• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5: VRR Update Is Reportedly Coming In December

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Sigma]

a4ca7fc45b534d515f8975c1c521beb8.gif

Meh, where's my 1440p support instead

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Sony have really bungled VRR this gen, and there's really no excuse for it.

They just need to put out a refreshed console and have that come with fully implemented hdmi 2.1 with all the bells and whistles, not fake hdmi 2.1.

thatJohann

Every time I see this thread bumped I get excited for nothing. Can’t believe it’s been over a year and still no VRR. Must be some major hardware issues preventing this from being implemented.

Kuranghi

Can we get another couple of posts after this one? Maybe if we hit #666 then we can summon the devil, make a bargain and speed up this VRR-getting process.

At the very least even if he doesn't want to make a deal we can have him destroy the world so we don't need to worry about frames being displayed variably anymore.

Genx3

So, one thing I still don't understand, did Sony confirm VRR for December or was it "The internet"?
Nah Sony put VRR on the PS5 box so technically when you open the box these hardware features that you advertise on the box should be supported out of the box. Even without it launching out of the box if Sony could get VRR within the first year I'd say it's not a big deal, but anything longer is more like false advertising.

Just inexcusable to advertise a feature your competitor has and you don't as your own.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Nah Sony put VRR on the PS5 box so technically when you open the box these hardware features that you advertise on the box should be supported out of the box. Even without it launching out of the box if Sony could get VRR within the first year I'd say it's not a big deal, but anything longer is more like false advertising.

Just inexcusable to advertise a feature your competitor has and you don't as your own.
At this point it comes down to laziness, incompetence or worst case scenario a hardware limitation

Inexcusable regardless

I really hope it’s not a hardware limitation and it will be added soon, as if it’s a hardware limitation it will suck major ball sack.

I would assume Sony did some testing to be able to advertise the PS5 as capable of having VRR support. It would be extremely strange if it never gets it. But then again I remember someone said the NVMEs might not work on the PS5 but then it got an update that added it.

Still Sony has to add this feature since they marketed the PS5 as being capable of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom