• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Sony is allowing refunds for digital purchases of Cyberpunk 2077 past the 2 hr limit. Also: Sony issues biz complaint against CDPR (unconfirmed).

Have you asked for a refund? Were you successful?

• Total voters
Update: Get your refunds. No reqs.

Source: PushSquare / Reddit

PS4 owners are being allowed to refund their digital purchases for Cyberpunk 2077 pass the 2 hr threshold. In light of the current state of the game (an unacceptable buggy mess) it appears Sony has been more lenient and understanding of the situation. So if you've bought the game digitally, and ran past the 2 hr threshold, yet wish to receive a refund you can still do so. Just request it with a chat rep or calling here: US (855-413-3938).

If you visit the Reddit link you'll find a thread where a lot PS4 owners have requested a refund with success. Some have being denied however.

According to the user who started the Reddit Megathread, the chat rep mentioned to him that Sony issued a business complaint to CDPR in light of the issues and complaints (unconfirmed).

Also, Xbox seems to be allowing refunds as well pass the threshold.

===============================================

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
I’m going to try, I keep trying to play this game but the crashing when you’re driving is insane.

You know things are bad when Sony is allowing refunds on digital purchases pass the 2 hour threshold.
Yep.

Can't believe there are some defending the game here lol. It's the worst released big game I've ever played.

It has promise but my god its fucking broken. I'm going to try to request refund. I'd love to get my money back and delete it. There's too much game breaking issues for me.

Yep.

Can't believe there are some defending the game here lol. It's the worst released big game I've ever played.

It has promise but my god its fucking broken. I'm going to try to request refund. I'd love to get my money back and delete it. There's too much game breaking issues for me.

I haven’t tried the game yet even though I have it, but a friend of mine says the game crashed on him at least 6 times in 2 days and he experienced some severe glitches every few minutes on top of that.

SirTerry-T

Source: PushSquare / Reddit

PS4 owners are being allowed to refund their digital purchases for Cyberpunk 2077 pass the 2 hr threshold. In light of the current state of the game (an unacceptable buggy mess) it appears Sony has been more lenient and understanding of the situation. So if you've bought the game digitally, and ran past the 2 hr threshold, yet wish to receive a refund you can still do so. Just request it with a chat rep or calling here: US (855-413-3938).

If you visit the Reddit link you'll find a thread where a lot PS4 owners have requested a refund with success. Some have being denied however.

According to the user who started the Reddit Megathread, the chat rep mentioned to him that Sony issued a business complaint to CDPR in light of the issues and complaints (unconfirmed).

Also, Xbox seems to be allowing refunds as well pass the threshold.

===============================================
Hang on, games have to pass Sony or Microsoft's certification process before a single disc can be duplicated. So they would have been well aware of the state of the game, surely?

This is going to backfire big time on CDPR.

Their management is absolutely stupid
And they fucking knew the console versions were broken so deliberately withheld any footage from reviewers.
That's scummy as fuck.

Had I known the game looked and played like it does now, I would not have pre-ordered.
It's also my fault for blindly pre-ordering but how was I supposed to know the game is in such a bad state if there is no console footage available anywhere. I assumed it was ok and naturally the PC footage they showed off would always look the best. I can stomach low res textures, shadows and resolution but when the game chugs at 20FPS and crashes several times during a playthrough alongside missions bugging out and conversation prompts disappearing then...FUCK.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I was considering asking for a refund just for the bugs in series x. Figured I’d just finish valhalla and give it time to get patched some before I play it anymore.

Jtibh

Banned
TkPWJ9N.jpg

I haven’t tried the game yet even though I have it, but a friend of mine says the game crashed on him at least 6 times in 2 days and he experienced some severe glitches every few minutes on top of that.
I'm on PS4 Pro. I get in my car and just driving around the city to a new mission or a side mission or any activity for more than a minute (and especially through the denser parts of the city) causes the game to crash. It happens every. single. fucking. time.
The mission where you first meet the white corpo lady, that first interaction there should be 2 conversation options on screen, that for me is missing. So i wait for this pop up, that never arrives and she has one of her goons wack me over the head and throw me against a car. Only then do i have an option to choose what to say to her.

I reloaded this countless times and that convo choice is never available for me. It's at this point I just gave up.

Cracking game when it works (which is like for a few minutes) and then I run into either bugs or it crashes to blue screen.

THEAP99

Banned
I tried getting a refund friday. Did not work.

