• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR 2 users are hardcore: “Large majority” played Resident Evil 8 in VR

Otherwise why make the headset in the first place?
Why make Vita in the first place? Why make PS Move in the first place? Why make PSP GO in the first place? Why make Eye toy in the first place?
Some devices simply do not earn their upkeep, and Sony is notoriously fast when it comes to pulling the plug on those.
Speaking of Vita, it sold 500k units in its first week, and we all know how the story went from there.
You know what other, new Sony device sold almost half of that in its first month?
But yes, there's too much money to be made in VR for no one to take up those spots.
Except the spot is already taken by Oculus, and even they dropped the AAA exclusivity deals, because they're just not profitable, even with userbase of 20mil.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Why make Vita in the first place? Why make PS Move in the first place? Why make PSP GO in the first place? Why make Eye toy in the first place?
Some devices simply do not earn their upkeep, and Sony is notoriously fast when it comes to pulling the plug on those.
Speaking of Vita, it sold 500k units in its first week, and we all know how the story went from there.
You know what other, new Sony device sold almost half of that in its first month?

- Vita: It's obvious that Sony lost their heart in Vita super early and during that timeframe were going through a transition phase and the Vita couldn't play a roll in PS going forward.
- PS Move: I'd argue they supported the PS Move as best they could. It was used in the PSVR for god's sake.
- PSP Go: That's just the PSP in a different form factor. And they supported the PSP very well.
- EyeToy: To me they supported the EyeToy for about as good as you could given that technology. It worked. It even indirectly lead to PSVR 1.

MiguelItUp

This person......unlike Eddie gets it. The bolded is so true.
1000%! I think that's been the biggest issue with VR games, they almost feel like tech demos and experiences rather than full fledged games. So, I'd expect the few but full fledged titles to get the most attention, straight up.

Top Bottom