy, opting instead to yell obscenities. Which I can appreciate, but not while wanting to actually play.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Years too late. The reason fortnite took over is because it was free and on playstation.
Plus the content updates, PUBG was too stagnant and this is coming from someone who played it a ton on PC and even on Xbox when it launched though didn't like playing it on console

Played the game on my PS5 and got my first chicken dinner a few minutes ago.😌

Played the game in the framerate mode. Runs smooth but other than that the game looks really horrible. Game needs a native PS5 version asap. Aliasing, blury, horrible lod/texture streaming and textures look really bad.

Last edited:

TheShocker

Where do you find quality teammates to play it with? I tend to just solo because squadding up with randos for me almost never works out. They don't speak English, don't have a mic, or both. If they do have a mic, they refuse to communicate strategy, opting instead to yell obscenities. Which I can appreciate, but not while wanting to actually play.
I’ve got a crew I play games with regularly. Otherwise I’m SoL too. Feel free to add me if you’re on console.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Why would they? They got to enjoy the game for years prior, well I say enjoy, I absolutely hated it, felt like I was controlling a tank.

Edit: I'm more surprised it took them this long to go f2p.
Play Manhunt 2.

In the Gameplay... You have the feeling to play like a Heavy tank or a Car 😂

Back when PUBG and Fortnite first started blowing up I tried both but ended up liking PUBG more since stealth is a viable, if not vital strategy. Still it was rough playing that early Xbone version and the only reason I endured it was to play with some friends.

Top Bottom