I hope CD PROJEKT red get what they deserve. Light their asses on fire sony, do it. They need to learn the hard way about fucking with console gamers. The state of the game without the patch is mindboggling. Fucking over people with bad internet and data caps. Enough

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

These certifications works better for small devs... big AAA games have more freedom... they can say it will be fixed on the day one patch and delivery the disc in any state.
I think you may be overestimating how much leeway both companies give the developers as far as certification goes. If a game has significant "Class 1" bugs, it ain't going nowhere till it's fixed...but the fact still stands that both Sony and Microsoft would have been aware of the state of the game.

yurinka

I thought PS4 version could hold steady 30 fps and only Xbone was a slideshow? Or are there mamy gamebreaking bugs?
PS4 Pro is more or less steady 30 fps, base PS4 in terms of fps is a almost like the XB1S version.

Hang on, games have to pass Sony or Microsoft's certification process before a single disc can be duplicated. So they would have been well aware of the state of the game, surely?
Didn't sony had to greenlight the gold disc?
This greenlight / certification doesn't require a certain minimum native resolution, minimum fps or fixing all the non-crash bugs. It basically asks the dev to follow a checklist (game doesn't crash when you sync a new pad or eject the disc, must have trophies, the PS4 version must work fine on PS5 BC and a long list of stuff like that). Not only Sony, same goes with MS and Nintendo.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Still best to grab it cheap and wait for the Next-Gen upgrade.
There's no point in returning the physical version if the Next-Gen versions are gonna be full price

I think you may be overestimating how much leeway both companies give the developers as far as certification goes. If a game has significant "Class 1" bugs, it ain't going nowhere till it's fixed...but the fact still stands that both Sony and Microsoft would have been aware of the state of the game.

The certification process is nothing nowadays. Can you imagine if Microsoft never certified the game...... But Sony did (or vice versa).... One company would just Hoover up all the sales.... Even if it was a buggy mess.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I played over 8 hours of the XB version and decided to buy the PC version yesterday for better graphics. I wasn't planning on trying for a refund since I assumed they wouldn't give one after 8 hours of playtime. I've never had luck with refunds in the past. I figured what the hell and put in a request today. It was approved almost right away and they fully refunded it. It happened quick enough it must have been automated.

Last edited:
PS4 Pro is more or less steady 30 fps, base PS4 in terms of fps is a almost like the XB1S version.

This greenlight / certification doesn't require a certain minimum native resolution, minimum fps or fixing all the non-crash bugs. It basically asks the dev to follow a checklist (game doesn't crash when you sync a new pad or eject the disc, must have trophies, the PS4 version must work fine on PS5 BC and a long list of stuff like that). Not only Sony, same goes with MS and Nintendo.
Until you drive through the city. Drive long enough and it crashes. Framerate goes sub 30FPS very easily.
That on top of the laundry list of other issues the game currently has.

Last edited:

El Sueño

1280x720.jpg

If they don't meet the expections, Sony has to ensure quality; it has more than 100 millions PS4 abroad and a reputation to back up.

Aenima

Its sad to see that one of the most consumer friendly devs out there, pulled one of the most shaddy and super anticonsumer moves i saw in recent years.

They hidded the base consoles version of the games, they only sent PC review codes to reviwers and on top of that they did not allow reviwers to show they own footage of the game. Just footage that CDPR provided. That ofc showed the game running at its best and no bugs to be seen in footage. Reviweres was only allowed to show they own footage 1 day before the game released.

SirTerry-T

Yep, well aware of what the process involves, working as a dev myself. What I'm finding hard to believe is that the Q&A departments for Sony or Microsoft wouldn't have been aware of the problems the game clearly has. It's the "playing innocent stance" that Sony appear to be developing (if the article is true) that doesn't sit quite right with me.

RedVIper

Banned
And they fucking knew the console versions were broken so deliberately withheld any footage from reviewers.
That's scummy as fuck.

Had I known the game looked and played like it does now, I would not have pre-ordered.
It's also my fault for blindly pre-ordering but how was I supposed to know the game is in such a bad state if there is no console footage available anywhere. I assumed it was ok and naturally the PC footage they showed off would always look the best. I can stomach low res textures, shadows and resolution but when the game chugs at 20FPS and crashes several times during a playthrough alongside missions bugging out and conversation prompts disappearing then...FUCK.

Sony knew too and they released it anyway lol

Greggy

Looks like CDPR celebrated the recouping of their development costs too early. The reputational damage is becoming serious.
In my honest opinion though, if you have a base ps or Xbox you shouldn’t want to play that game. The Witcher 3 which came out almost a decade ago barely runs on your console so what did you expect?

Top Bottom