• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Unboxings and Previews!

Are you excited for PS5's unboxing?

• Total voters

jaysius

Banned
So the Sony trickle starts with unboxing, how long until we even see their backwards compatible videos? I guess the next gen games are still weeks away?

MastaKiiLA

A plastic box coming out of a cardboard box. If you're waking up at 5am for this, and it's not part of your daily routine, then you need to reassess your life. It's a comfortable 7pm for me, but I still have zero interest in this.

Hugare

People are going to wake at 5 AM to see a console that has already been shown and a controller that has already been shown being removed from a cardboard box?

Sometimes I feel like I'm too old for this hobby, man

TimFL

I have no idea why unboxing videos get the hype they do nowadays. If they posted a hands on, uncensored video of a PS5 UI walkthrough I‘d understand... but going over the content of a box... ?

scalman

I saw how it looks and even whats inside it. Thats enough. Dont cafe but some ppl live there, i will play gamea instead wasting my time on this nonsense

hemo memo

Gold Member
Interrupting my day just to watch a person opening a box for a product I have already bought and will receive just 3 weeks after and I’ll do that myself? Yeah fuck no. I have a more interesting life that this thankfully. I might see it whenever I want to see it. Not setting an alarm. fuck that.

TriSuit666

Banned
t1603800000z1.png

y4a9ea8l0jv51.jpg

We see you virtue signalling in that fucking t-shirt.

Relativ9

I will never understand unboxing videos, they're like Mukbang or Grocery halls; completely pointless and serve no purpose. It's a box, with another box inside of it. You already know what that box looks like, how it functions and what it comes with. They aren't even allowed to power up the system and play on it in the video, so what critical commentary are they going to provide? If the cardbord feels sturdy or not? If they used enough polystyren?

Mozza

Why on earth would people want to watch somebody taking a PS5, or any other gaming console for that matter, out of a box?, even more so when you consider the console is not far from release and it's always better to have the first reveal of the thing in person, all the fun is taken away with stuff like this.

Orta

Banned
As opposed to posting on a forum about how stupid unboxing videos are? You must be so cool amongst your friends.

Run along and get your sleep child. Let us know how he removed the instruction manual from the box, did he use his left or right hand. And in what manner did he place the power cable on the desk the box is placed on.

I really can't wait.

Zoro7

Banned
Run along and get your sleep child. Let us know how he removed the instruction manual from the box, did he use his left or right hand. And in what manner did he place the power cable on the desk the box is placed on.

I really can't wait.
Man you should try standup comedy. So funny.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'd rather unbox it myself when it arrives.
Unless he's gonna plug it in and start playing Demon's Souls then I'll just wait thanks.

Mozza

Finally.
Hope we get some real measures including the stand. So i finally know how much space I need

I doubt that very much, it's a look at me video for money, oh and while I am at it I will push the strong "Black lives matters" message, for a little extra edge.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
As much as people like to call people MS shills here I never see anyone call out Geoff as a Sony shill even though he does actual shilling for PlayStation.

just an observation...

As much as people like to call people MS shills here I never see anyone call out Geoff as a Sony shill even though he does actual shilling for PlayStation.

just an observation...
Definitely one of the bigger Playstation fanboys out there.
But I have no issue with that.

Zathalus

I've already seen leaked videos for both consoles, so not really bothered. I'm more eager for PS5 details like how BC works and more Demon Souls footage (as well as what cut content they are adding).

manzo

Jeesus fucking christ. Who on earth cares about the fucking box? You buy the console, take off the box, throw the plastic and carton into recycling.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Unboxings videos are pointless.

This is nothing, show us the games reviews and the speed of the OS / functionalities.

i guess this will generate loads of views which is what matters to those websites though.

N30RYU

It's "JUST" an unboxing... I would be hyped for a hands on... not for this. (and look at my avatar...)

Is A LOT more important the teardown than this... this is just getting the console out of a box you won't see anymore once you take it out.

I used to keep the box... out of value more than to return the thing if it fails... but I got rid of that gamer tourette syndrome and I don't keep trash anymore

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

2020 continues its wrath.

2 companies realising powerful next gen consoles and here we are 10+ days out... Waiting for them to post videos of them taking it out of cardboard boxes.

I really can't wait.
Mate if you have no interest in this topic or participating in the conversation, you can leave the thread.
No one forced you to comment here. Don't be a dick to those who have an interest in unboxing videos.

Tickrate

Always been a mystery to me why people care so much about unboxing something they will unbox themselves...
We already know what's in the box anyway.

Hype marketing gonna hype I guess.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Always been a mystery to me why people care so much about unboxing something they will unbox themselves...
We already know what's in the box anyway.

Hype marketing gonna hype I guess.

I think, in general, I doubt many actually are sitting on the edge of their seat about the box and the contents of the box itself. I mean, we've seen the contents listings, top/bottom/sides of the box and all of the information they provide. I personally believe that watching an unboxing of a product people are interested in or will be buying satiates some need to get even more looks at the products again and cementing just how close we are to launch. In this case, viewing in a way that they will literally experience themselves.

I can't say whether that is necessary, or even whether it makes sense. It just is.

Top Bottom