• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Sony is allowing refunds for digital purchases of Cyberpunk 2077 past the 2 hr limit. Also: Sony issues biz complaint against CDPR (unconfirmed).

Have you asked for a refund? Were you successful?

• Total voters
Its sad to see that one of the most consumer friendly devs out there, pulled one of the most shaddy and super anticonsumer moves i saw in recent years.

They hidded the base consoles version of the games, they only sent PC review codes to reviwers and on top of that they did not allow reviwers to show they own footage of the game. Just footage that CDPR provided. That ofc showed the game running at its best and no bugs to be seen in footage. Reviweres was only allowed to show they own footage 1 day before the game released.
Are reviewers also maybe not to blame or maybe partly to blame?
If you're exempt from showing console footage and only that which the developer provides then surely that should raise some red flags, no?

Sony knew too and they released it anyway lol
I'm sure they did know. As did Xbox.

It's pure fuckery all around.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I think you may be overestimating how much leeway both companies give the developers as far as certification goes. If a game has significant "Class 1" bugs, it ain't going nowhere till it's fixed...but the fact still stands that both Sony and Microsoft would have been aware of the state of the game.
I believe they aware of all issues and CDPR said everything will be fixed on day one patch.

MS and Sony looked at their own system preorders for the game...

Give the free pass to CDPR.

Aenima

Are reviewers also maybe not to blame or maybe partly to blame?
If you're exempt from showing console footage and only that which the developer provides then surely that should raise some red flags, no?
I only saw the YoungYea review and he did mentioned that he was not allowed to show its own footage as he wanted to show some of the bugs, but he was allowed to talk about them and he did. The reviwers that hid those details are as much to blame as CDPR but most of the reviwers was not even aware that the console version was completely broken as they only saw the game running on PCs.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Yep.

Can't believe there are some defending the game here lol. It's the worst released big game I've ever played.

It has promise but my god its fucking broken. I'm going to try to request refund. I'd love to get my money back and delete it. There's too much game breaking issues for me.
Let us know how the refund request goes. How many hours have you put into it?

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Its sad to see that one of the most consumer friendly devs out there, pulled one of the most shaddy and super anticonsumer moves i saw in recent years.

They hidded the base consoles version of the games, they only sent PC review codes to reviwers and on top of that they did not allow reviwers to show they own footage of the game. Just footage that CDPR provided. That ofc showed the game running at its best and no bugs to be seen in footage. Reviweres was only allowed to show they own footage 1 day before the game released.

Its most likely they didn't give the console review codes because they were still optimizing the console versions up till launch date. They just pushed out whatever they have for the console platforms at that point

The latest delay back then was due to the consoles needing more time, they already finished the PC version. Should have release the PC version first, then continue on the console version and release it next year or something

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

Good. Never should have released it on base last gen consoles in the current condition.

This game is way too big and ambitious to even have considered base PS4 and xb1. To get something to run on any respectable shape it would be a totally different experience. They shouldn’t have released this game period in the state it’s in. Seems high end pc’s chug too. Embarrassing.

I'm going to wait it out. However, maybe Sony and Microsoft should adopt Nintendo's old, stringent quality assurance policy from the NES era.

I played the PS4 version on my PS5 for about an hour today and it crashed twice.

b2ap3_large_Nintendo-NES-Seal.png

I only saw the YoungYea review and he did mentioned that he was not allowed to show its own footage as he wanted to show some of the bugs, but he was allowed to talk about them and he did. The reviwers that hid those details are as much to blame as CDPR but most of the reviwers was not even aware that the console version was completely broken as they only saw the game running on PCs.
I watched a handful of youtube video reviews and each of them stated they can only show PC footage of the game and footage was provided to them by CDPR.
I was like 'Ok, console footage must then be coming soon' and proceeded to get swept up in the hype of the PC footage and pre-ordered the game at the end of that day on my PS4 Pro.

I assumed console footage was good and maybe the developers just wasn't ready to show it off and have PC footage gets sole attention or exposure because of ray tracing, DLSS etc.

I didn't get a refund but that's ok. I've learned my lesson with these game pre-orders now. Funny thing is I have pre-ordered in the past and none of the games I pre-ordered had issues anywhere near as severe or widespread as this Cyberpunk game. Will definitely be more cautious with next game purchases as I only buy digital.

I played above 2 hours on the Xbox one and they refunded me instantly with no questions asked
Well you're lucky you got your money back. Happy to hear Xbox has refunded you like that without issue.

Last edited:

vpance

This game seemed to be on sale in preorder multiple times over the last 2 years. And they were substantial discounts too. I thought that was unusual for such a big title.

I wonder if that was a little desperation on their part to suck in more money before launch because they knew they were certain to release a broken game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunate the PS5 can’t handle this game, runs flawlessly on XSX

oldergamer

That is actually a pretty huge thing to note. The base Xbox One, has higher graphical settings then the base ps4. both in resolution, assets, & details.

That simply shouldn't be.

If they want this game to run better on the base consoles, then need to tone down the fog and other visual effects, lower the draw distance, or drop the resolution more.

Matsuchezz

I bought it and i have played some, patches have come fast i am running on 1.04 on ps5. The game is alright but it is not impressive at all. I will get back to it as soon as i finish demons soul and catch up with backlog.

