• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 will outsell Xbox Series consoles 2-to-1 this year, Ampere Analysis forecasts

Mozza

COD will NOT be exclusive to Xbox, and Game pass fans should be happy about this. Microsoft can subsidize the investment of much more interesting IPs that also came with the acquisition, or elsewhere in their growing catalog, with earnings from a multi platform COD. This is literally the same strategy Sony has used to develop their world class IP catalog.

Thank God Microsoft isn't as short-sighted as some of the takes going on around here.
I would say that outside of any existing contractual agreement that COD will be a Microsoft exclusive going forward, or why else pay all that money for the studio.

K' Dash

Well I guess that after the news from the last couple days anything positive, even a "tales from my ass" kind of article, is good enough.

Anyone here could've made the same assumption.

Orta

Banned
Switch selling 21 million on year 6 would be something gaming has never seen before.

Calling BULLSHIT.

I doubt so myself but if any of the three are capable of pulling a magic ticket out of their arses its Nintendo. They could unveil a new IP out of the blue tomorrow morning that every second kid in the world goes apeshit over.

assurdum

Banned
Well I guess that after the news from the last couple days anything positive, even a "tales from my ass" kind of article, is good enough.

Anyone here could've made the same assumption.
Man it's a whole week about ps5 is doomed without COD, you can survive to another tales from my ass for an hour.

Last edited:

skybaby

From the same folks who brought you this :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

ProjectedConsoleChart_v1_460x323.gif
8RSmKDb.gif

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Are you kidding :messenger_tears_of_joy: go back to read the dozen of thread about Activision acquisition.
I have, no one said PS5 is doomed apart 1 or 2 fanboy meltdowns, but its an inaccurate representation of the vast majority of discourse on the topic to claim loads of people thought PS5 was doomed.

No doubt the biggest aquisition in videogame history will have a significant effect on PlayStation

assurdum

Banned
Well, you said XSX will see such numbers after the Acti-blizz aquisition, and I don't think thats true, hence my post.
Sorry but you call it
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

I have, no one said PS5 is doomed apart 1 or 2 fanboy meltdowns, but its an inaccurate representation of the vast majority of discourse on the topic to claim loads of people thought PS5 was doomed.

No doubt the biggest aquisition in videogame history will have a significant effect on PlayStation
Sure the majority of the discourse where accurate facts because based to....... "statics" for......"predictions".

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

Please send a link to where I can buy a PS5 today. Bundle or otherwise.

A story that "Walmart will be getting a shipment of PS5s next week" does not PS5s are or will be available.
Can't send a direct link, because the drops still sell out, but they don't sell out in seconds like they used to. I just bought one off a Walmart+ and they were available 25 mins after the drop started.

I would recommend a stock tracking app (like hotstock if your on android). I actually just uninstalled because I was getting so many notifications.

There hasn't been any indications to date that ms would allow gamepass on PS5. I'll never say never, but the cut Sony or Nintendo would want is likely a prohibitive factor. Ms is way more likely more content to control their own sandbox and collect 100%.
Microsoft would kill to have GamePass on PlayStation (and Switch). Are you joking?

Phil Spencer has basically said this himself without explicitly saying it. He wants GamePass on every device possible. It should be obvious anyway without him saying it publicly anyway.

It's not happening. But that's not because of a lack of effort/desire on behalf of Xbox.

Last edited:
I have both.

The PS5 just feels more special. It starts at the exterior shape of the console. The UI is more polished even if I feel like the XBOX has the overall better navigation and information architecture . The controller looks and feels and acts more futuristic. Even though I think the XSX controller (Elite Series 2 as well) is probably the greatest to ever come out. The Playstation 5 FEELS like a well thought out singular experience. SPECIAL.

With that being said I use my XBOX a lot more because the multiplayer experience is just better. And all my friends are on there (PC and XBOX). Single player games? PS5 all day. The games have heart that most XBOX games have missed since Halo 2's campaign.

It's obvious why the Playstation has the overall general appeal and will capture both the hardcore gamer and the casual. While XBOX is only going to attract the hardcore gamers. That's not going to change in 2022 regardless of GamePass. Sony's going to win this generation's console race by more than 2-1. Microsoft knows this. Activision is a long term GamePass post console play. Its not to move XBOX hardware.

One day the GamePass app will be installed by default on every TV in the world. Once it's purely about content and not about hardware Microsoft has a much better shot.

Last edited:
One day the GamePass app will be installed by default on every TV in the world. Once it's purely about content and not about
That's not a given. Especially when PlayStation is possibly launching a more true GP competitor and a large percentage of televisions are made by Sony.

That would also be streaming only which will NEVER be ideal for gaming as well as requiring external hardware (controller).

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Microsoft would kill to have GamePass on PlayStation (and Switch). Are you joking?

Phil Spencer has basically said this himself without explicitly saying it. He wants GamePass on every device possible. It should be obvious anyway without him saying it publicly anyway.

It's not happening. But that's not because of a lack of effort/desire on behalf of Xbox.

Said it without saying it eh, um, hmm, that's actually not saying it. Your conjecture doesn't equal fact. Of course MS public pr line will be they want it everywhere. But the fact is they want it everywhere they won't pay royalties.

Last edited:

Zok310

Banned
Will come down to stock. 2:1 might be a lil too high with the issue we having with semi conductors. It will surly outsell Xbox this year no matter what, that’s a lock in at this point. Way too many great 1st party games are about to drop this year for PS.

yurinka

I have the impression that the 2:1 proportion is right but not sure if they really are at 18 and 9. I'd bet they're a bit under that.

Once they get rid of the chips issues, specially the PS5 sales will skyrocket.

Last edited:

12Dannu123

This likely doesn't take into account the acquisition of Activision Blizzard. Right now a gamer from last gen that buys a console solely for COD will buy a Xbox over a Playstation and because COD has a significant audience on PS4 I expect a pretty significant shift.

Lognor

Banned
COD will NOT be exclusive to Xbox, and Game pass fans should be happy about this. Microsoft can subsidize the investment of much more interesting IPs that also came with the acquisition, or elsewhere in their growing catalog, with earnings from a multi platform COD. This is literally the same strategy Sony has used to develop their world class IP catalog.

Thank God Microsoft isn't as short-sighted as some of the takes going on around here.
COD WILL be exclusive to Xbox, PC and any device that plays Game Pass. This is the way it has been with every studio acquisition MS has made. They do not continue to release games on PS once they acquire a studio. You think you would have figured this out by now!

It doesn't affect Game Pass fans either way. We are happy whichever way it goes, but it's not going to to the way you think. COD is, and will remain multi platform. MS is not changing that. It will still be on Xbox, still be on PC, and will be on streaming devices. When you factor in the 30% cut they would have to give Sony for every copy sold on PS those sales mean far less. And then when you factor in all the people that will move from PS to Xbox due to this acquisition, it may more than make up for losing sales on one device.

And you say MS can subsidize the investment with earnings from a multi platform COD which is "literally the same strategy Sony has used..." What does this mean? What games from Sony are multi platform? None. I don't see how this is the same strategy.

And also, you seem to forget that MS does not need to use the same strategy as Sony (again, whatever you meant by that). Sony has limited funds in which to invest in new interesting IP. MS has an endless supply of cash. Not the same scenario at all...

Top Bottom