• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps5 supply finally caught up to demand in the uk?

Good joke :D X has been readily available for most of time since launch here. And let's not start about series S which some retailers are begging people to buy :D
Sure dude, I have alerts set in part alert and many more. Could have bought several PS5s in Germany, Spain, Italy, UK, France and so on. Xbox Series X absolutely nothing since almost 10 weeks. Series S is no problem and nobody said otherwise.

Last edited:

skybaby

In Europe it's fairly easy to get a PS5. But XSX? Forget it, nothing since 10 weeks.
Same in Brazil. Amazon had non-bundle PS5 (digital and disc) for a full day last week, and they keep popping up. Other retailers have bundles in stock.

Series x? 10 weeks ago was the last time they were on amazon.

Last edited:

iHaunter

US they sell out IMMEDIATELY! I was able to pick-up a bundle for a friend because I had GameStop pro membership.

XSX seems to sell slower but it's still sells out within a few minutes. Trying to get XSX for another friend. Not sure how I became the console dealer.

They are all sold out now.

So took about 24 hours to sell out the bundles.

I guess not fully met demand but waaaaay better than before. At the very least it's cleaned out the scalpers!

Good news though will only get better from here

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I can't see the link from the US. What are these bundles? I've seen retail bundles that are more of a ripoff than just buying from a scalper.
You are an paying £190 on top of console RRP for ratchet, Resi 8 and another controller.

Nitty_Grimes

They only had the overpriced bundles?
They had:

Without disc drive model - at RRP sold out
As I posted above above - with disc drive was in stock last time I checked
As above with Returnal not Ratchet with disc drive £660 - sold out
With disc drive model - at RRP sold out.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Just do a pic be easier

x2Ys3t0.jpg

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
In Europe it's fairly easy to get a PS5. But XSX? Forget it, nothing since 10 weeks.

Good luck finding a normally priced PS5 in Sweden. At least you can queue for a Series X if you're prepared to wait a couple of months.

Derktron

Banned
They are all sold out now.

So took about 24 hours to sell out the bundles.

I guess not fully met demand but waaaaay better than before. At the very least it's cleaned out the scalpers!

Good news though will only get better from here
In 24 hours? Damn that is super good, this is good news this means that the supply is slowing coming up and the demand from scapers are slowly dying out

Good joke :D X has been readily available for most of time since launch here. And let's not start about series S which some retailers are begging people to buy :D
No, just wrong.
Unless you kay talk about some small meaningless markets.

In the UK and Germany there were 0 Xbox Series X drops in July and August (so far).
Not sure about France.

And those are the 3 big markets.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
maybe i can start to struggle with the decision about possibly buying one again :D

Then Ill just look at my PS4 which never got any use and burn a couple hundred bucks, cheaper for me in the end!

Tazzu

Obviously no one wants a PS5.

But on a serious note, last week Argos and Amazon has units available for a couple of hours. It could just be due to the summer slowdown though.

Mahavastu

Awesome thanks
That Wifi way did not work for me, but it was on launch day so maybe it was a problem which is fixed by now.
I did the transfer of profile with a simple USB stick and that "just worked".
It is also possible to access the profile informations via PS+, if you are a subscriber

farmerboy

Which store mate? Been looking for ages.
Sorry, super anecdotal observations. I'm just on a few PS/PS5 groups on facebook and guys getting one on walk in is starting to happen a bit more often and resupply the same. Still no where near, "let's go to the shops and get a PS5" so sorry if I've possibly overstated the situation. I do feel like it's starting to turn though.

Roufianos

What a load of absolute shite. S is easy to come by but it took me over a month to get an X, only because I settled for a crappy bundle.

Still no luck in Australia. Most major retailers no longer taking preorders until they fill existing commitments.

The Series X is picking up the workload until I can get my hands on one

MrA

Banned
Sorry, super anecdotal observations. I'm just on a few PS/PS5 groups on facebook and guys getting one on walk in is starting to happen a bit more often and resupply the same. Still no where near, "let's go to the shops and get a PS5" so sorry if I've possibly overstated the situation. I do feel like it's starting to turn though.
showing up in stores is definitely good as it means scalpers can't lap up all available stock, once store stock is fairly solid it should kill the online scalping and people that want one can get one at their leisure instead of being forced into spam the f5 key contests. Not that I'm saying ps5 won't continue to sell out or anything, but the whole made scramble at each drop will hopefully end.

yurinka

In Spain a couple of the most important retailers got shipments a week or two ago. In one they lasted around 3 minutes, in the other one around 10. Nice to see that in other places now they sell out in hours instead of in a few minutes.

Dabaus

Banned
UK seems to be getting almost nothing. Tiny drops here and there. Sony have been doing some pretty large drops over the last 2 months now.
Maybe it’s because the UK is one of the few markets that we actually get sales data from but it seems like Sony is really flooding the zone with that market in particular. Japan sales are usually 15k a week, meanwhile the uk and us seem to be sonys main focus. I wonder if Sony feels like MS won’t dent continental Europe or the east so they’re main focus is staying neck and neck in the US and having a substantial lead in the UK? MS only selling ok/well in the US would really cut the legs out from under them no?

Kerotan

CEX UK are selling for 700 pound! In Ireland it's 750 euro. Demand is nowhere near satisfied and these are the quiet months.

August and September are usually boring months sales wise. FIFA 22 will kick start the frenzy which will be madness when parents don't want to disappoint little Johnny 2 Christmas in a row!

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
No, just wrong.
Unless you kay talk about some small meaningless markets.

In the UK and Germany there were 0 Xbox Series X drops in July and August (so far).
Not sure about France.

And those are the 3 big markets.

Xbox hardware has been MIA for almost a month and half in Europe’s 3 biggest markets?

Still have to go in store and order and be on waiting list in NZ. Nothing's changed. Fucking consoles are still flying off the shelves and not readily available in-store.

Murdoch

A quick glance at stockinformer and several pages of red crosses for stock tells you the problem is far far from over, let alone being able to buy it on store shelves (which is probably several years away at this point)

Soosa

Banned
I have seen series x on the shelf of stores maybe 10 times. on different stores and different weeks, never seen PS5 and they still sell out almost instantly online.

Series S have been available since the launch. Last 3 months there havent been series X on stores, but they still have it available by order waiting list while we cant order PS5 unless there is stock

So basically PS5 and series X are almost impossible get, while PS5 have been somewhat harder to find.

For reference it took maybe 2 months to see PS4 on stores after the launch, xbox one were always available I think, wii u got sold out for time to time, switch didnt get sold out.

PS5 + SeX are first systems that have been basically sold out for so long here at northern EU.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Bundles are just scalping by another name. Artificially inflated pricing.

Well if it's like PS5 + game + useless accessory I don't want and I only need to pay like 50 quid extra, I call that a win vs the crazy actual scalper prices where you get ripped off and you only get the console itself.

Top Bottom