• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Off to a Stronger Start Than PS4 Says Jim Ryan, “Throwing Money” Won’t Lead to Success

Spidey Fan

Banned
I think some people are in for a rude awakening, but it makes sense to stack up on those $1 - $3 deals as much as possible right now.

Some people are talking aboutvtgem bringing in a tiered approach to the subscription. All I know is that when they start releasing a number of first-party games that price is going ⬆️.
It won't happen for now. But it will in the future. But as of now, if they do it sooner, they are committing kamikaze. They need to make sure they have solid line up first. After that, they can increase it.

Even with that, it won't matter. The value is just too much at this point. Having first party forever, and 3rd party games is incredible value. For example, if the price is 20$ a month, that is still 240. Or 4 1st party games (60$) a year, not counting xbox live price in it. That is still much better value, considering you are getting 1 year worth of gamepass games, plus ea included, with xcloud, and pc.

Even at the price of 30$ a month, its still worth it. 360$ a month or 5 first party games with Xbox live.

That is how insane the value is. I am currently paying 20$ for netflix. But the value for me, is I can use it on multiple screen at the same time. Its like 4 people subscribed to netflix. Great value for big family.

Hezekiah

Banned
It won't happen for now. But it will in the future. But as of now, if they do it sooner, they are committing kamikaze. They need to make sure they have solid line up first. After that, they can increase it.

Even with that, it won't matter. The value is just too much at this point. Having first party forever, and 3rd party games is incredible value. For example, if the price is 20$ a month, that is still 240. Or 4 1st party games (60$) a year, not counting xbox live price in it. That is still much better value, considering you are getting 1 year worth of gamepass games, plus ea included, with xcloud, and pc.

Even at the price of 30$ a month, its still worth it. 360$ a month or 5 first party games with Xbox live.

That is how insane the value is. I am currently paying 20$ for netflix. But the value for me, is I can use it on multiple screen at the same time. Its like 4 people subscribed to netflix. Great value for big family.
Yeah it won't happen yet as they're trying to entice people in.

But it absolutely does depend on the quality of those games.

Plus you could essentially be paying for games that don't interest you. xCloud I expect to remain niche for the foreseeable future, and I don't know what proportion of gamers are going to maintain a gaming PC and an Xbox - there just isn't much point.

TheGrat1

I think some people are in for a rude awakening, but it makes sense to stack up on those $1 - $3 deals as much as possible right now.

Some people are talking aboutvtgem bringing in a tiered approach to the subscription. All I know is that when they start releasing a number of first-party games that price is going ⬆️.
I think the target is $20/month. That seems to be where Netflix is headed and it will be competitive with other subscription services once they start increasing their prices. A big part of this, however, is that I think they are also going to try to raise the price of Gold so that it is unattractive, just like they did recently.

Still, if they hit their goal of dropping 4 first party games per year (assuming those games are $60 at retail) $240/year is still great value considering there will be other games on the service. The big snag is down to the individual consumer. If you prefer to own copies of your game forever, do not think those games are $60 caliber (Grounded/Ori types) or do not like MS's 1st party games then Gamepass is a no go.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
PS5 has definitely had a better launch period in terms of games than PS4, and the first 18 months also look amazing with the upcoming Horizon, GOW, and GT. I think a lot of people forget the long games drought that Sony had after their initial six month PS4 launch window was over.

His second statement is a little bit funny though. While true that you cannot just solve creativity with money, they really need to expand their studios. Since only insomniac seems to be able to churn out games in less than 4-5 year cycles they are going to run into a problem of not many first party games in 2022-2024. Have a look at their teams and when we should be expecting the next game in the cycle:

Bend Studios
Last release: Days Gone - 2019
Next release: new IP 2024-25?

Guerrilla Games
Next release: Horizon Forbidden West 2021
Release after: unknown 2025

Insomniac Games
Last release: Ratchet & Clank 2021
Release after: unknown, but probably 2022 knowing Insomniac. These guys are amazingly prolific

Media Molecule
Last release: Dreams 2020
Release after: unknown 2024-25?

