• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5: Resident Evil Village will be dynamic 4k with Ray Tracing

Azurro

Banned
Yes, he shared some news that didn't fit the narrative 100%. The rational response would've been "Ah, they're having issues with development. No biggie, it'll be fixed for launch" (which by the way is what he said, for crying out loud). Instead the console warriors went into a rampage and started twisting his words to make it sound like, the PS5 was unable to run the game at above 1080p60.

Oh TBiddy, I thought you hated tipsters and YouTubers. I guess you only hate them when they are being positive about PlayStation. ;)

assurdum

Banned
"Dynamic resolution 4K" is another marketing name for struggling 4K. LOL
I mean, Gears 5 was announced on serie X with better than ultra setting on pc, 4k and 60 fps and now we have discovered it's 1700p most of the time . People think just ps5 will struggle to have 4k native at 60 fps but if I could bet none of the games announced in 4k at 60 fps will be native resolution on both console. Kinda of curious what's going on in RE8 if it's really true it can hit easily 4k on serie X , because I start to have the suspect cacpom used the same "trick" seen in Monster hunter World; they just switched the xbone base version graphic setting at higher resolution for the Xbox one X port and that's it, without any extra effort; would be very easy to hit 4k native at 60 fps if the did the same between the series S and the series X. But I wouldn't call 4k native a victory in such case.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I know you're trying to be clever with the whole "GOTCHA" thing, but you reeeeally need to re-read my original statement about Youtubers.

It's kind of funny you are stanning for a guy that threw gasoline into the console warring fire because his favourite company wasn't winning in the news, and yet you complained before how tipsters and youtubers all talk garbage. Which one is it? I think you like the ones that talk nicely about MS and criticise Sony.

It's not a gotcha, it's literally how you act.

Last edited:

TBiddy

You are pretty transparent man, it's kind of funny you are stanning for a guy that literally just threw fire into console warring because his favourite company wasn't winning in the news, and yet you complained before how tipsters and youtubers all talk garbage. Which one is it?

Again, I need to remind you, that I've never said that "tipsters talk garbage". I've said I don't trust Youtubers. Once you accept that, and apologize for repeatedly setting up a strawman, we can discuss whatever it is you're trying to prove here.

Azurro

Banned
Again, I need to remind you, that I've never said that "tipsters talk garbage". I've said I don't trust Youtubers. Once you accept that, and apologize for repeatedly setting up a strawman, we can discuss whatever it is you're trying to prove here.

And yet you defend Dusk Golem here, quite vehemently. I would even say you trust what he has to say. I wonder what the difference is. ;)

TBiddy

And yet you defend Dusk Golem here, quite vehemently. I would even say you trust what he has to say. I wonder what the difference is. ;)

OK, I assume you're not going to apologize for your strawman then. Try presenting your point in an adult matter, instead of hiding behind smileys and vague accusations.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
7 was so excellent and looks amazingly sharp 4k on pc
The pc port has some issues though. HDR is for some reason enabled by default which makes no sense on pc,
Sometimes when You fiddle with graphics too much, the performance breaks and game has to be restarted
Black levels and banding can be weird

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
1080p60 is NEXT GEN!

The dream of last gen is here!

4K native is unrealistic for either of these machines.

Again, if you have a 1080p monitor/tv you'll never notice that it's only "dynamic 4k" because these games probably will never dip below 1080p.

Last edited:

MrJTeera

Imagine the feeling of the haptic controller when you try to pull a trigger from an empty gun. Or that vibration every time you reload? It’ll be sick if they pull this off.

Top Bottom