• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Welcome Back package (All regions revealed) [PS+ Extensions Going Out]

So, if you attempt to reedem Playstation 3 Free Games without success and exit the Store you lose it forever? Who the hell made this POS?
I'm now attempting to reedem it in India PSN but it's hammering me with Error has occured & This content cannot be selected at this time. GTFO, Sony, you should have beta tested this.

StuBurns

Banned
Lagspike_exe said:
So, if you attempt to reedem Playstation 3 Free Games without success and exit the Store you lose it forever? Who the hell made this POS?
I'm now attempting to reedem it in India PSN but it's hammering me with Error has occured & This content cannot be selected at this time. GTFO, Sony, you should have beta tested this.
No, not at all, you can get them.

angelfly said:
Infamous has finished and is now installing. Not that worried about the rest.

You have until July 3rd

But isn't this date for just the free games expiration? I read the faq and it says:

From the time you activate your 30 days of PlayStation Plus, you’ll be able to download games and game related content, purchase select store items at a discount, and have access to the exclusive features of Plus. You’ll also be able to get early access to any Plus exclusive Demos and priority Beta invitations that might be scheduled during your 30 days.

Does this mean one can activate the plus service at a later time for the 30 day period (even after July 3rd)? Or it has to be activated before July 3rd? If so I am screwed as I won't be able to use it at all :(((

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Raxus said:
Is Dead Nation any good? I am thinking of just getting Super Stardust HD and Wipeout Fury.

Dead Nation is fun if you can get a friend.

With that said it's currently bugged with having no audio.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
iNvidious01 said:
i just took everything available to me lol, took about 15minutes and constant error messages but everything ended up under account management just fine.

remember to visit the video store for some crappy hd movies to rent for free
Hey, I haven't watched Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within before, so surely that's worth a go, right?

thegreatchamp said:
People I need help!!!

When I went to access the free Pass for PS3 #1 it errord out and I went back to the main Welcome page. But, when I went back the little icon for the first game for the PS3 disappeared.

What should I do?
Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotions
Download it there. Easy as pie.

Shadow780

McNum said:
Woo! WipEout HD (and Fury) and inFamous are both downloading right now!

That was a nightmare to get to work. Error this, error that. Then the icons went missing, then I followed instructions and found them again, then that was full of errors, too. But I was stubborn enough and now the games are coming my way.

I'd say the smart thing to do is wait until tomorrow to download this if you want it to go smoothly. There are a lot of impatient players hammering the servers right now.

yeah I'll wait.

Maaseru

Banned
The content cannot be selected at this time

Error Ocurred

Error Ocurred

Error Ocurred

Error Ocurred

Error Ocurred

Really?!?! Really SONY. UP until now I was relatively ok with the problems in PSN, hey even when it came back without the store I let it pass. Now I'm pissed. Thank God I'm in it for the games because if I ever have to go through something like this even to get something free I would take my business elsewhere. I cannot believe PSN was kacked so baddly and is so faulty after this much time. I thought that even as big as the hack could be a Big company like Sony would be really ready to work things out quickly. It's a shame really, lost a lot of respect for them as a company.

daffy

Banned
Store is loading like shit. I could be watching animu right now but I'm waiting on this :(

edit: uh oh, someone's highly distraught

Nizz

Ookami-kun said:
Dead Nation is fun if you can get a friend.

With that said it's currently bugged with having no audio.
What? No audio whatsoever? This is one of the games I want to get...

I thought you were supposed to be able to keep any free DLC with PS+? Trying to add like the MAG map pack and the Killzone map pack to my cart gives me a message that I'll only be able to download it as long as I have a Plus subscription

fenners

rainking187 said:
I thought you were supposed to be able to keep any free DLC with PS+? Trying to add like the MAG map pack and the Killzone map pack to my cart gives me a message that I'll only be able to download it as long as I have a Plus subscription

Depends on the DLC.

RPGCrazied said:
Where are all the free dynamic themes at? I've only see 2, the fire place and the aquarium. Is that really it?

Depends on whether you have activated Plus and on which account you are. US account has loads.

RPGCrazied said:
Where are all the free dynamic themes at? I've only see 2, the fire place and the aquarium. Is that really it?
There is quite a couple more. Look for the PS+ banner and go to themes. I'm still downloading it all. Can't say no to free.

Carl

Maaseru said:

Error Ocurred

Error Ocurred

Error Ocurred

Error Ocurred

Error Ocurred

Really?!?! Really SONY. UP until now I was relatively ok with the problems in PSN, hey even when it came back without the store I let it pass. Now I'm pissed. Thank God I'm in it for the games because if I ever have to go through something like this even to get something free I would take my business elsewhere. I cannot believe PSN was kacked so baddly and is so faulty after this much time. I thought that even as big as the hack could be a Big company like Sony would be really ready to work things out quickly. It's a shame really, lost a lot of respect for them as a company.

Probably many many many thousands of people trying to get on the store at this point.

Dambrosi

Banned
PjotrStroganov said:
I know it has been answered before but do expansion packs remain playable after the 30 day period comes to an end?
Yep. Have fun with your free Killzone 3 map pack!

bucknuticus said:
I already have a copy of Infamous but was thinking of downloading it, can I use my old save on the digital version?
I don't see why not. They're the exact same game, after all. The only problem you might have is if your save file is from a different region to your game, ie, using a US save on a UK game won't work.

I tried to activate Plus on my European account and it threw an error and now I am unable to redeem it now. Is there a way to redeem PSN+ like you can with the games under Service List?

SykoTech

The errors sound worrying. Even though StuBurns posted that handy solution, I think I'll just wait until tomorrow. Busy with FFXIII anyway.

Man, Hope is awful.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
FireCloud said:
I think what Ookami-kun meant was there was no voice chat. The game has audio (quite nice actually).

Nope, the game has no audio, at least the one I got. I even redownloaded it to be sure, but still the same :x

Carl

Big Papa Husker said:
I tried to activate Plus on my European account and it threw an error and now I am unable to redeem it now. Is there a way to redeem PSN+ like you can with the games under Service List?

It's throwing a lot of errors up. Possible that it could have activated but thrown an error up at the same time. Did that for me when redeeming PSP games.

Dunlop

why don't people just wait until "prime time" hours are over until attempting this. It is quite obviously the strain on the system is immense atm.

A free title is not worth the heart attack

Spwn

kinoki said:
I bought PlayStation Plus yesterday. Since I already got all the content they said I wouldn't get I'm really excited to see wether I get the 60 day extension or the 30 day trial. :)

The 60 days extension (actually 70 days, they added 10 more) is only for plus subscriptions that were active on April 20th. And because you already have plus, you won't get the 30 day trial either.

Anilusion

Can you share these games to 5 consoles like you can with all other PSN games? I bought my PS3 too late to get any free games, but I've got some friends who got them.

Melfice7

Alright managed to get my 2 games on EU even after the welcome back menu disappeared xD just need to go to list of services on account management

StuBurns

Banned
An interesting concept is it would appear you can wait 30 days until you redeem your free month too, some people might want to take advantage of that.

FireCloud

Ookami-kun said:
Nope, the game has no audio, at least the one I got. I even redownloaded it to be sure, but still the same :x

Sorry, wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. But I bought Dead Nation back in early April and the game I have has audio.

Do you have a paid version without audio or are you saying the free welcome-back version doesn't have audio?

Top Bottom