• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Unboxings and Previews!

Are you excited for PS5's unboxing?

• Total voters
6fBmrwt.png

16' including the stand

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Always in for a new controller feature but really seldom use them. The paddles on the elite was the last one, didn't miss HD rumble on switch lite, track pad/speaker was a huge waste on ps4. Think only one I used all the time was the headphone jack built in this gen.

Sure it will be like rumble, after a week I'll only notice when its off because my controller is about to run out of a charge.

Even jaded GB crew are very impressed with the haptics and controler.

Wait, what?

These guys done effed up because I'm pretty damn sure Sony implemented a strict timeline on when they can show games.

This week was unboxings only, no?

And gaming and previews of the controller and its features were set for next week.

MastaKiiLA

I have to admit, I wasn't interested at all, and then someone posted the Astro's Playroom videos in the next-gen thread. Now I'm interested. I want to see stuff being played, not just plastic. Good on Sony for including this game free in the console, because otherwise it would have been a long wait for something meaningful, for me. That said, I hope we get UI stuff this week. Astro's is a day's worth of content at most, for me.

sn0man

Good tidbit here about the mute button on the controller. Short press mutes the mic. But long press mutes all sound from the Ps5.

Great details! Thanks for sharing. Any other tidbits? Has anyone seen people just navigating around the UI or has that been embargoed?

MiguelItUp

I'm a fan of packaging, can't really explain why. That being said, nothing really has bad packaging IMO, especially if it holds everything in place and protects it as it's meant to.

That being said, I DO think the Xbox Series X packaging looked a lot cooler. A bunch of unnecessary stuff holding the console in place, but it looked cool! Certainly not a make or break thing for me by any means, I mean, it's just packaging. But I was kind of surprised that Sony didn't try to do anything nifty with their packaging considering how the system looks.

But nope, it was just a straight forward packing job, which is totally fine too! I just don't know what I was expecting and I left with, "Yup, that's its packaging."

Last edited:
Top Bottom