• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA Gamepass Ultimate users who also play on pc

BigBooper

Did you know that since EA Play joined Gamepass, you can also play those games? "Yes of course you dummy," you might be thinking. Au contraire I say.

Not all of the EA Play games are available on Gamepass, Xbox, or the Xbox Windows store. You can play all those other games on EA Desktop if you've connected your accounts. So try out EA Desktop today and you too can play such hits as Command and Conquer Remastered, SimCity, The Sims 3, Red Alert 3, SimCity 2000, and many more!

Maybe it's widely known, but I just realized it this week.

Kataploom

Gold Member
How so? Do you mean Game pass for PC and for Xbox? Isn't that whay Ultimate is for? BTW I just played Jedi Fallen Order these days from EA Play due to my XGP subscription, awesome game!

I Appreciate You Dj Khaled GIF

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yes we knew. Gamepass continues to deliver.

Except i am lazy to reinstall EA since deleting Origins during some Windows update. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

this is actually a whole seperate thing from origin

guess EA decided they needed 2 launchers for some reason, but EA desktop is actually much nicer

longdi

Banned
this is actually a whole seperate thing from origin

guess EA decided they needed 2 launchers for some reason, but EA desktop is actually much nicer

Too much launchers and logins, so i havent touched EA one for a long time :pie_roffles:

Probably give BF6 a spin once it is out on Gamepass EA Play launcher on PC :messenger_peace:

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Also once your account is set, you don’t need to launch those games from EA Desktop, they are in the normal GP library and can be run from there. And most games have all DLCs included, not a bad deal since it was added without any price increase.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Does the PC version of GPU now marry up with the Xbox version? When I accessed this several months back PC GPU was woefully low on titles, but it had only just released and was in beta? I believe.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Did you know that since EA Play joined Gamepass, you can also play those games? "Yes of course you dummy," you might be thinking. Au contraire I say.

Not all of the EA Play games are available on Gamepass, Xbox, or the Xbox Windows store. You can play all those other games on EA Desktop if you've connected your accounts. So try out EA Desktop today and you too can play such hits as Command and Conquer Remastered, SimCity, The Sims 3, Red Alert 3, SimCity 2000, and many more!

Maybe it's widely known, but I just realized it this week.
Woah! I hadn’t realised we’ve got access to Command and Conquer remastered! Get in!!!

BigBooper

Does the PC version of GPU now marry up with the Xbox version? When I accessed this several months back PC GPU was woefully low on titles, but it had only just released and was in beta? I believe.
No. There's a lot of console games that aren't on the PC Gamepass, but they are trying to work around that by letting you stream those games on PC.

Chukhopops

Last month there was only a difference of 5 games between PC and console (355 vs 360). There are still console games not available on PC, but now there are also PC exclusive games. PC GP also has a higher meta score average.

longdi

Banned
Also once your account is set, you don’t need to launch those games from EA Desktop, they are in the normal GP library and can be run from there. And most games have all DLCs included, not a bad deal since it was added without any price increase.
oh wait, can i install set up EA pass once, link it to Gamepass and then uninstall EA pass?

Paasei

This thread is confusing to read so early in the morning. Xbox GP, PC GP, ultimate. EA play, EA Origin and EA desktop....

Should I ever be interested, wtf do I need?

Stuart360

oh wait, can i install set up EA pass once, link it to Gamepass and then uninstall EA pass?
No. But once you havelinked your account, you only need the EA Desktop App open to download their games. You dont even need Gamepass open. The EA App just recognizes you as a subscriber.

RaZoR No1

EA Desktop is still missing some EA Play games.
For example C&C Ultimate Collection is listed on Origin with EA Play, but cannot be found anywhere in the Gamepass or EA Desktop app.
Anyone know how to play it with Gamepass?

Last edited:

Chukhopops

EA Desktop is still missing some EA Play games.
For example C&C Ultimate Collection is listed on Origin with EA Play, but cannot be found anywhere in the Gamepass or EA Desktop app.
Anyone know how to play it with Gamepass?
I found it on EA Desktop and installed it, don’t know if that changed. It’s not listed on the GP app but once you add it it will appear in your game list.

I will check later if it’s still there.

Jag

Xbox Game Pass for PC includes EA Play, even without Ultimate (unlike console GP, which requires Ultimate for EA on Xbox)

PC EA Play also has a lot more 3rd party games on it, unlike the console EA Play which is only EA titles. Pretty sweet deal for PC players.

If I have Gamepass for PC will I be able to play Biomutant on it day 1? Or is that separate for EA Ultimate?

Last edited:

elliot5

If I have Gamepass for PC will I be able to play Biomutant on it day 1? Or is that separate for EA Ultimate?
Separate. EA Play is the basic tier with older titles. EA Play Pro is the "Day 1" premier tier at $15 a month thru EA alone. Though some games like Knockout City are coming to the basic tier day 1.

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

I found it on EA Desktop and installed it, don’t know if that changed. It’s not listed on the GP app but once you add it it will appear in your game list.

I will check later if it’s still there.
Just to make sure: You found the Ultimate Collection and not the Remastered Collection?
I can only find the Remastered one

RaZoR No1

Oh sorry I misread your post, thought it was the remaster. I checked and don't see it at all on EA Play.
It is not available at all on EA Desktop, but it is available on Origin (even included in EA Play)
I dont get how EA can release a "new" store with missing games..

BigBooper

It is not available at all on EA Desktop, but it is available on Origin (even included in EA Play)
I dont get how EA can release a "new" store with missing games..
Yea that's bizarre. You have to have two clients for one store. Redonkulus

Brofist

I just found this out recently as well, when I actually looked at the EA Desktop app for the first time.

Top Bottom