• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5: Resident Evil Village will be dynamic 4k with Ray Tracing

Hunnybun

If devs really wanted locked 4k they would do it (by reducing details)
I wonder if this dynamic 4k trend is actually "forced" by Sony to make it easier to scale games for ps5pro/ps6 without the need for patches.

I doubt it's forced, it's just so obviously the correct compromise. 4k is such a high resolution that dropping below that in certain scenes is just so less noticeable than dropping frames.

Until proven otherwise I'm assuming most games labelled "dynamic" will be close to locked native 4k, just with the odd drop to maintain frame rates.

This is based on NX Gamer doing multiple pixel counts of Spider-Man Remastered and finding all the frames to be native 4k, as well as Digital Foundry doing similar analysis on Ratchet and being unable to find anything less than native 4k.

Both of those games (in those modes analysed) have been described as dynamic 4k, so it would seem Sony is being extremely cautious with the native 4k terminology, for whatever reason.

FlyyGOD

have we got a native 4k/ locked 60fps on ps5 confirmed yet? Spiderman remaster?
Im guessing series x will be exactly the same. Capcom never seems to take advantage of xbox hardware. They proved this with xbox one x.

Last edited:

NEbeast

I dont really care about his motives. Il take a leak regardless of motives.

His motives made him have to clarify his statement. He made it sound doom and gloom, then had to back track and say it was a early build. He tried to frame it as something it wasn't, to balance out "bad news", he should never be taken seriously again if he can't even leak things without console war bullshit.

sircaw

Banned
PS5™ features
  • Stunning visuals: Explore Resident Evil Village's beautiful yet terrifying vistas and locales in 4K* with Ray Tracing.
  • Fast loading: Instantly pick up right where you left off with almost no load times, thanks to the power of the PS5 console's ultra-high speed SSD.
  • Adaptive triggers: Feel the weight and pull of weapon triggers for an even more immersive experience.
  • Haptic feedback: Simulate the feeling of firing a real gun with haptic feedback.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Surround yourself with the carefully crafted music and sounds of survival horror in Resident Evil Village. 3D Audio enhances the experience by making you feel the hair-raising sounds coming from every direction.
*Dynamic 4K and HDR require a compatible 4K & HDR compatible TV or display.

The best console version to play on.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
PS5™ features
  • Stunning visuals: Explore Resident Evil Village's beautiful yet terrifying vistas and locales in 4K* with Ray Tracing.
  • Fast loading: Instantly pick up right where you left off with almost no load times, thanks to the power of the PS5 console's ultra-high speed SSD.
  • Adaptive triggers: Feel the weight and pull of weapon triggers for an even more immersive experience.
  • Haptic feedback: Simulate the feeling of firing a real gun with haptic feedback.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Surround yourself with the carefully crafted music and sounds of survival horror in Resident Evil Village. 3D Audio enhances the experience by making you feel the hair-raising sounds coming from every direction.
*Dynamic 4K and HDR require a compatible 4K & HDR compatible TV or display.

"Carefully crafted music and sounds of survival horror", are they some kind of sadists?! :messenger_fearful:

tlPi4rA.gif

Yeah, but he asked for native 4k and not for fake 4k that some people are impressed with.

Well there's different ways of producing "fake 4K" or reconstructing is the better term for it. DLSS and Temporal Injection are probably the best methods in the market to my knowledge. There are others like checkerboard rendering but I don't think it's as good as those two.

turtlepowa

Banned
Well there's different ways of producing "fake 4K" or reconstructing is the better term for it. DLSS and Temporal Injection are probably the best methods in the market to my knowledge. There are others like checkerboard rendering but I don't think it's as good as those two.
Again: That was not his question and i never denied it. But no matter what method it is, it's still fake 4k. If you like dynamic or upscaled or up to more, feel free to use it, but i call a spade a spade.

hemo memo

Gold Member
That would be really stupid if no performance mode and RT was the focus. RE engine is insanely customizable too.

[Sigma]

His motives made him have to clarify his statement. He made it sound doom and gloom, then had to back track and say it was a early build. He tried to frame it as something it wasn't, to balance out "bad news", he should never be taken seriously again if he can't even leak things without console war bullshit.
200.gif

On topic. That's cool, would like a 60fps mode too but the highlights are with the controller and audio for this one to me. Looking forward to what they got cooking up for the experience.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

Resident Evil 7 was good but a little bit too boss-battle oriented for me. The regular 'zombie' enemies (molded) didn't appear till the halfway point and even then usually just one at a time.

I'd like to have more fodder enemies for me to headshot in RE8!