Naughty Dog
Last release: The Last of Us 2 - 2020
Release after: TLOU 2 Remaster? 2022? 2023? Then after that it is completely unknown. If new IP I expect 2024

Polyphony
Next release: Gran Turismo 7 2022
Release after: GT title 2027

San Diego Studio
Do I need to do this one? They will pump out MLB every year :)

Santa Monica Studio
Next release: GOW Ragnarok 2022
Release after: unknown, probably another GOW 2026

Sucker Punch
Last release: Ghost of Tsushima 2020
Release after: unknown 2025

Team Asobi
Last release: Astro's Playroom 2020
Release after: Probably Astro VR game? 2022-23

Let's look at the count here. Sony had a great 2020 with TLOU2, Dreams, Astro's Playroom, Miles Morales, and Ghost of Tsushima. 2021 looks like Ratchet and Horizon. 2022 has GOW:Ragnarok and GT, and maybe TLOU2 Remastered. Looking at 2023 though it is apparent that Sony is going to have to be "throwing money at it" by either money hatting or do co-development with studios in order to fill the year with some games. As gaming gets bigger, and games take longer to develop, they need more studios or at least more teams inside their studios.
There have been numerous posts on here about the significant recruitment Sony has been doing for its exisiting studios.

Santa Monica are working on an RPG. Guerilla Games are working on an FPS. Naughty Dog apparently are working on Factions and another game.

Then you have the second-party deals Sony has with Firewalk, Haven Entertainment, Deviation Games etc.

Shows how pointless studio list wars are.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Yeah it won't happen yet as they're trying to entice people in.

But it absolutely does depend on the quality of those games.

Plus you could essentially be paying for games that don't interest you. xCloud I expect to remain niche for the foreseeable future, and I don't know what proportion of gamers are going to maintain a gaming PC and an Xbox - there just isn't much point.
Xcloud for me, is strictly for traveling for hardcore players. You go to a hotel, you bring out your phone or laptop, and just stream those games.

It will work for casuals as console replacement, but not for hardcore.

You have no idea what you are talking about... did you even take one look at their accounts before typing that?

PlayStation made 3.1 Billion in net profit last year, almost enough to buy Sega outright.

Sony as a company made over 10 Billion net profit last year and is one of the most profitable companies in the world.

Sony Music is joint largest music company in the world and has the largest back catalog of music in the world.... it also has a mobile game division that made Fate / Grand Order one of the biggest mobile games ever.

Sony film are making bank out of the streaming war and selling their films and TV shows to Netflix, Amazon and others.....

Sony bank is highly profitable, it is their newest wholly owned business

Consumer electronics and their sensor business also do quite well annually.

They are just after spending 1.4 billion on acquisitions for their music division.... including Paul Simons back catalog, AWAL and Son Livre..... and more acquisitions are coming for that division.

They also spent 1.2 billion on the Crunchyroll acquisition which they are waiting to get cleared.

So there is lots of spending going on in other departments......Why not their most profitable one?
3 billion? They just need to save a year to buy a Bethesda lmao. Microsoft had 15 billion profit in one quarter.

Nubulax

Why does Sony have to accommodate for Microsoft not having any 2020 releases on Xbox One either, while they were busy dropping GOTY bangers on PS4?

Seriously lol. End of PS4 brought it hard with FF7 Remake, Last of US 2 and Ghosts of Tsushima which started in April, then PS5 comes out and we get Spiderman Miles Morales cross gen, Demon Souls PS5, Astrobot PS5, Returnal PS5 and Ratchet and Clank PS5. Can throw FF7 PS5 with DLC in there if you want.

Xbox released uh.... Gears Tactics at series X launch BUT..BUT...it came out in April on PC already. Battletoads last August.. The Medium as a timed exclusive in January that is coming to PS5 in September. Am I missing anything else up to this point.

Its also hilarious to see the cross gen memes while talking up Flight Sim as if the game hasnt been out for almost a year and before the Series X/S was even out to buy, along with Forza and Halo both being cross gen as well. When is the actual first Series X/S NEXT GEN exclusive game coming out. From my research maybe its Scorn? But I dont see a set release date just 2021. Is it Shredders the snowboarding game that might be out Dec or Jan? Or is that just timed exclusive. Stalker 2 in April? But that has only 3 months timed exclusivity? Am I missing something, I legit have no idea here

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
PlayStation made 3.1 billion net profit last year.

Sony made over 10 Billion net profit last year.....

