• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Console Has The Best 2021 Exclusive Games?

PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Console Has The Best 2021 Exclusive Games?

• Xbox

Votes: 217 34.1%
  • PlayStation

Votes: 373 58.6%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 46 7.2%

• Total voters

Spidey Fan

Banned
It’s a fact, and if Sony single player games were as low on the pecking order of single player games as Halo and Gears are as multiplayer games, then I would say the same thing. What’s the point of these first party exclusives being just another option in the pile? What makes Forza Horizon so good is that it’s best in class. That’s what I want, whereas as far as Halo or Gears go? Would be a list before their names popped up.
Gears, i can agree with that. Halo, nope. There are alot of halo fans who own pc, switch or PlayStation. Halo is their childhood dream. Its why people are excited for infinity, because its a main halo game, and the multiplayer is bringing back their childhood memories.

Just like how legend of zelda is popular, despite being the same game every time, but with a twist. The reason why its popular, is because people grow up with. same thing for halo. people grow up with those games.

Call of duty wont make a dent on halo. Halo is the father of those games, just like how doom is the father of shooter games. and its time for the father to claim his position (sorry for my bad pun).

Thirty7ven

Banned
Gears, i can agree with that. Halo, nope. There are alot of halo fans who own pc, switch or PlayStation. Halo is their childhood dream. Its why people are excited for infinity, because its a main halo game, and the multiplayer is bringing back their childhood memories.

Just like how legend of zelda is popular, despite being the same game every time, but with a twist. The reason why its popular, is because people grow up with. same thing for halo. people grow up with those games.

Call of duty wont make a dent on halo. Halo is the father of those games, just like how doom is the father of shooter games. and its time for the father to claim his position (sorry for my bad pun).

Halo and Doom are nothing alike as Doom’s popularity relies solely on its SP while Halo’s popularity is all about its multiplayer which captured the zeitgeist back when and has been downhill ever since. At the end of the day it’s a multiplayer shooter, and that part of the market has too many big games. Which multiplayer shooter game captured E3? Battlefield.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Halo and Doom are nothing alike as Doom’s popularity relies solely on its SP while Halo’s popularity is all about its multiplayer which captured the zeitgeist back when and has been downhill ever since. At the end of the day it’s a multiplayer shooter, and that part of the market has too many big games. Which multiplayer shooter game captured E3? Battlefield.
You are actually underestimating the popularity of halo. halo might been in decline, but its still a popular shooter game. The difference is this time, its coming to pc and xbox. This is gonna explode twitch. Battlefield is great game, but its nowhere close to halo. We will see this holiday, when halo drops.

Doom is the father of shooter games. Its what defined those shooter games to existent. Many gamers agree with that.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Yes, exactly as fun as the various The Last of Us, God of War, Spider-Man, Ratchet & Clank etc. Perfect mix of great gameplay and great stories. High production values. The reasons why people love Sony 1st party games.
How is the last of us 2 in term of gameplay? I am at half point in Spiderman story mode, and might play another game after i finish it. Is the first one good to start, or do i need to play the 2nd part?

Hezekiah

Banned
You are delusional as all get out!!!!

2021 will be over here in less than 6 months, what about the next 5 years? Microsoft owns Bethesda, I repeat Microsoft owns Bethesda now!!! If you're solely a console player but don't own an Xbox you're not going to be able to play the next elder scrolls, fallout, Doom, you also won't be able to play starfield, on top of that Microsoft has opened up like what 12 new studios? Microsoft has so many AAA titles in development now it's not even funny!!! I should mention the next fable and also check out Avowed (it's a first person elder scrolls like game). Also want to mention they're making another perfect dark. And there are other studios making triple A titles that have yet to be announced but we're aware they're in development. How can you compete with that?

This right here is avowed, it's supposed to be like elder scrolls, Microsoft spent billions of dollars and more than doubled the number of studios under their belt, THEY FUCKING OWN BETHESDA!!!

