• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Reveal Event Currently Planned for Mid-Early June

Mista

Banned
PS5-Logo-1024x576.jpg

We’ve all been wondering just when Sony will do the big blowout reveal event for their new machine, but it’s finally starting to look like the time might be close. Speaking on the Press Start podcast, noted Jason Schreier said that Sony currently have plans to hold “at least one” PS5 reveal event in mid-early June. He did, however, say that their plans could very well change and force a delay due to COVID-19.

This is not the first time we’ve heard that the PS5 will be revealed in full in June. Recently, GamesBeat reporter Jeff Grubb also said that the reveal event for the console is currently scheduled for June 4. Then again, we’ve been hearing reports about a PS5 reveal event for months now, and in all likeliness, COVID-19 has forced Sony to change plans- so it’s fair to say that nothing is certain for now.

Saber

Gold Member
Didn't we had a rumor like that? I just can't remember if it was June.

Anyway, good news if true. Their strategy is gonna pay loads of hypes, attention from everywhere.

scydrex

I feel like the reveal will be when the PS5 launches... I'm tired of Sony being so silent. Why? MS revealed their console and mostly most specs and Sony nothing.

The Shepard

I seen a rumour that it was June 2nd when there showing the console off and pre orders open, release date Nov 20th 2020. I can't see it being to far off being wrong even if the person is a fraud.

Moses85

After Microsoft’s IX yesterday I am sure, Sony will definitely do better. Sony shall come out of it’s hole, if they have something which is worth, showing us.

JLMC469

Banned
After Microsoft’s IX yesterday I am sure, Sony will definitely do better. Sony shall come out of it’s hole, if they have something which is worth, showing us.

What were peoples expectations though? Inside XBox has always been crap, No 1st party titles, CD Project Red wasn’t going to be there and all that was going to be shown were cross-gen titles.

MS big event (E3) is in July.

Last edited:

Moses85

What were peoples expectations though? Inside XBox has always been crap, No 1st party titles, CD Project Red wasn’t going to be there and all that was going to be shown were cross-gen titles.

MS big event (E3) is in July.
I quoted Phillyboy.

Amazing games will be shown, super excited 😁
In Germany we are saying: „ Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal die Fresse halten“

Damn I had thought June 4th was concrete. So that’s not officially confirmed as the date? I thought there was a thread about it recently.

I was counting the days until June 4th, I just need a date to start counting down toward. When the June 4th date hit the news wire there was also talk that maybe we could see some games shown off individually before then, which I’m crossing my fingers for

Whatever the date ends up being, the official PS5 reveal will smash YouTube/social media video game records if the DualSense is any indication. I just hope we get the price with the reveal. Really excited for first party gameplay

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
The wait will be worth it. first party next gen footage is sure to be 🔥

But i´m so done with Halo, Gears or Forza :messenger_winking_tongue:
kzpcxTI.gif

Nuesji4.gif

edit: looks like i just trolled myself (wrong thread, wrong platform) ... but for laughs, i will leave the gifs. Can not wait on Sony´s techdemos, i just need DriveClub and Bloodborne with Raytracing at FHD60?

Last edited:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Remember when everybody was certain it would be February? Remember when everybody was looking through Sony hall schedules and sure that private event X would be the reveal? Fun times. I have always said it would happen in June or July, before Covid-19 became a thing. Because it just makes sense. My reasoning was always "after TLoU2 and possibly after E3". Right now I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed to August, simply because of the impact of Covid-19 on game development. They want to show stuff, and that stuff will now be a month or two behind where it was supposed to be. See the Microsoft first party presentation switch from E3 in early June to an event in July.

D.Final

Banned
PS5-Logo-1024x576.jpg

We’ve all been wondering just when Sony will do the big blowout reveal event for their new machine, but it’s finally starting to look like the time might be close. Speaking on the Press Start podcast, noted Jason Schreier said that Sony currently have plans to hold “at least one” PS5 reveal event in mid-early June. He did, however, say that their plans could very well change and force a delay due to COVID-19.

This is not the first time we’ve heard that the PS5 will be revealed in full in June. Recently, GamesBeat reporter Jeff Grubb also said that the reveal event for the console is currently scheduled for June 4. Then again, we’ve been hearing reports about a PS5 reveal event for months now, and in all likeliness, COVID-19 has forced Sony to change plans- so it’s fair to say that nothing is certain for now.

I think it's time to show some PS5 news.
Console and games

Vawn

Banned
How many months in row have we had this "PS5 reveal next month" rumor now? One will be right eventually.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
I feel like the reveal will be when the PS5 launches... I'm tired of Sony being so silent. Why? MS revealed their console and mostly most specs and Sony nothing.

Sony did reveal most of their hardware specs- just in the most boring way imaginable. They've also shown the controller, which is more important than how the base unit itself looks.

But, yeah, they've been very strangely quiet.

scydrex

Sony did reveal most of their hardware specs- just in the most boring way imaginable. They've also shown the controller, which is more important than how the base unit itself looks.

But, yeah, they've been very strangely quiet.

To me they revealed what we knew... nothing new... Super SSD and the audio maybe? The controller people somewhat knew. So nothing...

Sony is in the drivers seat here why would their marketing strategy depend on anything Microsoft does? This time in 2013 we knew basically the same stuff about PS4 that we do now about PS5, the only difference was we saw that clip of Killzone and an "in engine" trailer of Infamous. They didn't show us the box until E3 and that's when we saw most of the games too. If we get through when E3 would have been and still haven't seen anything I'll complain too, but right now I'm just being impatient and I can't blame that on them.

Top Bottom