• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5s in stock at Walmart all over the place yesterday and today

Struck out on best buy and walmart . The bestbuy miss hurt most , because I timed it just as it dropped before 1pm est. Still could not complete checkout . Bestbuy was a random time drop too that I loaded seconds after going live , and STILL missed on a ps5. Ridiculous bullshit.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Struck out on best buy and walmart . The bestbuy miss hurt most , because I timed it just as it dropped before 1pm est. Still could not complete checkout . Bestbuy was a random time drop too that I loaded seconds after going live , and STILL missed on a ps5. Ridiculous bullshit.

I know that feel bro, barely got one through Walmart myself.

tillbot8

Banned
Don't Sony have some crazy automated production facility in Japan? Hopefully supply issues won't be an issue from q1/q2 2021 onwards...I hope anyway I'm going in when that Gran Turismo 7 goodness is coming :)

How do you find this info out?
They do it between 3pm and 6pm eastern, and haven't done it for a couple of days, so I just checked when I got home and got lucky.

By lucky I mean I got in line. Have never actually scored one from them, probably been in line 6 or 7 times. lol.

Last edited:

sainraja

They do it between 3pm and 6pm eastern, and haven't done it for a couple of days, so I just checked when I got home and got lucky.

By lucky I mean I got in line. Have never actually scored one from them, probably been in line 6 or 7 times. lol.

Oh gotcha! Well, thanks for sharing! Hopefully we'll both be able to grab one!

Entroyp

Good luck to everyone trying to snatch a PS5!! Keep clicking on that add to cart button, don’t give up.

Last edited:

tuco11

Can someone tell me if using the Walmart app will the add to cart button just show when looking at item or do I have to back out then go back in to listing.

Entroyp

Can someone tell me if using the Walmart app will the add to cart button just show when looking at item or do I have to back out then go back in to listing.

Go back and then open the item, repeat until you see the ‘add to cart button’

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Sweet baby Jesus

ptu1QVH.png

Congrats to all the lucky buyers. Now sit back and pray Walmart doesn't either cancel your order or simply not deliver it ever. Just kidding. But seriously, don't sleep easy until its delivered.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Oof. How many tried the Walmart deal? Tried at 3, 3:10 and 3:20. Mashing F5 two minutes before the drop. Instantly out of stock. Couldn't even get one in my cart.

This is after I ordered one from Amazon way back when and it got "lost" in the mail apparently.

Corrik

Oof. How many tried the Walmart deal? Tried at 3, 3:10 and 3:20. Mashing F5 two minutes before the drop. Instantly out of stock. Couldn't even get one in my cart.

This is after I ordered one from Amazon way back when and it got "lost" in the mail apparently.
I dunno but I see a ton of success stories on resetera and on GameFAQs and I was successful. Surprised you had so much trouble.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I only tried this one because I got lucky and snagged an RTX card yesterday after trying for months. Thought maybe luck was on my side but you can't have it all.

Corrik

Must be luck, you click add to cart as soon as you refresh and it says out of stock when you check out immediately.
Probably. Of our topic on GameFAQs 4 of the 5 got one (and another said he could of if he wanted but decided not to at the order button). The only one who didn't missed the first 2 waves. 1 used the direct add to cart link. The other 3 just regular refresh.

But, I did hear another drop for walmart is coming at 3pm tomorrow so should be more chances coming.

NullZ3r0

Banned
Walmart is shipping console orders now. Mine originally said Jan. 8th. Checked just now and its showing Shipped with FedEx with a Dec. 26 delivery date.

However when I go to FedEx it says the 23rd. Yay!!!

Last edited:

Corrik

Walmart is shipping console orders now. Mine originally said Jan. 8th. Checked just now and its showing Shipped with FedEx with a Dec. 26 delivery date.

Did you get a PS5 or an Xbox? I heard a lot of Xbox's are getting early dates.

Eternal21

A PS5 I ordered for co-worker changed from Jan 9th to Dec 21st. He's stoked, because it will be in time for his kids for Xmas. That Walmart drop on Tuesday was huge, a crapload of people got one at that time.

Relativ9

My wife and I have been ON this shit almost every day with no luck. It's not that important I get one, I mean I WANT one, but at this point she's taken it as a personal affront that it is hard to acquire and now must succeed in purchasing one.

Haha mine is the same, she couldn't give two shits about it herself, but she's checking the tracking apps every hour to try and find me one. She even suggested we buy it from scalpers and I had to talk her down from paying three times the price for it (not giving those fuckers a dime).

Top Bottom