• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 or XSX readily available to buy… When?!

Karmic Raze

So, I’ve been trying my hardest to get an Xbox Series X, but Best Buy wouldn’t ship out to me despite getting into checkout twice and they had no stock within 250 miles of me. Bummer. Then Walmart was so fucking broken the bots just ate it up. When do you think these consoles will be easier to get? I almost want to just buy a scalped console, but I don’t want to spend $200-300 more than the console is worth just to get it in my hands. It’s frustrating setting around with more than enough cash to buy these motherfuckers and you can’t. I’m sure we’ll all love it when we’re finally able to go to one of these sites and just order a damn console without fighting immeasurable odds against us or be able to walk into a store and buy one.

When do you see this bullshit being over with? They’ve had almost a year to get their act together.

XSX readily available over here, in various stores. I've never seen a single PS5, online or in stores, but saw a dualsense for the first time yesterday.
Damn, haven't seen a single XSX in my country since 2 months. Could have bought at least 10 PS5. Hopefully i can buy one intil FH5 releases.

Soosa

Banned
Never seen PS5 on stores, and they sell out in seconds/minutes online.

Series x I have seen maybe 20 times on the shelf on few different stores, and they have been "available by order", whatever that means. Maybe that they dont have enough for physical stores, but you can order one from warehouse etc.

Series s have been available since the launch easily, like tens/hundreds on online stores and 5-10 units on physical stores.

Switch have been like series S, always on stores since the launch.

So series x + ps5 sell better than switch here, or have much smaller shipments.

Northern EU, and I have heard the same from other European countries excluding UK.

So I would guess that PS5 is easily available at summer 2022 or late 2022, series x in few months or early 2022.

Last edited:
Damn, haven't seen a single XSX in my country since 2 months. Could have bought at least 10 PS5. Hopefully i can buy one intil FH5 releases.
Here, quite the opposite. Since february, XSXs have been readily available in the supermarket next door. No PS5s anywhere, and no one seems to ever has stock.
The joys of living in Africa, I suppose.

Been to Media Markt yesterday the first time in like a year. There was a big pile of Switch boxes and like three XSS boxes. Nothing else.

Marty-McFly

Banned
It hasn't even been out a year.

Switch took years until it was readily available.

I'd say for PS5 and XSX probably by January or February you should be able to walk into stores and buy them.

This is 🇧🇦 right now, they are everywhere 😊

waZiNUn.jpg

MOTM

Banned
Got a notification that you can walk in and pick up PS5's since today at Argos (UK) so it looks like tings are getting back to normal.

Last edited:

Quasicat

I told myself that in order to alleviate the stress of trying to find one, I would wait until I could just walk in and buy one. Last December, I was able to walk into a Walmart and pick up one of two Series X consoles that they had in stock. Since then, I have also seen a Series S in the Wild. I have yet to see either one of the PS5s in stock anywhere. As much as I would like to get a PS5, I’m really not expecting it to happen until 2023 at the earliest.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Yeah, the stock situation is fucking ridiculous. The problem is that scalpers wont allow there to be a normal market for these for as long as they can, so while they are selling alot of these boxes, they arent ending up in the hands of people who want to use them, they are sitting in some scumbags garage until someone gets desperate enough to pay their “bridge troll” like fee. They need to find a way to get these boxes into the hands of gamers otherwise it will handicap this entire generation. But idk what they could do, sue everyone whose trying to resell it for more than its worth? Sony or ms couldn't do that. There would be a supply problem even without scalpers. These opprotunistic vulchers are just making it worse.

Duchess

I think that UK fans might be able to start getting them easier in the autumn. Christmas might be utter chaos, but the stock is seemingly coming in more frequently now.

Gamerguy84

Where is that? Hopefully, not America. $1369? That's worse than scalpers. What else is in those bundles?
Probably one of those Dubai airport situations. $1339 is a price no commoner is paying.

The guy that said they are everywhere is on some good. If they were anywhere they wouldn't cost $1339.

Last edited:
Check your local stores but some of them are doing lotteries for purchasing the system. I entered one that excludes online orders so that should eliminate scalpers. Also it's one per household do that should increase my chances even more. Hopefully I get picked as it's probably the best chance that I have for getting one at MSRP.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Fount it easier to get the Xbox for sure, only ps5 I were able to get into my cart were insane bundles before I just stopped trying.

Gamerguy84

Even if the chip shortages ended today you won't be able to get one freely until 2022.

Xmas shopping is around the corner, not to mention there are still many looking to snag one now.

It's still going to be a while. I got both my PS5 using the advice on
r/ps5restock

keraj37

Interesting. Sony flooded the UK with stock, so it seems like supply is slowly meeting and maybe even outstripping demand, at least in the UK.

They did it only for the royal family, especially for prince Andrew who loves PlayStation games with anime girls.

Last edited:
Honestly I think both Sony and MS are both sitting on a big supply for the holiday so I think it will be easier to snag one in these next few months. I don't see both companies not having a decent supply for a second holiday in a row.

As far as being able to walk into a store and grab one, I would say you wont see that until the summer of 2022

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Thats just crazy. Looking like a couple more years for me then!

Considering not long ago that 2 hours was 2 minutes, it's not bad at all. Only problem is if you physically can't get at a phone/PC because of work really.

Dr.Morris79

Considering not long ago that 2 hours was 2 minutes, it's not bad at all. Only problem is if you physically can't get at a phone/PC because of work really.
Two minutes, two hours, who gives a shit. These things are scalped to high heaven, there are ways Sony can circumvent this but they couldnt give a toss. My hovering over 'buy' buttons online at stupid'o clock ended months ago.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Two minutes, two hours, who gives a shit. These things are scalped to high heaven, there are ways Sony can circumvent this but they couldnt give a toss. My hovering over 'buy' buttons online at stupid'o clock ended months ago.

That's the point, you don't need to hover over buy buttons at 3am and snipe them. They were in Argos for hours this morning, you set up a few stock alerts and you're good, unless you're physically hampered from getting to your phone because of work or whatever.

Scalper markup is about £70 or 15% right now, and it'll come down after this wave of Argos units goes on eBay at the same time. We're getting there.

Top Bottom