• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Welcome Back package (All regions revealed) [PS+ Extensions Going Out]

There's no way I'm going to find time for this Welcome Back package. I just downloaded Burnout Paradise for free from the store yesterday. Infamous 2 is out soon, as is Duke Nukem Forever, as is Alice: Madness Returns. There aren't enough hours in the day.

Maaseru

Banned
kazuma_pt said:
yeah, because taking a 360 home and rolling the dice to see if it was gonna live over a year is way better than these network problems we're facing while the network is being hammered.
Well yeah since when mine died I got a new one, not just a repaired in less than a week and I live in Puerto Rico. So yeah it's a lot worse. At least their response to it is so bad!!!

It's been more than a month and it affects everyone, not just a select few, everyone even the industry people.

edit: Hell we always new Ms could and would screw us in some way, at least they know damage control. With Sony ... I don't know they have lost my trust and after so many time it took them to reach that "good" spot for me .

alstein

One thing I gotta ask, are ads being added to PSN now with it being up if you're not part of PSN+?

I played Arcana Heart 3 and was getting Honda Civic Ads. Didn't see anything with Blazblue or Tekken, haven't checked Mortal Kombat since I'm waiting from netcode improvements before giving that another shot.

DeVeAn

My little bro says he clicked EVERYTHING and now he has no access to any of the games. Anyone else run into a problem where the games don't show up anywhere? I do know the servers are going crazy.

FireCloud

Akainu said:
Do psp users get anything out of psn +?

I know the minis and PS1 titles that I got for free work on the PSP. I believe there are discounts on PSP titles as well though I've not bought any yet.

Spwn

Akainu said:
Do psp users get anything out of psn +?

PSOne classics and minis. I do recall that there have been some discounts on full games, but I may be wrong. The European plus team is at least giving the impression that they're thinking about adding PSP content to the monthly line-up in the future.

Darkener2

It takes way too long for a 7GB title to be installed... but I can't complain with the two free games I got from it so all is good. :)

Souther said:
Did Sony not consider just how much traffic there would be once all this stuff went up? I think its pretty ridiculous that after all this time and the maintenance posts that they would be prepared for this...

I'm sure they did, but what are they going to do? Spend a small fortune to set up a ton of temporary servers for a couple days?

half you guys complain.....at least you got to reset your password. ive been trying to sign in then click "forgot password" so i can have the password reset link resent to me and have been seeing this screen since day one. awesome shit.....

f1mon8.png

DeVeAn said:
My little bro says he clicked EVERYTHING and now he has no access to any of the games. Anyone else run into a problem where the games don't show up anywhere? I do know the servers are going crazy.

read the new thread.

Lince

Banned
PSN Store: destroyed, mission accomplished.

seriously though, anyone having the same problem I can get the free PS3 stuff just fine but the PSP free content doesn't show for me using Media Go ('content not found'), do I have to access the Store using my PSP ? I'm at work and can't check now, thanks in advance.

I share the same account on both my PS3 and PSP btw.

I accessed the store, tried to download LBP for the PSP, it told me I first have to redeem the PSP Free Game 1 coupon. But then an error occured and now I can't download the PSP games nor the coupon again, and if I want to download LBP the normal way it'll charge me 19$.

So, where's my free PSP game?

scoobs

Many Sony is just screwing everything up. I can't even access the store half the time and even when I can, I can't download the games they're trying to give me. Fail

radeonxt

panama chief said:
half you guys complain.....at least you got to reset your password. ive been trying to sign in then click "forgot password" so i can have the password reset link resent to me and have been seeing this screen since day one. awesome shit.....

f1mon8.png

i've got the same problem...

can't even post it in the official blog so they can check whats the error..

Jomjom

Banned
Don't know if I'm understanding this (and can't check for myself because I'm at work), but I can wait until the last day of the Welcome Back program and then activate my PS+ and it will count 30 days from that day? I want to do this because I don't like any of the discounts they are offering right now and I'm hoping that later on they will have better discounts on games I actually want.

CatPee

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.

This must be reposted several times in this thread. For great justice.

plc268

Hmm weird... trying to transfer my PSP stuff over, but:

Copying from my PS3 gets me an error.
Transferring from MediaGo gets me an error.
Downloading from the PSP gets me an error.

Seems like I can't transfer anything from PSN to the PSP.

Everytime it's a new cryptic code (starting with 804...). I wish these errors were a little more explained, that way I know if it's a PSN problem, or a problem on my end.

Edit: It appears if I keep spamming the copy command, it eventually works.

Hex

Banned
Beaulieu said:
from gamefaqs

I am kind of going to do my own drinking game tonight rereading this thread and seeing how many times this has been reposted over and over since people just can not read the thread.

Can not wait to get home and get Dead Nation!

hylje

radeonxt said:
i've got the same problem...

can't even post it in the official blog so they can check whats the error..

They took couple weeks back the password reset offline but haven't returned it yet.

giggas

Welp, I tried to download the two PSP games and all I got was an error and the offer disappeared from my list.

The only reason I kind of care is because I planned on taking Killzone on a long road trip with me tomorrow. :(

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
PS+ users,

I've noticed that most of my older PS+ software says that it's going to expire earlier than the remaining time I have left on my subscription, the licenses don't seem to have updated, anyone else have this problem?

I've tried loading the games to see if the licenses update but no luck.

KevinCow

Banned
So I got an error while trying to get Welcome Back: Free PS3 Game 1. Now it's:

Welcome Back: Free PS3 Game 1 -> This content cannot be selected at this time.
LittleBigPlanet -> You must first purchase Welcome Back: Free PS3 Game 1

So if an error occurs while you're trying to get the Welcome Back: Free Game, you're just screwed? Good job, Sony.

Oh and it happened again for my first PSP game, cool.

TwIsTeD

damnit the store fucked up and I lost one of my psp downloads, nothing downloaded for psp game 1 and it disappeared ( i checked my download history and the game I selected wasnt there)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Go to account management, and services. Your free game voucher will still be there. Just have to wait for the congestion to calm down.

witness

So I finally got my two games, then I tried to sign into my fiance's account, same PS3, to get two more games and I can't sign in due to maintenance. Can't even log back into my main account either. Bah, I'll just wait until later or early tomorrow morning. At least I got my games downloading for now.

Top Bottom