• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5s in stock at Walmart all over the place yesterday and today

If anyone is still looking for a PS5, they are in stock all over the place. I grabbed an extra one last night, but tons of Walmarts are showing stock this morning. If they show stock and don't know anything, then they scanned it on the truck and have them out back or still on the truck. Make them scan the barcode if they don't believe you, once they do they will go out back and get you one. Walmart is exclusively selling the disc version as far as I can tell, for obvious reasons. Keep checking if your local Walmart shows no stock, they have been getting new stock the last 2 days, and you want to get over there quick when it shows up.
Wq0LFCn.jpg

Most of the stores showing "6plus", actually have exactly 6, and the stores that show limited supply are actually 4. My buddy got one last night, called me and told me they had 3 left, I went to the store a half hour later and they still had 3.

“make them scan the barcode”

I’d rather not make a retail workers life hell just for a toy. Any stores who got some in stock on the truck last night already have a line waiting for the 7am open time and they’re already gone.

They also got XSX shipments yesterday/Sunday night. Those were instantly gone too. Insane demand or little supply, who knows. Reminds me a lot of the Wii.

“make them scan the barcode”

I’d rather not make a retail workers life hell just for a toy. Any stores who got some in stock on the truck last night already have a line waiting for the 7am open time and they’re already gone.

They also got XSX shipments yesterday/Sunday night. Those were instantly gone too. Insane demand or little supply, who knows. Reminds me a lot of the Wii.
You can be polite. Only ask a worker who is carrying a scanner, they don't mind using their power tool, and once they see that they are in stock they are willing to help you.

Corrik

Camped out from 12:00 to 5am. Was 27th in line They had 10 PS5s. 0 xboxes. They said they were selling xboxes this morning. I had him scan the barcode off brickseek because it says they have 6+. He said there is 23... But he said they were all sold yesterday. (Dunno how active inventory is sold yesterday). I wasted 5 hours basically waiting for nothing. Lady went off on him saying he was allowing workers to buy stock and he lied yesterday about having them this morning when he made them leave yesterday to come back and buy them in the morning.

Came out at 415 and said "we have 10". No one knew what that meant cuz they didn't say what console. Then 4:30 they said it was a free for all. People in front of the lines were muttering they would shoot everyone here if someone got a ps5 before them cuz they waited since 6pm.

Then 4:40 came out and gave tickets to 10 people. Let them go in and get them and told everyone else to leave they had nothing else.

I wasted 5 hours for nothing.

Last edited:
Yesterday there was a huge line of 50+ people at my local Walmart by the time I got there. I wish there was a way to get an early scoop, I always get ninja'd by half the fucking town.

v_iHuGi

Banned
From what I know, Ps5 2nd wave shipment is at least 70% of 1st wave, I guess December shipments will dwarf November one.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Has SONY or Walmart apologized for low stock? Feb or March seems like the time to buy a PS5 after the holidays.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Last edited:

Angelcurio

The real question would be when that second shipment would become available. I don't really want to be screwed by someone leaking a direct link to Amazon beforehand like the last time.

Entroyp

I carted an XsX at Costco today. I can’t believe how easy it was compared to trying to cart and buy a PS5.

I removed it from my cart at checkout of course, someone else who actually wants one should have it.

Moogle11

Banned
I carted an XsX at Costco today. I can’t believe how easy it was compared to trying to cart and buy a PS5.

I removed it from my cart at checkout of course, someone else who actually wants one should have it.

Costco in general tends to be easier to get consoles from since it's limited to members and one console per member. I scored my PS5 from them on launch morning when they went live around 10:30am EST. Took a while to ship (11/21, arrived 11/25), but was painless after striking out everywhere else before and since (been trying to help score one for a friend who missed out).

Goofy

Is there an alternative to Brickseek that still works?
If Brickseek can access the API, surely other options to check inventory?

Rayderism

Hmm....was just at Wally World........didn't even bother to check if they had any PS5's. (though I did finally see one as a display unit the last time I was there) Figured it would be a waste of time to even look at this point. Just grabbed what I specifically went there to get and got the hell out of there. The place was stupid busy.

Besides, I consider PS5 not worth my time until they unlock the SSD expansion slot, allow PS5 cold-storage on an external HDD (optimally, allow 2 ext. HDD's, one for PS4 games, and the other for PS5 game cold storage) and maybe even folders for the installed games.

Gamerguy84

I was at Walmart an hour ago picking up some 2.1 HDMI cords and two people ask the cashier if they had any, they sounded a little frantic.

I kind of wanted to explain the situation but didn't. I wonder how many times a day they get asked lol. I would go to LIDZ and get a hat embroidered with "NO PS5 in stock"

Hmm....was just at Wally World........didn't even bother to check if they had any PS5's. (though I did finally see one as a display unit the last time I was there) Figured it would be a waste of time to even look at this point. Just grabbed what I specifically went there to get and got the hell out of there. The place was stupid busy.

Besides, I consider PS5 not worth my time until they unlock the SSD expansion slot, allow PS5 cold-storage on an external HDD (optimally, allow 2 ext. HDD's, one for PS4 games, and the other for PS5 game cold storage) and maybe even folders for the installed games.

>when no PS5s at Wally World

UsKMHte.jpg

Unknown?

I got one from Costco a few days ago too. I was ready to just click add to cart the moment they went live 😂
I got the notification and immediately went to it. Unlike every other site it actually worked! No infinite looping, no crashing, no glitches... It just worked! Which was amazing!

Top Bottom