They have more cash than Tencent. They have hardly any debt.

They just spent 1.4 billion in under 6 months on music acquisitions....AWAL, Paul Simons back catalog and Som Livre and are planning more acquisitions for their music division.

They spent 1.2 Billion on Crunchyroll and are waiting for it to be allowed go ahead.

I dunno why people think Sony is in some type of hard time? Like where do you get that from?

current rumors are they might have to sell back spider man to Marvel to keep afloat if the spider man universe movies don’t do well

Yoboman

current rumors are they might have to sell back spider man to Marvel to keep afloat if the spider man universe movies don’t do well
APRIL 2017

vbcAG6c.jpg

Blond

Banned

You mean the movie industry lost money in a year where people literally couldn’t pay to watch it? God damn this is STOOPID

Last edited:

Unknown?

I don't think so. PS4 was more powerful than Xbox one and costed less. PS5 is weaker and costs the same. The thing is Microsoft doesn't have any games thanks to Phill, but if they fix that either by making them or buying them then Sony is done.

They would be in a position of having less important games, a weaker console than costs the same, without an answer to gamepass and with $70 USD games.

Sony's position is about to get reallyy
bad.
Huh stronger and costs the same. Didn't seem to help the OG Xbox and it actually had exclusives.

Last edited:
They are not throwing money for timed exclusives. They are building partnerships, which means that the other party is also interested to have their game exclusive on PlayStation for a while.
The most funny thing is jimbo bought some time exclusives then the whole studio is bought buy MS

Bryank75

Banned

That's pretty old now, as the others said.

Making around 762 million FY 2020 (film unit), it's a tidy profit..... certainly helped them reach the 10.7 Billion net profit for the year for the entire company.

There's not a chance in hell they will sell Spider-man. I do think they might buy Lionsgate pictures or someone like that though.

For comparison.... Disney lost nearly 3 Billion in 2020 and only has 15 billion in cash reserves vs Sony's 45 Billion. Disney also has 50 Billion in debt, while Sony only has 7 billion in longterm debt.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
They would probably be blocked by the anti-trust comission, due to "monopoly concerns", while it's ok for Disney to buy every other studio out there. LOL

I know, it's ridiculous.... The lobbying system is just glorified corruption. The straighter the company is, the more of a disadvantage they have.

Huh stronger and costs the same. Didn't seem to help the OG Xbox and it actually had exclusives.
Lol, if you actually have to go back to the original Xbox then you're doing it wrong. The original Xbox was a newcomer and a year late and still managed to sell a lot.

Anyway, you are just focusing in one thing, what about games? Sony hasn't offered anything new and at least Microsoft is investing a lot in getting those games. And what about gamepass? Sony is raising game prices while Microsoft is offering you all their games day one one game pass and if you wanna buy it they are keeping the same $60 USD price tag.

The only thing that Sony has is games, they are loosing everything else against Microsoft. The moment those Bethesda games start coming and those studious pan out then it's game over for Sony.

The problem for Microsoft is that's a big if, specially with Phill Spencer at the helm which is one of the worst managers we've seen.

longdi

Banned
You get defensive so easily about your plastic box. But speaking of double speak.
Here is one example of many good guy Phil quotes.
G5yf2NS.jpg
KundzBt.jpg

i dont see the issue.
if you watched the recent e3, Phil showed games that will be out by 2022.

ES6, fable, avowed, pdz, everwild were part of the Series launch video, to tell gamers what their favorites studios are working on for the next gen.
If these werent shown, gamers would have asked and speculate anyway.
better to nib at the bud and give what they gamers want. 🤷‍♀️

Kagey K

Banned

Making around 762 million FY 2020 (film unit), it's a tidy profit..... certainly helped them reach the 10.7 Billion net profit for the year for the entire company.

There's not a chance in hell they will sell Spider-man. I do think they might buy Lionsgate pictures or someone like that though.

For comparison.... Disney lost nearly 3 Billion in 2020 and only has 15 billion in cash reserves vs Sony's 45 Billion. Disney also has 50 Billion in debt, while Sony only has 7 billion in longterm debt.
But somehow Gamepass doesn't generate revenue in millions on top of that?

It's funny how you can be so optimistic for some companies, and not with others.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
But somehow Gamepass doesn't generate revenue in millions on top of that?