This is the first time I've heard Sony refunding a digital game purchase. Sony is so stubborned about refunding anything digital, so Sony must believe that CD Projekt Red really done F$%K IT UP this time with Cyberpunk 2077 console versions.

OuterLimits

This reminds me of the Skyrim debacle on PS3, and to a lesser extent the No Man's Sky launch on PS4.(a ton of people were asking for digital refunds on that game due to it sucking at launch and game crashes).

Yoda

I'm pretty sure some QA person from Sony plays the game before it's released. So it did get approved internally.

Mhmmm 2077

TBH Both Sony's and Microsoft's fault for forcing the game to run on 2013 hardware, it could be released only for Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro and it would be fine.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I have played 5-6 hours on XSX and only come across my first glitch last night. I carjacked a lady and when she was thrown to the ground she disappeared into the road lol. Other than that it's been ok.

I hope this kicks CDPR into gear in terms of making the game into something these people getting refunds want to buy when it's better. I mean... besides the base console versions... honestly I don't want their precious time spent trying to fix that, those consoles need to die and those gamers need to move on.

TBH Both Sony's and Microsoft's fault for forcing the game to run on 2013 hardware, it could be released only for Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro and it would be fine.
I don't think Sony or MS could force them to make it for any console. They are releasing it on the one s and ps4 because of the 100 million users that have one.

Mhmmm 2077

I don't think Sony or MS could force them to make it for any console. They are releasing it on the one s and ps4 because of the 100 million users that have one.
They can't release a game only on PS4 Pro or Xbox One X, it has to be running on the base models too. While Nintendo allows "new 3DS exclusives", that don't work on regular 3DS consoles.

They can't release a game only on PS4 Pro or Xbox One X, it has to be running on the base models too. While Nintendo allows "new 3DS exclusives", that don't work on regular 3DS consoles.
If that is the case then the developer should have noted this when taking 7 years to develop it.

Pagusas

Elden Member
For a very brief moment in time I debating giving up PC gaming and becoming a console only gamer.... This game reminded me why I dont do that.

ethomaz

Banned
2013: Late gen games were almost unplayable on the PS3 and 360. People shrugged and upgraded.

2020: A late gen game is unplayable on the Xbox One and PS4. People stomp their feet and demand the developer be punished for them not upgrading.
Which late gen game was unplayable on PS360 like Cyberpunk is on PS4/XB1?

THEAP99

Banned
For a very brief moment in time I debating giving up PC gaming and becoming a console only gamer.... This game reminded me why I dont do that.
Ultimately, assuming cd Projekt do a quality next gen update, Cyberpunk will probably run better on next gen consoles than 60% of pc gamers

GHG

Gold Member
Sony knew too and they released it anyway lol

The problem is these companies promising things will be fixed by the time the day one patch rolls round.

It should ge illegal for them to print disks with their games in the state that they are when they go "gold" but it happens all the time with the larger publishers. It's rotten.

Kenpachii

This is why i don't play on consoles. Games always run like shit. ( / joke )

The thing is, if you do this u need to do it for everything 2 hours is bullshit anyway. they need to drastically change this so if u buy a game with 200 hours of content where u just barely start it at 2 hours in, u can refund it also way later in.

Last edited:

lucius

It is not fine on One X I got my refund pretty quick so they know it’s not good on that too, anything above that version they may have a case to deny it even though they shouldn’t. Like one review said it looks like it’s almost running an N64 filter at times.

Sad to hear about One X also not being good. I always assumed base consoles would have a problem with this game, though certainly not as bad as it is. But I assumed One X and Pro would at least be decent. I was originally going to pick up the One X version before getting a PS5 for the big screen experience after a PC playthrough.

My gf who dosen't care about FPS and whatnot only has the old betamax looking xbox. She got it for that and yeah it looks awful.

I like CDPR and I won't say things like scam. But I will say I think this reflects poorly on them as very community friendly developers. To release a game in such a poor state really hurts that. But I also hope it dosen't hurt the game in the long run. It's general perspective on this game should not be one of it being broken trash.

Kenpachii

U can also look at this differently tho.

Sony has a certification process, so they would know exactly that the game wasn't running well even remotely.
Sony bullying PC developers to fall in line which holds back game visuals massively.

Madflavor

I'm really enjoying the game so far, but man. CDPR have utterly destroyed their reputation. The delays, the crunch controversy, and now this. It really wasn't long ago at all that CDPR was so widely beloved and trusted. I've never seen a developer gain such fame and lose it so quickly.

That said, depending on how much they work on improving the game, the whole situation can be turned around. I think by this time next year we'll know if CP77 will shape up to be a great game. They got their work cut out for them with ironing out bugs, improving the AI, and adding quality of life features, before the DLC even comes down the line. But I really hope they figure it out. I know some people are mad and want to lash out, and I know some others just love to revel in the misery and controversy. But I really do hope the game is vastly improved upon in the next couple years.

There is a brilliant and great game underneath the mess.

jaysius

Banned
MS is doing the same thing, lightning fast refunds, I think I'll get back in when the Next gen patch comes out and sale hits. The game is great fun, shooting is good, but god damn those bugs man.

Top Bottom