• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Welcome Back package (All regions revealed) [PS+ Extensions Going Out]

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Has anyone been able to change their password via e-mail? Qoricity gave me a link but it's broken by my e-mail program and copying the link and trying to fix the breaks just gives me 404 not found. :/

jluedtke

Still doesn't work even when going through the "Account Management" workaround. Still get error messages, and sometimes the "Select Content" button doesn't even show up.

Hilarious that Sony can't even get their "Sorry 'bout that!" shit right. I'll try again in a couple days...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
TheSeks said:
Has anyone been able to change their password via e-mail? Qoricity gave me a link but it's broken by my e-mail program and copying the link and trying to fix the breaks just gives me 404 not found. :/
I changed my au account through the website and email. I logged in online using my old password. If you forgot your old password it takes you to a page under maintenance.

It sent me and e-mail with this link: h****://store.playstation.com/accounts/security/resetPassword.action?token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sapiens

I was getting 1.5 MB/s yesterday an hour after the store went up. It just took a while for the actual DL to stick.

N E WAYZ - got Infamous and Wipeout. Wipeout is cool. Infamous is fun, but holy shit is that frame rate fucking horrible.

But, you know, free, so won't complain.

snap0212 said:
Ugh, the downloads are soo slow. I'm downloading at about 16KB/s. :(

Everything was fast for me this morning and I downloaded about 10 games. I'm now trying to redownload everything on a second console in another room and it is soooooo fucking slow. I guess everyone is awake and hammering the store again.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Apologies as I'm guessing this has been answered somewhere in this thread before but do we get to choose when our free PS+ subscription starts or is it already activated for everyone? It doesn't really matter but I was planning on waiting for a week or so to download so that I would avoid the rush and subsequently awful speeds.

Edit - nevermind, I just noticed the other thread.

Willeth

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Everything was fast for me this morning and I downloaded about 10 games. I'm now trying to redownload everything on a second console in another room and it is soooooo fucking slow. I guess everyone is awake and hammering the store again.
It looks like it just happened. I booted up Burnout, it needed to patch, was fine for the first three updates and then slowed to an utter crawl.

Jak140

TwIsTeD said:
damnit the store fucked up and I lost one of my psp downloads, nothing downloaded for psp game 1 and it disappeared ( i checked my download history and the game I selected wasnt there)

Same thing happened to me, and no the free game promotion isn't listed under account management services for me.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Getting LBP for the missus and Infamous for myself. Just started the first one and, yeah, it's pretty much dogshit slow, but it's hard to complain when it's free. Just going to leave the PS3 on in the background for the several hours it looks like it's going to take to download both.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Apparently it got to 20% or so and then the transfer got MUCH faster. Left for awhile and came back to my PS3 powered off, which I thought was a little odd until I turned it on, saw that LBP downloaded fine, it installed with no problems and I started my Infamous download (which is around 7GBs) and it seems to be chugging along at a good clip.

faridmon

Can anyone help me: I wanted to purchase Dead nation but pressed the first box which said ''welcome back'' and won't be able to download any game. have I messed it up?

edit: found it, after reading this thread. Thanks neogaf.

Sorry if this was answered before, but what are the deadlines of the welcome back program for each region (JP isn't even open yet)?

I'm asking because I would like to activate the free PS+ months on my fake accounts for the other regions once they get content (within the following 30 days) that is interesting to me. Therefore I need to know the last day I can do that.

Salsa

hey guys, sorry to bump.

Trying to get the 2 free games for my PSP, running CFW 5.50 prometheus with PSN Lover 1.2

When i click on "Welcome Back" all i get is a "No content was found" text, same thing using MediaGo.

Ive read about the Account Management solution but all i get is the same "no content was found" text on services lists. If i try with MediaGo it tells me that the site to manage my account settings is under maintenance, according to the internet that maintenance has been going on for a while now.

Any ideas? dont own a PS3 btw.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Guys, I've been trying to reset my password for the last few days but I keep getting the server maintenance message. What is wrong?

onken

SalsaShark said:
hey guys, sorry to bump.

Trying to get the 2 free games for my PSP, running CFW 5.50 prometheus with PSN Lover 1.2

When i click on "Welcome Back" all i get is a "No content was found" text, same thing using MediaGo.

Ive read about the Account Management solution but all i get is the same "no content was found" text on services lists. If i try with MediaGo it tells me that the site to manage my account settings is under maintenance, according to the internet that maintenance has been going on for a while now.

Any ideas? dont own a PS3 btw.

What region account, and did you register it before the outage?