It's funny how you can be so optimistic for some companies, and not with others.

I didn't talk about revenue above, I only addressed net income / profit.

Of course GP generates revenue....any sale generates revenue.

Azurro

Banned
The quantity over quality so GP is trash argument that PS Fan Boys have is sheer desperation. It's hillarious.

I'll keep remembering that when I'm playing Forza Horizon 5, Starfield, MS Flight Simulator, Hades, and tons of others day 1 on GP.

That will take place over a period of years, if I look at the release schedule correctly. What other use is there for GamePass in between waiting for those games?

fallingdove

I will wait for starfield to drop on pc, so I can have my character as batman. You guys won't be able to enjoy it, since in your point of view, bethesda sucks.
Angry White Woman GIF

Fk it. Now I have to fking stoop at your shit level 😠.
You’ve been at shit level for weeks with your nonsensical posts. You are fooling anybody with this false epiphany that you are only now realizing it.

I also think it’s ironic for someone that says Starfield is going to be sooo incredible, your first item of business is to mod the main character so that you can play as Batman.

Last edited:

Yes but using that “same price as 4/5 first party games” logic doesn’t really paint the full picture.

Let’s say you’re an average consumer who has subscribed to GPU from XSX launch to holiday 2023 at the normal price, so 3 years. You’ve paid $540 for that. Now let’s say Microsoft is finally actually releasing first party titles and they’ve got a AAA game every two months, so they decide to hike to $25. Let’s say then the first two games are mediocre, which has happened many times with MS and new IP in the past, and you decide to cancel.

You’ve spent $540 plus four months at $25, ie. $640 and you have ZERO games to play now that you’ve cancelled. In that same time period, you could have bought 9 full prices titles (eg Sony first party titles) with some change, which are yours forever. That’s not to mention if you waited for sales on some of them etc.

You have no idea what you are talking about... did you even take one look at their accounts before typing that?

You left out SONY $500 billion historic debt. Unlike SONY Microsoft have no debt and billions of cash in the bank, very much like Nintendo
MS can afford to blow the cash like there's no tomorrow.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So, you'll be playing filler that you are not interested in then to justify the subscription.

Thanks for proving my point. ;)

Its this "product as filler" dimension that makes me skeptical about the benefit of GamePass.

I can't help but feel that its going to hurt the industry creatively in the long term, and I really cannot get past that sense of concern.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Yes but using that “same price as 4/5 first party games” logic doesn’t really paint the full picture.

Let’s say you’re an average consumer who has subscribed to GPU from XSX launch to holiday 2023 at the normal price, so 3 years. You’ve paid $540 for that. Now let’s say Microsoft is finally actually releasing first party titles and they’ve got a AAA game every two months, so they decide to hike to $25. Let’s say then the first two games are mediocre, which has happened many times with MS and new IP in the past, and you decide to cancel.

You’ve spent $540 plus four months at $25, ie. $640 and you have ZERO games to play now that you’ve cancelled. In that same time period, you could have bought 9 full prices titles (eg Sony first party titles) with some change, which are yours forever. That’s not to mention if you waited for sales on some of them etc.
That is if you only count it for Microsoft games. There are other games in the service, which you could have enjoyed during those times.

For example, kingdom heart is a good series. To some, its not a must buy. But you see kingdom heart 3 on gamepass. Now you multiply it by 300. That is the minimum amount of games the gamepass.

From that, you have the freedom to pick any games you want, and play it for 3 years. In those 3 years, new titles come in and go.

Now to the Playstation side. You have bought 9 games, at the price of those 3 years, which you are keeping it. Now the question is, how many people do you think will go back, and replay it again, after their first gameplay?

9 games in 3 years is pretty low. Considering that is only 3 games per year. And you are stuck playing those 3 games a year, while the other person, went a head, and played a minimum of 3 games a month. 1 good, 2 might be meh. Total of 12 good games, 24 meh for that year.

As for the sales, Demon souls was 61$ last sale on May. It was released with console launch. 7 months of wait time, just for that price.

At the end of the day, 1 gets to keep 9 games for those 3 years, assuming he hasn't bought anything, and doesn't use the discount that much (Sony ps5 discount these days is bad). While the other person went game after game, during those years.

