• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Will Make “The Overall Experience of Using a Console Significantly Better” – Remedy

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking in an interview with the Official PlayStation Magazine (issue 169, December 2019) various members of the studio spoke highly about the PS5’s SSD. Technical director Mika Vehkala said that it would lead to “much more detail in the game worlds than before” while communications director Thomas Puha talked about how for a game like Control it would mean “even deeper destruction system, richer, more detailed worlds, and simple quality-of-life improvements like instant reloading after dying.”

However, according to Puha, the benefits go beyond that. He said that it’s not just about better graphics, but improving the overall experience of using and playing on a console as a whole. According to Puha, the PS5 is going to make it very easy for developers to work with very powerful hardware.

“We tend to forget that it’s not just about getting better graphics in games with a new console, but it’s that the overall experience of using and playing on the console will get significantly better,” he said. “PlayStation 5 is about making a really smooth, quick-to-load experience, and a hardware base that’s easy to use for us developers, which is great because it allows us to harness the hardware power quicker.”

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
You have to love the developers these days .. I’m really excited about how Easy the PS5 can be in development .. that sure will help a lot and games won’t stop and I really hope the PS2 era of games come with PS5 ..

I want to see games from everywhere and quality one not just a game

thanks OP

Last edited:
The more I read about the PS5, the more it leads me to the fact that the console is geared towards speed and efficiency rather than outright brute force power.
Also it goes against the crowd that claim the SSD is only good for slightly faster loading times.
This is about the umpteenth time a dev has stated that the SSD is playing a much larger role than just quicker loading times.

You have to love the developers these days .. I’m really excited about how Easy the PS5 can be in development .. that sure will help a lot and games won’t stop and I really hope the PS2 era of games come with PS5 ..

I want to see games from everywhere and quality one not just a game

thanks OP
Since PS3 shipped, Mark and his team started their goal of developing developer friendly consoles. This is why he has done so many visits to developers during the planning phase of PS4 and which he would have continued in planning out the PS5.

NeoGiffer

giphy.gif

ZywyPL

Banned
I'm mostly interested in haptic feedback, this might be the most important change in terms of user experience PS5 will have to offer IMO.

Isn't this the guy who said just a few months back that the scale of everything would ramp up and we'd be right back to regular ass loading times?

Yep, sure is. More tales out of peoples asses who can't keep their stories straight...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
But... But. It's a Playstation Magazine interview!?!!

sircaw

Banned
As most of us suspected, the ps5 is going to push the envelop in so many different ways.

I really like Sony's vision of giving their player base a better overall gaming experience.

Mark Cerny has put a lot of thought into this console.

Last edited:
Top Bottom