Again: That was not his question and i never denied it. But no matter what method it is, it's still fake 4k. If you like dynamic or upscaled or up to more, feel free to use it, but i call a spade a spade.

Not all "fake 4Ks" are the same though. Some look like trash while others can even surpass the native image in some cases. I just wanted to let him know it's one of the better methods so it really wont look like crap at the 4K 60FPs mode.

ethomaz

Banned
Again you struggle to read what he posted. At the time of writing, it was running at that level and he said he expected it would increase by time of launch. Is english your native language?
Yes he read... he just made up it up because PS5 was having too much good news while Xbox only bad news like usual lol

Or are you not native English?

BTW the game was only shows in 4k by Capcom twice and he tried to said 1080p
bullshit lol

Last edited:
I don't like how raytracing has become just a buzzword without much meaning. What kind of raytracing does it have? Raytraced sound? Shadows? Reflections? Lighting?

Doesn't matter, just slap raytracing in there!

Ray traced zombies. You can see the light pouring through the bullet holes in their bodies.... wait that sounds kinda cool

Shmunter

Anyone feel like me? I buy both XSX and PS5 to play the exclusives on PS5 and other games on XSX but if the DualSense controller is so much better than the XSX one... I might end up buying multiplat games on PS5 too...
Good point. Every upcoming cross platform title has 2 extra bullet points on PS5. 3D audio and Dualsense features.

Certainly if all the excitement around Dualsense is warranted, then the games do give more bang for the buck with Sony.

We are yet to hear of the 3D audio impressions.

Edit: also the card system with tips and extras, etc. value add

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
1st person resident evil sucks....... Change my mind?
Well REVII is one of the best RE experiences ever created.
It is good in first person because add more tension increase the experience in games like RE plus VR is a complete new experience worth online for the camera view.

TBiddy

Efb-UCbUwAARyDF

That is the guy you are doing defense control.
He just had to eat the shit he created lol

How is that controversial? He felt that the usual warriors were acting like idiots and decided to share some insider info that could 'even the scales', so to say.

What he said hurt some feelings around the internet, and when that happens, we know that the FUD machine turns into gear, unfortunately. Even here on Gaf, people were attributing things to him he never said. The fact that you had that image ready for use, says a lot, doesn't it?

Jad-Just_A_Dale

Neo Member
I just love how complicit we've become in scaring ourselves. We get the best controllers, the best sound systems. high resolutions with high dynamic range lighting. We calibrate the tvs colors and adjust the brightness for the game to make it scarier.

I feel like we've been duped. We need to stop being complicit in this, make them earn it. I'm going to play this on a crt in mono sound and an f310. Yep, not even basic rumble will be available.

Again you struggle to read what he posted. At the time of writing, it was running at that level and he said he expected it would increase by time of launch. Is english your native language?

This is precisely why it was stupid to say anything at all 'Hey an early build of a PS5 game in development is running in an unoptimized state' lol the guy sounds a sandwich short of a picnic.

ethomaz

Banned
Last edited:

TBiddy

Stop being silly. You know why people ripped him a new one.

Yes, he shared some news that didn't fit the narrative 100%. The rational response would've been "Ah, they're having issues with development. No biggie, it'll be fixed for launch" (which by the way is what he said, for crying out loud). Instead the console warriors went into a rampage and started twisting his words to make it sound like, the PS5 was unable to run the game at above 1080p60.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Yes, he shared some news that didn't fit the narrative 100%. The rational response would've been "Ah, they're having issues with development. No biggie, it'll be fixed for launch" (which by the way is what he said, for crying out loud). Instead the console warriors went into a rampage and started twisting his words to make it sound like, the PS5 was unable to run the game at above 1080p60.

His framing amounted to "Oh people are down on Xbox and up on Playstation? Well I've got news for ya, your favorite plastic box is in trouble! Devs struggling to go above 1080p60, but on XSX they simply typed enter and it was 4k60 just like that".

There's no defense.

ethomaz

Banned
His framing amounted to "Oh people are down on Xbox and up on Playstation? Well I've got news for ya, your favorite plastic box is in trouble! Devs struggling to go above 1080p60, but on XSX they simply typed enter and it was 4k60 just like that".

There's no defense.
I already posted the pic of what he said what backfired.
But seems some just ignore reality.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Thank you for proving my point.

I mean context is everything, in basically all aspects of life so your removal of context is just flabbergasting. He threw a negative rumor out there without proof, and then admitted he was only interested in tipping the scales. Also he didn't say it would be "ready at launch", what he said was that he believed it would be better by launch. Uh, ok?

Exactly what was his contribution aside from console wars? 0. So it's real rich seeing you complain that the reaction to the rumor amounted to console wars and nothing else.

Top Bottom