Now let's go back for kingdom heart 3 example. Used copy of that game is 10$ for ps4. Now you are playing 3 times of that game per month. Instead of spending 30$ buying those games, you can spend 25$ a month, testing them out. If you like it, you can buy at discount 20% is when it's leaving the service. So you are spending 8$ for the digital, instead of the cd. Now what happens if you dont like the game. You wasted 10$. You can return the cd, exchange it or sell it for lower price. Or you are stuck at digital, and you can't sell it back. Then, you are losing your money. That 25$ subscription saved you the hassle of wasting that 10$ to buy the game. You could have tried on the service, and jump to other games, if you don't like it.

For game ownership after the service is ending, you are getting xlive free games. They aren't high quality, but its enough to play games, until your next time you want to sub again. In those 3 years, you got 108 games. Some of them might be good. And some of them might be bad. But nevertheless, those are free games you got it for free with the 25$ service.

The only one who doesn't have value, is the one who wants to play new games only. While Microsoft is doing day1 games. Its not guaranteed that person is gonna enjoy it. So the service to him is useless, until they release their 1st party games.

After 3 years and 4 month with the sub, you have 120 games (3*40m) vs 9 games Sony only exclusive. The other games won't have the same quality as Sony games, but they have something to play in the mean time. This if we aren't counting 3rd party game sales, and only going on Sony exclusive vs gamepass only sub, who doesn't buy games.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
They are doing really great.

It is the best first six month for them in both hardware and software.

Even spoiled PS fans like me needs to take the hat off how good they threatened us until now… even in my dreams I did not expected a so successful start of gen.
Like you would ever talk bad about Sony 😂

Spidey Fan

Banned
You’ve been at shit level for weeks with your nonsensical posts. You are fooling anybody with this false epiphany that you are only now realizing it.

I also think it’s ironic for someone that says Starfield is going to be sooo incredible, your first item of business is to mod the main character so that you can play as Batman.
If that isnt a great, then i have a question about your taste.

A great game is the one that lets you do whatever you want to. And if starfield does that for me, that is the S tier game for me. Because i will have a batman game, until a batman game is made. If you dont see greatness in that, then i have nothing to say to you man.

assurdum

Banned
Fox and the grapes eh Jim? Chop chop with the next pc port.
I can see him not sleep the night looking at the concurrency which spend billions here and there, meanwhile he doubles them in sales. Talking about the fox and the grapes.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Now the question is, how many people do you think will go back, and replay it again, after their first gameplay?

I think a fair bit, but depending on if you think BC in consoles is important or not you will see this raising one importance or not. If those games were bought in disc format they can also be resold, loaned, exchanged too.

For me, even beyond ownership, the issue with this kind of services is games optimised for engagement/free to play/GaaS model and the erosion of perceived value. I want to encourage games where the bulk of the money is made at the point of purchase (maybe some big DLC expansions too), I do not want to support models where download/start of gameplay is when the monetisation attempts start. If that may mean a bit of an increase in price in some cases, so be it.

Spidey Fan

Banned
I think a fair bit, but depending on if you think BC in consoles is important or not you will see this raising one importance or not. If those games were bought in disc format they can also be resold, loaned, exchanged too.

For me, even beyond ownership, the issue with this kind of services is games optimised for engagement/free to play/GaaS model and the erosion of perceived value. I want to encourage games where the bulk of the money is made at the point of purchase (maybe some big DLC expansions too), I do not want to support models where download/start of gameplay is when the monetisation attempts start. If that may mean a bit of an increase in price in some cases, so be it.
You are focusing on the easy target part, while ignoring the real value. To me, psnow and gamepass value is trying games you wont ever buy it. There are games, which you wouldnt normally like it, so you refrain from buying it. these games are worth it on these service.

and as for physicals games, they are in decline. You might be lucky buying, and selling those games, but not everyone. There are places where its hard to sell your physcial games. so you are left with games, you cant sell.

again, gaas is crappy talk, people use it to undermine the service. and not every gaas is bad. look at destiny 2 and fortnite for example. they went from meh, to great games, due to overtime changing the game. people who hated those games, can join in now, and see the new experience that are in the game. Best example is fallout 76 and sea of thieves. On launch period, both games were garbage, like how some games are. but overtime, the games have been improved. Fallout76 is getting big free expansion now, while sea of thieves is getting big pirate expansion. Single player games at the point become history, while these games still thrive with updates, after updates.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

