• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Unboxings and Previews!

Are you excited for PS5's unboxing?

• Total voters

ManaByte

dims

ethomaz

Banned
It is really a beautiful console and smaller than the renders.

The only issue is the BD drive :( crazy because I still choose the disc version but that BD drive is really a thing out o LC place on the design... I really wanted to see the DE.

And it doesn’t need the stand.

Last edited:

NullZ3r0

Banned
Unboxes like a cheap toy. Sony can learn a lot from Apple, Google and Microsoft about how to create a premium unboxing experience.

That Engadget video really played up the chore task of that stand. Sheesh. "It's not a total bust (for the PS5)". If mounting a stand ruins the PS5 for you, I feel bad for you. It's not like they were raising a barn or anything.
This annoyed me so much. What a dumbass thing for her to say and complain about. My god having to attach a stand completely ruins the PS5. Thankfully the Dualsense makes it so the PS5 isn't a total bust. These are the kind of people Sony sends a PS5 to early instead of an outlet like mine who doesn't complain about stupid shit.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
This annoyed me so much. What a dumbass thing for her to say and complain about. My god having to attach a stand completely ruins the PS5. Thankfully the Dualsense makes it so the PS5 isn't a total bust. These are the kind of people Sony sends a PS5 to early instead of an outlet like mine who doesn't complain about stupid shit.

Yep. So far, I've seen many good videos, but then.. I've seen one where a person couldn't have been less professional and didn't even bother to learn how to mount his stand before making his video or even editing it to resolve the issue, and this one where there was a lot of good information in an incredibly professionally made video severely detracted by the overstated stand commentary. OK, the stand thing is going to annoy some people, but most will unbox, mount, move on.

drganon

The only unboxing video person I like is this dude who wears white gloves, opens things with a knife meant to cut people, and doesn't speak. Its like watching a serial killer going about their daily life of opening stuff. Cant remember the dude's name though unfortunately.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Been getting adds on Twitter with a mobile game that u have to open gates in an order to save the gold, but the demo always fucks it up. I think they want u to get pissed and download it and do it right yourself.

That’s what these unboxing are doing to me with these fucking idiots with the stands...

retsof624

The only unboxing video person I like is this dude who wears white gloves, opens things with a knife meant to cut people, and doesn't speak. Its like watching a serial killer going about their daily life of opening stuff. Cant remember the dude's name though unfortunately.
TheRelaxingEnd

Reactions: TLZ
Looks ok from the side but cheap from the front with the piano black. It doesn't look very stable when horizontal unless no-one was putting the base on properly.

The controller looks and sounds like it might be a game changer. I have always preferred the Xbox controllers but it now looks so dated in comparison and sounds like it has none of the fancy new tech.

Top Bottom