• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Update 7.00 (Discord integration update) available now, 1.14GB

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So is there anything above of what Xbox is doing, like for example you can send invites through discord? Because that is such an obvious thing.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
So is this full discord integration? Like it works on PC. If so I got some friends I need to call.

[Sigma]

Decent update. Still wish I had activity feed back along with PS community. Discord integration is just meh. I dunno why I thought it was going to be something greater than it is when it was first announced lol.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Not afaik. You can link your account and transfer voice calls to the PS5 is about the sum of it.
Oh ok...so it's like what Xbox has then. Well, it's a start. Buncha my buddies are on PS5 and we can only talk if they hop on their Xbox and transfer the call or use Xbox Voice chat because it's also on PC. Would be cool to have folks in discord who can stream PS5 games to the group and the like.

NeroDaGod

Gold Member
I can’t get it to work. When I join voice chat it doesn’t give me the option to join through PlayStation. Anyone know how to fix this?

Rayderism

For Hogwarts Legacy it says 100%. I did play up to level 34 and got the house cup sequence and let the credits roll, but I didn't do all the side stuff and I surely didn't plat the game. So, 100% of what?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How do you even check trophies?

Other than sluggishness, the ps4 ui was amazing. Ps5 is all flash, no cash.

To check all your trophies you go to your profile icon -> trophies. Pretty easy. Checking trophies for the specific game you're currently playing was a bit cumbersome before, but they recently (before this update) added a card specifically for that in the quick menu.

Mr Moose

So is there anything above of what Xbox is doing, like for example you can send invites through discord? Because that is such an obvious thing.

How to Use Discord Voice on PS5

Now that your Discord and PlayStation accounts are all cozy and connected, it’s time to talk with your Discord friends on your PS5.

On mobile, slide up the Voice controls and you’ll see a new button that says “Join on PlayStation.” On desktop, the button looks sort of like a phone and a game controller next to each other.

Next, you’ll be asked to choose which console that you want to transfer your Voice conversation to. Gamer Magic happens in the background and BOOM, your PS5 is where your conversation takes place at.

On console, you’ll be able to use all the familiar controls from Discord: mute or lower the volume of others while you get a snack, see the name of the voice channel you’re vibin’ in and hang up the call once you’re done — and it’s even faster to get talking with your DualSense™ controller’s built-in microphone.

I don't know what any of this means, I might get Discord and try it.

FUBARx89

The real news is hours played being displayed now.

Shame it's absolutely busted as usual.

Apparently I've played 7 hours of witcher 3 since I started the beta. More like 30 hours.

1440p VRR 60hz is busted on my display. Top of the screen is out of sync. But issue doesn't happen on 120hz. Works fine on 4k 60 or 120hz.

Also 1440p vrr 60hz works fine on my series x.

Last edited:

jm89

Shame it's absolutely busted as usual.

Apparently I've played 7 hours of witcher 3 since I started the beta. More like 30 hours.
I don't get why this thing is so broken. Wouldn't it be as simple the console os tracking the time the game is open. Maybe there is some power of the cloud magic happening that keeps busting it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wireless controller update is nice. Not that it really bothered me to have to plug it in, but this is better.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Discord integration? Zoomers eating good right now

rz9fpBi.gif

Elios83

Don't care about Discord or 1440p but the OTA updates for controllers is cool. It's also nice that you can see how many hours you have played each game, which friends have the game and how far you're into completing the main campaign.
You can also sort titles in folders which is good if you have folders with a lot of games inside.

Last edited:
Sony updates go from easiest to hardest to implement. Not “what players want” so complaining is useless.

Not sure why companies don't try to be more transparent and work on features that are highest voted on. Pretty easy customer service aspect to implement, even if you skip some top things that aren't feasible.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The real news is hours played being displayed now.
This feature was already in the profile menu, but for me it keeps displaying numbers that are too low and it's happening to multiple games. Like recently for Ishin it's showing 40 hours, but the in-game clock shows almost 65. And it's not the case of the stats not being updated yet, because the games I've played in December or January (like Midnight Suns or Dead Space Remake) also have wrong numbers.

Last edited:
How is nobody complaint how terrible the discord integration is? You still have to use your phone to enter the channel, then transfer the audio to your PlayStation. What a waste. I thought the discord app would be built into the PlayStation.

Leonidas

The 1440p VRR support is abysmal, hopefully more 1440p high refresh monitors get support in the future...

Last edited:

reksveks

How is nobody complaint how terrible the discord integration is? You still have to use your phone to enter the channel, then transfer the audio to your PlayStation. What a waste. I thought the discord app would be built into the PlayStation.
It's the same as the initial xbox integration, do expect the current xbox integration to come to PS at some point.

So I tested it out and though it's pretty simple to use, it's hard to figure out the first time.

Plus I'm really not a fan that you have to use your phone to launch it on the console. I though it was going to be a native app.

hinch7

The 1440p VRR support is abysmal, hopefully more 1440p high refresh monitors get support in the future...
Yep still no support for 1440P VRR without HDMI 2.1, which is super annoying. Not sure why they can't enable that other then them being a stickler towards TV standards and certifications.

Still with the new update, PS5 now detects my monitor at 1440P with FreeSync enabled.. when before it only saw as 1080P. Which is much nicer than having to constantly change settings when switching between PC and consoles.

Bojji

Yep still no support for 1440P VRR without HDMI 2.1, which is super annoying. Not sure why they can't enable that other then them being a stickler towards TV standards and certifications.

Still with the new update, PS5 now detects my monitor at 1440P with FreeSync enabled.. when before it only saw as 1080P. Which is much nicer than having to constantly change settings when switching between PC and consoles.

I don't get why they don't enable freesync, they have good contacts with AMD and it would probably cost them nothing.

Plus it should allow to bypass 48Hz limitation. What else is missing on PS5 is ability to force 120hz output on system level and low frame rate compensation (this would come with freesync).

Last edited:

hinch7

I don't get why they don't enable freesync, they have good contacts with AMD and it would probably cost them nothing.

Plus it should allow to bypass 48Hz limitation. What else is missing on PS5 is ability to force 120hz output on system level and low frame rate compensation (this would come with freesync).
True. Though this is the same company that, despite trying to branch out towards different markets (PC, recently) took two years to support 1440P. And we only got, due to constant requests as wanted features go.

Still a massive oversight to ignore Freesync though since most 1440P 144hz+ monitors are HDMI 2.0. Can't imagine it being hard to implement. MS and Xbox has supported that since Xbox One :l

TLZ

Banned
Interestingly, the hours played in your profile and the ones shown at the game's icon after the update don't line up. Played 3 hours of Lost Judgment today for a total of 35, the front page icon still shows 32 while from the profile it shows correctly as 35. Also played 1 hour of the Quarry for a total of 9, front still shows 8 while the profile correctly updated to 9. Perhaps it doesn't update in real time but at a specific time? That would be weird as the information is already tracked elsewhere, why make it more complicated than it needs to be?
Yeah I'm not sure why it's not using what the profile is already using. Weird.

Rayderism

Apparently there has been yet another firmware update released today. I assume it fixes some bug or vulnerability introduced in the last one.

Psychostar

This update is a step in the right direction but ultimately disappointing.

I tried it out yesterday but as mentioned above , it’s really just voice that has been added.

My friend wanted me to show him demon souls and i hoped I could screen share, but learned that the only way to do this right now is still to use ps remote play on your pc and share your screen on discord.

I was really hoping this update would have included screen share from ps5 to the discord channel too, and not just voice communication.

Top Bottom