Erm...I have a PC so I have none of those worries. But while we're on the topic of Bethesda:

Elder Scrolls will probably be out in 2026
The last two Fallout games have been a buggy mess on release. Fallout 76 was complete garbage.
I don't own Doom 2016 or Doom Eternal, neither games interests me - Wolfenstein is better imo, but they're apparently Machine Games are working on Indiana Jones.
Fable and Avowed - the former has a new developer known for racing games and looks a massive risk on paper. The latter is a new IP from Obsidian which has people hyped. Neither will be out before Christmas 2023.

Sony has better studios, proven IPs, and over 50 games in development. Plus they have next gen VR coming.

And studio list wars are pointless because Sony has been recruiting hence Santa Monica are working on a space RPG, Guerilla Games are working on an FPS, Naughty Dog apparently are working on a second game alongside Factions. Microsoft meanwhile has to manage all of those extra studios and justify the exorbitant (and continuing) costs of them.

Last edited:

Spidey Fan

Banned
Sony has better studios, proven IPs, and over 50 games in development. Plus they have next gen VR coming.
Types this, and continues to look down on upcoming xbox games. If this isnt the highest degree on fanboysm, I don't know what it is.

hypocrisy hypocrite GIF by chuber channel

Hezekiah

Banned
Types this, and continues to look down on upcoming xbox games. If this isnt the highest degree on fanboysm, I don't know what it is.

hypocrisy hypocrite GIF by chuber channel
Already said I'm looking to get Forza Horizon, guess you missed that. Sorry mate, but all you've done since you joined the forum is bitch about Sony games being too 'cinematic'.

Then you embarrassingly claimed you can't tell the difference between God of War, Spiderman, Uncharted and Horizon 🤡.

You're basically a (sensitive) meme at this point 😁.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Haven't you heard? Microsoft has no proven IPs and no games in development. Complete disaster.

:messenger_winking:
(((They are so disastrously, that they put down their games day1 on gamepass. Man, someone should tell microsoft they are very stupid to do this. How do they expect to make money. They are ruining gaming industry by doing this. Would someone think of poor gamers? They need to pay 60$-70$ to have the privileges' of the 1st party games. Microsoft is continuing to do halo, forza, and gears of war. wah wah wah wah. My box has better games than them. I pay for quality games. I only buy new games. Any game that is 2 years old is old game to me. this why gamepass is a failure. It has old games, and nothing excited. Wohohho. My box announced 50 upcoming cool project. My box will rule with their quality games.)))

Some random guy praising his mighty box, despite that company not giving a crap about him.

God please end my misery.
200.gif

Gamers who enjoys those consoles, i have no problem with you guys. You guys are great. Its the loudest mouth which i have issues with.
Here is my games on this system. I enjoy it, just like how I enjoy other systems.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Already said I'm looking to get Forza Horizon, guess you missed that. Sorry mate, but all you've done since you joined the forum is bitch about Sony games being too 'cinematic'.

Then you embarrassingly claimed you can't tell the difference between God of War, Spiderman, Uncharted and Horizon 🤡.

yes, I bitched about them. Its not like I bought those games anyways buddy.

Sony has yet to show their summer games event. I would say this year will easily be a win for them by the end. When was the last time MS had a better lineup than Sony over a calendar year? More than a decade at least.

meech

Xbox keeps returning to the same franchises - Halo, Forza (which I might try for the first time, but must be getting stale for Xbox owners) and the very niche Flight Sim which most console gamers don't care about and has been on PC for months.

Sony seems to be providing more depth and variety, and upgrades like FF7 Remake Intergrade are a very welcome addition.
Talking about returning to the same franchises. Then mentions a final fantasy remake as an example...

mejin

Pointless thread. When was the last time Xbox had a better year than Playstation?

They will only have a real chance on 2023 and beyond if their new games are really good.

Hezekiah

Banned
Talking about returning to the same franchises. Then mentions a final fantasy remake as an example...
You really need me to spell it out for you. Returnal, Sackboy, Destruction All-Stars, Deathloop, The Pathless, Solar Ash, Kena.

