• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5s in stock at Walmart all over the place yesterday and today

Termite

Does anyone know if any US stores other than Amazon accept international debit/credit cards?

I want to buy a next-gen console off a US site and have it shipped to a US address in FL, but every site locks your credit card payment billing address to somewhere in the US. I have no idea why they do this when Amazon doesn't.

Drives me crazy that Amazon is the one site not doing any drops whatsoever as it's the only one I know I can use.

EDIT: Also, with Best Buy, Walmart, and possibly PS Direct all dropping today, it feels like this might be the last big push to get stuff shipped before the holidays. Might be last chance saloon for people who want it by Christmas.

Last edited:

Paulxo87

Did any human being actually get one from the 3pm drop? Why does walmart keep announcing things ahead of time. Just randomly put them up for sale.. this gives the gamers a fighting chance.

I had a first wave pre-order from when they randomly put em up for sale.

Woggleman

I had one in my cart then it kept asking me for my security code and then it tells me it is no longer available. Also maybe CDPR should get some of the people who made these bots to fix CP77. If they can make something that goes that fast surely they can make the game run better. Just kidding.

Kev Kev

everyone just needs to relax and wait a few months. youll get one eventually. all of this shit just isnt worth it.

and your sniveling little fuck trophies will be fine :messenger_tears_of_joy: . maybe this is a good opportunity to teach them a lesson on patience

Arachnid

I am getting wrecked. I almost had a ps5. It was in my cart and I was at check out. Damn it.

EDIT: I guess they're done then? Walmart doesn't have a time anymore.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Been watching people here and on Redditt trying to get one. At this point just take the fracking orders and let people wait for a system. It beats people having to refresh pages at specific times and kills the scalpers.

Had a Digital in my cart, got all the way through checkout and then panicked which card to put it on, and I think in that 3 seconds, it sold out. It's crazy out there!

The Walmart ones all showed delivery in January though.

bargeparty

Had a Digital in my cart, got all the way through checkout and then panicked which card to put it on, and I think in that 3 seconds, it sold out. It's crazy out there!

The Walmart ones all showed delivery in January though.

Mine says "BY Jan 9th" so could get here earlier. Assuming they have them in the warehouse no reason to wait right?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Mine says "BY Jan 9th" so could get here earlier. Assuming they have them in the warehouse no reason to wait right?
I would guess so, glad I got one at least, was trying to get one at bestbuy but their check out was BS. Said check nearby stores and it sold out everywhere now.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Been watching people here and on Redditt trying to get one. At this point just take the fracking orders and let people wait for a system. It beats people having to refresh pages at specific times and kills the scalpers.
I gave up on this and the 3080, I'll circle back next year.

Wanted a digital version for the nephew/godson's bday...but ended up with the full console because it's what I successfully carted first..

Can't complain though.

Pro Tips:
1) Register an account with Walmart
2) Enter your payment info into the account. If you go into checkout without a pre-entered CC you're going to lose your inventory in the cart.
3) Keep your CVV handy as you'll need it at checkout.
4) use the mobile app instead of the website.
  • the mobile app does not disable the add to cart button after unsuccessfully adding.
  • DO NOT go back to the listing page after you've seen the Add to Cart button. Even if you get the sold out message.
  • You can now use that Add to Cart button going forward indefinitely and whenever stock hits you have a shortcut
  • Check the Walmart website to see when the next wave of inventory is (every 10 to 20 minutes).
  • Mash the Add to Cart button on the mobile app at that time.
The less ethical alternative is to use a pre-generated Add to Cart link. This will get your IP banned at some retailers (like NIke) but Walmart doesn't have any mechanisms in place to detect this.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned

Yeah if Sony, MS, Nintendo, Nvidia, AMD etc. want to get their consoles and GPUs to games they need to:

1. Take preorders way further in advance than this time, like 6+ months. Leave the open for a couple weeks to let people get in, maybe limit it to people with PS+, Xbox Live/Gamepass, or Nintendo online since their main interest is getting and keeping those subs anyway. That way they can announce a firm release date once they have made enough stock to cover those and have extra for launch day.

2. At least for their direct sales from launch day on let people pay and reserve a spot in line to get one in the order that orders received as new stock is produced. They can't really force their retail partners to do that, but can do so for direct orders. Tie it to console accounts (probably not paid ones, leave that for preorders) and limit to one per account to help reduce scalpers.

That's about all that can be done. The retail partners don't have all that much incentive to bother as consoles are low or zero profit items for them so it's not worth it to spend much money or resources twarting scalpers. A sold console is a sold console for them, while the console makers have incentive to get them in gamers hands as fast as possible so they're getting subscription fees, DLC purchases and royalties on games bought in their digital stores ASAP. Ignoring that, it would be nice if they figured out a way to limit how many people can add items to their carts and ensure anyone who gets it in their cart has one as long as they complete checkout within 5-10 minutes. But again, they really don't have incentives to spend the time and money to enact such a system so the console/GPU makers need to figure it out for their own direct sales if they want to make it easier for loyal customers to upgrade and stay in their ecosystems.

KJRage

Does ps direct announce anything when they restock? Is there anything to follow or do ahead of time to know?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Says preparing order on Walmart, although it's for the 9th of Jan apparently. Does it say that for eveyone else? I was charged already.

Top Bottom