• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PSA] Xbox has changed EA Play to Gamepass Ultimate conversion from 4 months to 2 months

Zoro7

Banned
Or you could have access to every single game released for a small £40 sum.

To be honest, if MS somehow convinced third parties to release their AAA games on Gamepass day one, plus keep them in there forever, then I'd pay as much as £70 per month.
Lol what even is this? £70 a month??? You’re very much a minority here and by minority I mean youre alone.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Every company does stuff like this. First XBLG price hike. Now this quiet change in conversion ratio. There is just this false perception of MS being super pro-consumer, but that's not always the case.

It is just important to call out and look out for our gamers' brotherhood when companies do.
Because changing the conversion rate for a subscription bought for another platform is something that needs to be called out? Why would any company let you use a loop hole that was overly generous forever. It was just a temporary, "You bought this service that is now part of this other service so we will upgrade you for free" thing. But now changing this months later and after many basically abused it somehow erases that consumer friendly policy because it is not blasted out in emails and placed prominently on a banner on every xbox website. OK.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Lol what even is this? £70 a month??? You’re very much a minority here and by minority I mean youre alone.

Think Zero7, think......

£70 a month and you have access, for life, for every single game that is ever released....or spend £70 a month for one game.

If the games were in rotation, then £40 is more fair, but only if all third party AAA games were on game pass day one.

Zoro7

Banned
Think Zero7, think......

£70 a month and you have access, for life, for every single game that is ever released....or spend £70 a month for one game.

If the games were in rotation, then £40 is more fair, but only if all third party AAA games were on game pass day one.
No one buys every single game that’s released though? There are some months where I don’t buy any games. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

II_JumPeR_I

Yeah, I used a VPN when I tried it for myself and it was fine, when I tried for a friend in thee exact same way I got a message about the code not being bought in that region or something. Maybe I messed up somewhere but I was definitely on a VPN when I tried to activate it.
Make sure he hasnt any active sub going.

ZehDon

Where am I saying I agree all game prices should increase and that I am happy about it?
I didn't say you're agreeing or happy. In my post, the one that you cut off in order to provide an out of context snippet so you could post the above hyperbole, I said:

... and you're justifying Sony's 25% price increase with "everyone will do it"...
Because you wrote this:

... Also, the price hike for Sony titles (which will spread, just like the censorship debate, people are focusing on the tip of the iceberg) was more directly announced while this one quietly applied.
Which comes across as handwaving it away.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
No one buys every single game that’s released though? There are some months where I don’t buy any games. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

We'll agree to disagree then.

I personally think this is the future of gaming and I would gladly welcome it.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I didn't say you're agreeing or happy. In my post, the one that you cut off in order to provide an out of context snippet so you could post the above hyperbole, I said:

Because you wrote this:

Which comes across as handwaving it away.
I am not handwaving it away, it is happening IMHO across the industry (which is the only thing I stated) and this thread was not about discussing that. It does not change it either way, not sure why you are grasping to that... I will reply to the rest at some point, I was commenting about the bit I disagreed with enough to make a short reply, but sure I was just trying to post a hyperbole thanks for policing this thread :rolleyes:.

CRAIG667

No one is arguing. Xbox is entitled to price their product however they see fit. But if they make a pricing change, it's their responsibility to announce it and make sure their consumers know.
It's a not a price change.
The price us the same.
The offer has changed nd to be fair could have quite easily just been revoked without need to "announce" it.

Top Bottom