• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5, Xbox Series X, And PC Part Shortages Won't End Soon, Says AMD (until 2nd half of 2021)

SCB3

I dunno, where I am in the UK, there's a definite shortage, but I see them coming back in stock regularly, I got lucky on a PS5 digital at launch and been keeping an eye out on adding a Series X to my mobile contract, and that stock has been on and off since February

But yea, I'd imagine by early next year, more and more stock will be availible, it feels like once Covid is over or close to, production will ramp up considerably

cormack12

Gold Member
I have to admit a weakness GAF, I'm seeing $300 over retail on eBay right now and getting really fucking tempted if we're going to be going through this shit for another year and a half.

Up to you, your cash but there's no rush. If I didn't have one, I'd see how Returnal reviews and if any dates are dropped in June from E3/SGF. You're not really missing anything. I dunno what you have now but maybe just get an SSD drive to tide you over. Thie big hitters don't look like they will be coming until at least October - the danger obviously being them if there is a bigger surge in demand. End of the day you'll still have the option in a few months to buy $300 over retail. Also think how much warranty has been burned on these surpluses from scalpers as well.

Only licensed store here in Sarajevo decided to bundle consoles with one game (of your choosing) and extra controller so you can’t just buy the console which translates to a price similar to what you’d pay to scalper (roughly 800$). 😑

VFXVeteran

Banned
I have to admit a weakness GAF, I'm seeing $300 over retail on eBay right now and getting really fucking tempted if we're going to be going through this shit for another year and a half.
Might as well buy man. I bought both PS5 and RTX 3090 on ebay. I had a feeling it was going to be a long time last year from the pandemic. New games will have longer development times too. I seriously doubt there will be any mid-gen refresh as I consider last gen an anomaly.

Last edited:
If you're in the US Stockx currently has them at $710. If you have continued to save cash post launch, I would just say F it and get it there.
I broke down and did this, $719 total.

Oh well, knowing my luck everybody will have access to whatever they want the moment I get my hands on one, so enjoy.

Alright

Banned
I wonder how this shortage will effect upgrades (ps5 pro/ XSXX/ IPhone (13?))

If the backlog isn't cleared until the middle of next year, will some companies skip their current models stuck in backlog and focus on the next model, or push their timelines out?

Top Bottom