And Final Fantasy 7 Intergrade is also welcome addition too. Hardly rocket science.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Prime example of what happens, when someone doesnt use his brain. FF series and resident evil series, are the most milked franchise to death. FF7 is becoming the next GTAV. ps4 to ps5. ff7 part 3 would release for ps5 ending to ps6 in the future. Completing the perfect milkable franchise, which will surprise gtav and Skyrim, in term of being milked to death. Man square is getting coached by Rockstar and Bethesda, just like how activition, Ubisoft and EA crowned cdpr to the dark path of screwing their customers.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Pointless thread. When was the last time Xbox had a better year than Playstation?

They will only have a real chance on 2023 and beyond if their new games are really good.
They have it this holiday. Gamepass would be insane value to people during this time. Aside of the first party, there would also be a bi-weekly games. Would persona be on gamepass or would another title that werent on xbox, be on xbox, like how the entire yakuza are on game pass.

I pray to whoever is holding halo servers.
GIF by The Savannah .GIF Festival

Three

• Adios
  • Dead Static Drive
  • Echo Generation
  • Exo One
  • ExoMecha
  • Lake
  • Sable
  • The Anacrusis
  • The Artful Escape
  • The Gunk
  • Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy
tenor.gif
this

anyway it's about quality not quantity, Returanl + Ratchet + Horizon > xbox list combined
Exactly what I was thinking. Why have you got to pad it out with this stuff and then not include a gem like Guilty Gear Strive which already released for PS5.

arvfab

Banned
How is the last of us 2 in term of gameplay? I am at half point in Spiderman story mode, and might play another game after i finish it. Is the first one good to start, or do i need to play the 2nd part?

You should play both. The Last of Us 2 is a masterpiece. Game of the last generation. But game is very brutal, going by your previous posts, I'm not sure if you are old enough to play it.

DavidGzz

I think for my tastes it will end up being Xbox but hard to tell. Good thread for the beginning of next year after the dust has settled and the honeymoon periods are over.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
It's pretty even overall, assuming horizon west actually comes out in 2021.

But when you factor in the value of gamepass, the amount of quality gaming ms is offering in it this year is a very large value proposition that simply doesn't exist on playstation. 20 games for basically the price of one ps5 game? Plus third party games too? Crazy.

svbarnard

Banned

I say 2024 for the next elder scrolls I believe the next elder scrolls will come out in 2024

tmlDan

Guilty Gear Strive, Returnal, R&C, Horizon, Kena, Deathloop, > Forza and Halo....unless you're basic and only like Shooting and driving - I prefer a diverse set of exclusives more than the same stuff over and over.

Not saying they're bad cause ill play both on GP, its just not comparable - Also, Flight Sim came out last year, it doesn't count even if its just now coming to Series X.

DavidGzz

It's pretty even overall, assuming horizon west actually comes out in 2021.

But when you factor in the value of gamepass, the amount of quality gaming ms is offering in it this year is a very large value proposition that simply doesn't exist on playstation. 20 games for basically the price of one ps5 game? Plus third party games too? Crazy.

Yep, haters will say who cares, Game Pass is for poor people or some shit but that's the MAJOR difference. Let's say 10 games interest you from either console. One will cost you $770. On Xbox those 10 games will most likely be on Game Pass which cost me $1 upgrade to my Xbox Live Gold and that is for 3 years....It's an insane difference in value and we will be getting at least 1 game per month for those 3 years.

Console and PC gamers are quick to mention the value of certain things like cheap Steam games or how cheap consoles are compared to a high end PC but when you mention Game Pass value to them they just use a laughing emoji as if it doesn't matter.

Yep, haters will say who cares, Game Pass is for poor people or some shit but that's the MAJOR difference. Let's say 10 games interest you from either console. One will cost you $770. On Xbox those 10 games will most likely be on Game Pass which cost me $1 upgrade to my Xbox Live Gold and that is for 3 years....It's an insane difference in value and we will be getting at least 1 game per month for those 3 years.

Console and PC gamers are quick to mention the value of certain things like cheap Steam games or how cheap consoles are compared to a high end PC but when you mention Game Pass value to them they just use a laughing emoji as if it doesn't matter.

