• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Sold an Estimated 2.1 to 2.5 Million Units Worldwide on Launch Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
So people are spinning this as bad sales for PS5 when they’re going for $1500 on eBay?

I think we’ve hit apex console warring.

And only 1 million consoles are currently in use. The other 1.5 still in scalpers hands.
This actually upsets me.

I want a PS5 so damn bad and I can’t find one anywhere.

Last edited:

Duchess

Sorry, I'm feeling a bit thick this morning. Are we saying that's too much, too little, or that VGChartz's reporting isn't to be trusted either way? :)

GenericUser

Just found out that R6 Siege gets its next gen port on december 1st. I'm trying to be patient, but the supply situation for the PS5 does really not look good. Nobody here knows when new consoles will arrive in stores and scalpers selling a LOT of consoles on ebay for ridiculous prices. It's a very obvious sign, that something went really wrong. It's a shame that I can't buy the only product I really want. I thought I could get one before christmas, but it's getting more and more unlikely. Sony should at least provide a statement on that matter so that customers can adjust to the situation. Right now, we playstation fans are left in the dark. Xbox bros can buy their consoles right now, no shortages where I live, it's unfair. #4theScalpers

Roufianos

So people are spinning this as bad sales for PS5 when they’re going for $1500 on eBay?

People spinning this as anything are retarded. VGChartz pulls numbers out of its ass. I remember last gen at launch they kept posting weekly totals of Xbox One destroying PS4.

I hate to thread whine but this should be closed. If shit like this is allowed then it just drags GAF's standards down.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
VGchartz?
AbandonedAggravatingBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

Entroyp

Anyone remembers the pre PS4/Xbone years when many industry experts said that it will be the last console generation? Yea....

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Easy to sell out when scalpers make out with the majority of the stock. Can we see some PS5 play statistics????

Is this the next workshopped F.U.D. angle? Scalpers?! Ok look I am game, expand on the scalpers bit, so first point there is no real demand (easy to sell out due to scalpers == less easy to sell out without) and yet scalpers bought into it anyways, next :)?

MrFunSocks

Banned

I think we’ve hit apex console warring.

This actually upsets me.

I want a PS5 so damn bad and I can’t find one anywhere.
Wait where have people been spinning this as bad? What are you reading, cause it’s not this thread. VGChartz is tales from my arse. It’s 100% made up.

No one is saying your precious PS5 sold poorly, no need to go on the offensive. Both consoles sold out.

DonJorginho

Banned
Any of the mods gonna take this down or are we really allowing the con artists at VQChartz to keep spreading their shit on here?

If they were reputable it would make sense, but they downright lied to extreme levels last gen and got it so so wrong.

Mod of War Mod of War

ManofOne

Plus Member
Wow 2.5 million you say meanwhile on sites like Walmart where they selling it ....it disappears in 2.5 seconds.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Tried to grab one last night.....again.....from Walmart. It is beyond a joke at this point. Popup error every time I clicked "Add to Cart" even on the app. No protections from bots at all that I could tell.

With an estimated 2.0-2.09 million of those snapped up by Bots and sold by scalpers on eBay!

(Jokes aside, this is an amazing achievement and awesome to see. I just wish Sony had done a better job coordinating this launch with retailers so more actual gamers instead of scalpers could get one)

Is this the next workshopped F.U.D. angle? Scalpers?! Ok look I am game, expand on the scalpers bit, so first point there is no real demand (easy to sell out due to scalpers == less easy to sell out without) and yet scalpers bought into it anyways, next :)?

Playstation has always sold out, the criticism is directed to the fact that someone with 50 on his shopping cart ain't the same as 50 individual buyers that are intending to buy.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Playstation has always sold out, the criticism is directed to the fact that someone with 50 on his shopping cart ain't the same as 50 individual buyers that are intending to buy.

I still do not get what the point of the “criticism” is here :LOL:. Sorry, but vague criticism and “concern” do fee a bit FUD like without more context.

I mean, given the near impossibility of finding either the XSX/S or PS5 and the speed at which they sell out in every online retailer along with a growing mountain of reports that Bots are playing a massive role in the sales, news reports of scalper groups hoarding thousands to 10s of thousands of units, etc...its starting to look like the available evidence supports the idea that a good portion of sales for both brands are due to scalpers.

As for the sales numbers, I wasn't aware that VGchartz is considered a terrible source but apparently they are not reliable or accurate. So I guess we'll have to wait and see what the official numbers are if and when Sony/MS release them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom