• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA Knights of The Old Republic 2 on switch cannot be completed.

Apparently Aspyr fuck the game up and switch owners are shit out of luck trying to finish the game. Patch is eta 2022 lol.
Also, can game reviewers finish the damn games before putting up a review. I can handle jank and bugs, I draw the line when I can't roll credits on a game I just bought.
Bodes well for the KotoR remake I'd say. Good luck Sony.

https://kotaku.com/kotor-ii-star-wa...utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=twitter

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not played myself so not sure, but wasn't Kotor 2 literally unfinished anyway? I thought you had to play it with a bunch of mods to even get the full game?

Also, can game reviewers finish the damn games before putting up a review.
Game can't be finished, has a critic average of 79...........
Game can't be finished, has user score of 7.8.....
epic-facepalm.gif

Not played myself so not sure, but wasn't Kotor 2 literally unfinished anyway? I thought you had to play it with a bunch of mods to even get the full game?
Nah the ending got cut for sure but there is still credits on the og xbox game I played back in 2004 if I remember.
This port the game crashes midway through a mid game cutscene and Aspyr just...didnt care.

Reactions: Isa

clem84

Gold Member
There's a limited run version of this game. Hopefully it'll be fixed by the time it physically releases, or else holy crap.

Tangerine

Pretty poor. I know the pain from only having a series X and wanting to finish GTA 4.

Did Rockstar ever fix the inability (or near impossibility) on Series X with GTA 4? Anyone know?

The inability to complete the final mission due to the game running at 60FPS and button mashing quicktime events, due to how they coded it are now very hard to execute. The fact it barely reached 30FPS on the 360 and PS3... That's my understanding anyway.

Just an option to run at 30 or 60 would fix that surely. If they haven't fixed it it's been like 2 years or something since the issue was found. Admittedly it's not a new release or a remaster...but still.

I remember the news pieces at the time, saying it's 60FPS now on series consoles backwards compat and worth replaying for that alone. So I did...but could never finish it.

clem84

Gold Member
Makes reviewers look really bad. Not that we didn't know it already.
I'm thinking that it's probably a bug that doesn't show up all the time, just in specific scenarios, so it's still technically possible to complete the game? So some reviewers could possibly have completed it. Just speculating here...

kuncol02

Banned
Pretty poor. I know the pain from only having a series X and wanting to finish GTA 4.

Did Rockstar ever fix the inability (or near impossibility) on Series X with GTA 4? Anyone know?

The inability to complete the final mission due to the game running at 60FPS and button mashing quicktime events, due to how they coded it are now very hard to execute. The fact it barely reached 30FPS on the 360 and PS3... That's my understanding anyway.

Just an option to run at 30 or 60 would fix that surely. If they haven't fixed it it's been like 2 years or something since the issue was found. Admittedly it's not a new release or a remaster...but still.

I remember the news pieces at the time, saying it's 60FPS now on series consoles backwards compat and worth replaying for that alone. So I did...but could never finish it.
It works (or rather doesn't) exactly same on PC since launch. FPS Boost can be turned off. I'm pretty sure that should work for x360 games.

Tangerine

There's a limited run version of this game. Hopefully it'll be fixed by the time it physically releases, or else holy crap.
This annoys me a fair bit. Especially with games that aren't finished with DLC releases...such as the new streets of rage game. Or that prisoner collector's edition for dead cells.

I know indie devs can be desperate for cash and can't always wait. Perhaps in some cases Devs think they finished, do a LRG print then later decide to make more DLC...still annoying! Selfishly speaking of course as a physical switch game collector.

Or even death's door getting a special reserve games print so soon after the digital port releases. Makes me worry about bugs and poor optimisation making its way onto physical cartridges/bluerays etc.

Would much rather they all acted like they did with Celeste. Waiting till final piece of dlc to be finished so the COMPLETE GAME can be printed on the cartridges.

Rykan

It works (or rather doesn't) exactly same on PC since launch. FPS Boost can be turned off. I'm pretty sure that should work for x360 games.
It doesn't because GTA IV doesn't have fps boost. It just runs at an unlocked frame rate and since the xsx is more powerful than a 360, it now runs at 60.

Tangerine

It's a unique situation I think. I don't think FPS boost was even a thing at the time, or at least not implemented on gta4.

As far as I know it's just capped at 60. If the original game that released in 2008 had of had the hardware necessary to run it at 60, it just would have.

Edit: beaten to the punch!

Hey Niko, want to go bowling with your cousin!? Heh. Poor Roman.

Last edited:
Makes reviewers look really bad. Not that we didn't know it already.
I kinda understand. These websites all want to be first because of clicks.

If you actually need to play a game from beginning to credits before writing a review you will end up with a review that nobody reads anyway because you're late to the party.

Tangerine

If you actually need to play a game from beginning to credits before writing a review you will end up with a review that nobody reads anyway because you're late to the party.
This is why I always think review embargoes are a good idea. So long as they give enough time to complete the game. Maybe a week or 2 depending on the game length?

That's not true. The smart people will wait for a few weeks to see ACTUAL reviews, not Day 1 hype trains. Some people still have integrity.

EDMIX

PSA: Dont buy shitty ports. Just play it on PC.

This. Love the game, but why the fuck would i even be playing it on the go? I just never got that vibe or feeling to play this game portably and don't really get it lol

Better version is on PC. I'll wait for the remake before I play KOTOR again

bender

What time is it?
Aspyr are one of the worst porting studios I can think of. I'm not sure why companies pass these games over to them.

I'm pretty sure KOTOR was botched on Switch too. I think party and NPC chatter was removed and there were issues with fonts in the game.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Thought this was gonna be a shit post about how KotoR II was shipped unfinished. Jesus Christ. I bought this and was looking forward to it. 😭

MiguelItUp

Jesus Christ. That's honestly inexcusable. The fact that something like that wasn't fixed before going gold is insane. I mean, that's no D, C, or B bug. That's the biggest A/S I've ever heard of, lol.

PSA: Dont buy shitty ports. Just play it on PC.
Srsly this is one of the better arguments to be made in favor of the PC platform. Everything's digital anyways, there's no generational transitions, and more or less full backwards compatibility. Then there's the usual patches, community mods and even community patches/fixes. If you bought a console game that ships broken on disc, you have a nice paperweight by the time servers have shut down.

Top Bottom