• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 won't stop auto installing PS4 copy of the game

I am facing this issue and it's been annoying. I am already low on storage space since around 200-250gigs have been taken over by Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. I bought the Disc edition of Miles Morales on PS4 since PS5 version of the game. Thanks to the Free upgrade, I downloaded the PS5 digital copy. But the PS4 disc copy isn't installed on the system. But every time the console auto copies the game from disc to the system and downloads the patches too for the PS4 game. For the patch, I can disable auto updates. But how do I disable the console from automatically copying the PS4 disc content to the PS5? It's annoying when I am constantly greeted with your console has low storage because the darn PS4 copy got auto copied and installed from the disc when it was in rest mode.

PS5 is a complete mess software wise. I don't expect them to fix this well into next year. We can't even hear the fucking voice chat on our tv, we have to hear it on the fucking DualSense speaker and there's no way to change it.

Last edited:

jm89

Yeah i've been having this same issue with valhalla. I've given up now and just let it install the ps4 version.

Defintley an OS issue, can't believe sony have not fixed it considering the limited storage and no expansion option for ps5 games.

Mr.ODST

Literally HATE the PS5 UI experience been dreadful so far, the fact they require a whole new version of the game for the PS5 experience rather than just downloading and it seeing that you have a PS5 ...

Last edited:
It's a hack, but can you attach an external HDD and move the redundant PS4 version to that? That should at least free up space on the SSD for games that actually need to use it.

Oh snap why didn't I think of that?, I am going to do just that, just copy the PS4 version of the game to the external HDD and just have the PS5 version on the internal storage

PuffyCan

OyUDmPd.gif

jorkila

Oh snap why didn't I think of that?, I am going to do just that, just copy the PS4 version of the game to the external HDD and just have the PS5 version on the internal storage
I'm using an external HDD for PS4 game's.
I'm sure there is a way to stop the PS4 versions installing though, I think it involves deleting the game completely (PS4&PS5) then insert the disk and choose the free upgrade, not entirely certain this works though, the only game I had the kept doing this was Valhalla.

RCU005

Hey, you all wanted backwards compatibility, so deal with it! :p

Actually, I don’t get why can’t PS5 versions are handled like this. It’s like inserting a Blu-ray but the dvd version plays instead. Why couldn’t they make it so that the system recognize them as two completely different products/formats?

Top Bottom