One of the best quotes about GamePass I read recently was from someone who loved it because it saved them money on Xbox games so they could buy more Sony games

lot of truth to that statement. The simple fact of the matter is that the games many people truly want to play are not on GamePass and never will be.

Xbox keeps returning to the same franchises - Halo, Forza (which I might try for the first time, but must be getting stale for Xbox owners) and the very niche Flight Sim which most console gamers don't care about and has been on PC for months.

Sony seems to be providing more depth and variety, and upgrades like FF7 Remake Intergrade are a very welcome addition.
Halo came after 6 years. So Xbox peeps looking forward to it.

Forza 5 looks goat.

So stop with this stale bs.

Sony got very weak fall lineup. It includes nextgen enhancements of last gen game and some Xbox studios games lol.

Horizon only good one.

DavidGzz

One of the best quotes about GamePass I read recently was from someone who loved it because it saved them money on Xbox games so they could buy more Sony games

lot of truth to that statement. The simple fact of the matter is that the games many people truly want to play are not on GamePass and never will be.

That's because fanboys will shun anything not on their favorite console not because they wouldn't love the games if they had access to them. If Game Pass was on Playstation it would be funny to see people on the blue side all of a sudden be interested in The Ascent, Forza, Avowed, Starfield, Infinite, etc.

As an owner of both consoles, yes, I am thankful that Game Pass saves me money but I am also more into their ecosystem because of it. All 3rd party games will be purchased on it since I don't have to pay more for online play and I trust MS's ecosystem more going forward. And yeah, because of Game Pass I had money in the budget for Returnal for example. Both sides benefit, one just does more than the other,

Last edited:

pasterpl

So what’s been the best Xbox exclusive so far this year, for those of you that chose Xbox?
For me, enhanced gears 5 with multiple brand new dlc (hive busters feels like a separate/new game), enhanced forza horizon 4 (there is too much content in this game)…microsoft games are rarely single play through, there is always a long support with these in form of new content and strong online.

That's because fanboys will shun anything not on their favorite console not because they wouldn't love the games if they had access to them. If Game Pass was on Playstation it would be funny to see people on the blue side all of a sudden be interested in The Ascent, Forza, Avowed, Starfield, Infinite, etc.

As an owner of both consoles, yes, I am thankful that Game Pass saves me money but I am also more into their ecosystem because of it. All 3rd party games will be purchased on it since I don't have to play more for online play and I trust MS's ecosystem more going forward. And yeah, because of Game Pass I had money in the budget for Returnal for example. Both sides benefit, one just does more than the other,
You have to spend over 1000$ to play those games if u decided to buy them but with game pass, all free. So quality games plus game pass makes it best automatically

Last edited:

Halo is Dad.

Three

You have to spend over 1000$ to play those games if u decided to buy them but with game pass, all free. So quality games plus game pass makes it best automatically
Frankly I don't see the same value. If somebody told me that list was the list of "free" games for PS+ or GWG for the rest of the year I would probably believe them outside of Forza H and Halo single player if it's any good that is. Forza alone makes it worth it at the end of the year but not now.

I mean if I were being completely honest without fear of the xbox fans going mental I would say the list has some real low budget games in there which I would have expected on GWG in the past like Among Us. Where is the value in that it's a free game. I've got more value out of base PS+ this year than that list up until FH in all honesty.

Well there are plenty games that I want to play on Gamepass, you are speaking only for yourself. If you think PS only games are the only games worth playing then you're deluded.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Frankly I don't see the same value. If somebody told me that list was the list of "free" games for PS+ or GWG for the rest of the year I would probably believe them outside of Forza H and Halo single player if it's any good that is. Forza alone makes it worth it at the end of the year but not now.

I mean if I were being completely honest without fear of the xbox fans going mental I would say the list has some real low budget games in there which I would have expected on GWG in the past like Among Us. Where is the value in that it's a free game. I've got more value out of base PS+ this year than that list up until FH in all honesty.
If this was on Sony hardware, you wouldn't have said that crap.

Are you saying yakuza like a dragon is a low budget?

Man, you must be smoking some shit.

Top Bottom