• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PSA] FPS Boost On Xbox Series Comes With a Resolution Downgrade To 1080p In Some Games

Freeman76

Surely this is only because it isnt a proper patch by the devs but a system level boost? If Ghosts of Tsushima can hit a flawless 60 there is no way FO4 couldnt. If Bethesda actually did a next gen patch they could have all these running at 4k 60fps. Its amazing MS can do this at all imo!

Roberts

I tried the trick that fools FO4 into running at both 4K and 60fps (I’m talking about FPS boost not mods) and it works. Dropped frames during an intense firefight, but otherwise felt smooth. Probably will stick to this method, because I can live with a few dropped frames here and there. Haven’t tried it with FO76 but I assume it doesn’t fare as well.

Izumar

Banned
I wonder if these two games are getting X enhanced versions later and are, for now, just running the S versions.

They seemed like the best candidates of all the Bethesda games to get it.

BbMajor7th

Neat tech - give them time to iron it out. These first few titles are clearly in a test and learn phase, but once they get it down these should all run with boosts to both resolution and framerate.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I tried the trick that fools FO4 into running at both 4K and 60fps (I’m talking about FPS boost not mods) and it works. Dropped frames during an intense firefight, but otherwise felt smooth. Probably will stick to this method, because I can live with a few dropped frames here and there. Haven’t tried it with FO76 but I assume it doesn’t fare as well.
What is the trick?

NXGamer

the meat of what this is saying:

Dishonored was always 1080p, it never had mid-gen upgrades.

According to ElAnalistaDeBits Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 drop from their enhanced resolution to 1080p.

Curious to see this confirmed by someone else, and also if so, is it working as intended, or is this a bug? FPS Boost is still in pretty early stages. I also didn't know that Fallout 76 was 4k on One X.
My full video will be "hopefully" be up on IGN Games later today.

JackMcGunns

Well everyone these days are saying resolution doesnt matter anymore, and framerate is king, so yeah this is great news.

It depends on the narrative. If you visit the Hitman 3 analysis, suddenly resolution means nothing, but in this thread you start to see how important resolution is again, especially for a console that was created for people who haven't yet jumped to a 4K TV. Remember those threads? Who needs 4K, just give me 1080p/60 with next gen features. BOOM! that's Series S in a nutshell and at $299, but fanboys will be fanboys.

Im pretty sure big frame rate drops would've been a bigger issue than 1080p 60 resolution
Isn't this the best case scenario 1080p60 or go full 4k 30fps
They are giving u the best option yet still people are not happy and bringing console war bs in this

Top Bottom