Salsa

onken said:
What region account, and did you register it before the outage?

dammit, i registered back when i first got my psp but forgot the password so i made another account, dont tell me thats why, looool

Mr_Brit

Banned
Can someone do me a favour? My PS3 is YLOD so I can't redeem the welcome back games. Could a trustworthy gaffer do so for me please?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Caesar III said:
WTH, why is the password restauration down for maintenance all the time? I want to get my PSP game damnit.

That thing has been down for a month. I dont know why. I think it works if you do recovery on Qriocity.com

Mr_Brit said:
Can someone do me a favour? My PS3 is YLOD so I can't redeem the welcome back games. Could a trustworthy gaffer do so for me please?

Pm'ing you.

Gaaraz

My friend's console is broke at the moment so he went to login using my machine, but it gave him an error saying he wasn't allowed multiple signings or something similar... is there a workaround for that?

He really just wants to be able to download the games before the offer ends, which I believe is today...

Thanks!

Gaaraz

Bump, anyone please? We're going to drive over to mine at lunch to try and get it working, so any help/advice on this would be much appreciated, else we'll probably get nowhere again :(

darkwing

Gaaraz said:
My friend's console is broke at the moment so he went to login using my machine, but it gave him an error saying he wasn't allowed multiple signings or something similar... is there a workaround for that?

He really just wants to be able to download the games before the offer ends, which I believe is today...

Thanks!

did you create another PS3 local user to link his PSN id?

CatPee

Gaaraz said:

Thanks!

Create a new User on the PS3, then go to Sign Up for Playstation Network -> Use An Existing Account, then enter his credentials.

Gaaraz

Ah! No I never, I just tried to enter his email and password, d'oh!

Thank you so much though, and thanks for the quick reply - if you hadn't said that, I so would have driven home, got no where and wasted an hour for all of us! Thanks again

Gaaraz

Offer expired now, misreported on Eurogamer, d'oh! managed to get in a couple of games of FIFA so not a wasted journey anyhow:)

NinjaJesus

So, JP PSN will be back up on the 6th. What games are worth grabbin'? I was thinking Echochrome and Hustle King for the PS3 games and who knows what for the PSP games. Any ideas?

Daichi

Neo Member
JP PSN just let me log in, but I don't think I can get any of the welcome back stuff since I made the account while PSN was down. No biggy, I can finally get the Disgaea 4 DLC I wanted at least.

Goldrusher

Japanese store guide:

1. Click the first button on the left.
2. Click the first button.

3. There's a handful of stuff in there.

- Two buttons with a little red ticket, one says PS3, the other PSP.
In there you find the Welcome Back activations and the games available. Get the activations and you'll be able to download two games for each.

PS3
The Last Guy | LocoRoco Cocoreccho | echochrome | Hustle Kings | WipEout HD

PSP
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2 | Minna no Sukkiri | Patapon 2 | LittleBigPlanet | LocoRoco Midnight Carnival

- The cyan/blue button is your 30 day Plus subscription.

- There's also a gold button, which is a 30 day Platinya-subscription for Toro Station.
The PS3 game with the two cats is Toro Station itself. This "game" is an interactive news service (info), and it has trophies (guide).
I believe this game and/or the trophies only works for Japanese accounts though.

- A free house for Home. (probably only works with your Japanese account)

Zoc

Goldrusher said:
Japanese store guide:

- Two buttons with a little red ticket, one says PS3, the other PSP.
In there you find the Welcome Back activations and the games available. Get the activations and you'll be able to download two games for each.

PS3
The Last Guy | LocoRoco Cocoreccho | echochrome | Hustle Kings | WipEout HD

PSP
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2 | Minna no Sukkiri | Patapon 2 | LittleBigPlanet | LocoRoco Midnight Carnival

- The cyan/blue button is your 30 day Plus subscription.

- There's also a gold button, which is a 30 day Platinya-subscription for Toro Station.
The PS3 game with the two cats is Toro Station itself. This "game" is an interactive news service (info), and it has trophies (guide).
I believe this game and/or the trophies only works for Japanese accounts though.

- A free house for Home. (probably only works with your Japanese account)

You should mention Wipeout will change to Super Stardust/Star Strike HD next week.

Roto13 said:
Echochrome doesn't really have any text in it outside of the menus, which use only vaguely-relevant words anyway. :p

yea, i was thinking the same after playing the demo a year back? but i don't know if you need jp reading skills later in the game.

Audioboxer

Gmail seem to have deleted my Japanese email account, maybe since I didn't login for ages? Is there any way to get back on to my Japanese account? :( Seems I need to reset the password from my email, but I can't do that now.

Benedict

Goldrusher said:
Japanese store guide:

PSP

Thanks.
what of the PSP-games are worth getting and does not have to much japanese text?
Already have LBP for PSP.

Top Bottom