I don’t follow games as much as I do movies now a days but there are insiders posting rumors about Spider man sale if the SMU doesn’t do well (venom ame modok movies)

Spidey Fan

Banned
I know, it's ridiculous.... The lobbying system is just glorified corruption. The straighter the company is, the more of a disadvantage they have.
The problem might stem from the type of purchases. Certain purchases are ok, if its abundant. While other purchase raises flag of monopoly. for example, the anime tv/movies sector is small. if sony buys 2 gigantic anime studios (Crunchyroll, and funanimation), they will be subject to anti trust laws, because they will be the market leader of these sectors, and have the final say with partnership. Like how they are in gaming division with their PlayStation, being dominant. only thing that stop that though, is the mobile/pc market, otherwise, they have been swimming in anti-trust laws.

As for disney, they arent majority in entertainment. After buying star wars, and fox network they are putting themselves at anti trust law territory. but as long as big movie and entertainment makers exist, they will still be left to buy more. in term of movies, and tv, disney is low to produce. profit wise, higher, but quantity wise, they are pretty low. Most of their money comes from their theme park, resorts and cruise lines. because of that, they look like a giants. but in animation sector, they are definitely close to a monopoly. I have no idea why, they arent getting hammered on that section?

as long as nbc, and other giants media exist, disney will not see the anti-trust hammer yet.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
You are focusing on the easy target part, while ignoring the real value. To me, psnow and gamepass value is trying games you wont ever buy it. There are games, which you wouldnt normally like it, so you refrain from buying it. these games are worth it on these service.

and as for physicals games, they are in decline. You might be lucky buying, and selling those games, but not everyone. There are places where its hard to sell your physcial games. so you are left with games, you cant sell.

again, gaas is crappy talk, people use it to undermine the service. and not every gaas is bad. look at destiny 2 and fortnite for example. they went from meh, to great games, due to overtime changing the game. people who hated those games, can join in now, and see the new experience that are in the game. Best example is fallout 76 and sea of thieves. On launch period, both games were garbage, like how some games are. but overtime, the games have been improved. Fallout76 is getting big free expansion now, while sea of thieves is getting big pirate expansion. Single player games at the point become history, while these games still thrive with updates, after updates.

Great to know the games improved as people paid through their lifecycle. I am not sure I gave much of a thought about SM64, Halo: CE, Shenmue I/II, DOOM (any in the series really), SMW, DKC, and the thousand other games great at launch and I could enjoy without being milked for money throughout its lifecycle.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Great to know the games improved as people paid through their lifecycle. I am not sure I gave much of a thought about SM64, Halo: CE, Shenmue I/II, DOOM (any in the series really), SMW, DKC, and the thousand other games great at launch and I could enjoy without being milked for money throughout its lifecycle.
you aren't really getting milked. if anything, single player games are the most scam. 10 hour game is the same price as 40 hour experience game. You are getting slightly improved shit, just different narratives. any sequel single player game, is just an expansion. just like the games you mentioned. and you are happy paying for it. call of duty is the same thing. It should be gaas game. but because people buy it nonstop, its easy for them to just put expansion story, and little bit improved on other modes. but they are just the same.

The only difference with gaas and singple games is internet connection. if gaas was offline games, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them.

BootsLoader

Banned
It’s like saying that if Microsoft make a mobile gaming console and just start throwing money on it it will beat the ass of Nintendo in no time right? Is that right??
Then Nintendo is doomed.

Spidey Fan

Banned
It’s like saying that if Microsoft make a mobile gaming console and just start throwing money on it it will beat the ass of Nintendo in no time right? Is that right??
Then Nintendo is doomed.
if they made it for game pass, maybe in the usa, and europe. but i doubt it will be a big in asia. those guys arent interested in western games that much.

Bryank75

Banned
You left out SONY $500 billion historic debt. Unlike SONY Microsoft have no debt and billions of cash in the bank, very much like Nintendo
MS can afford to blow the cash like there's no tomorrow.

What? Sony has only 7 billion in longterm debt.....

Microsoft has 55 billion in longterm debt.

Where did you get this ridiculous figure of 500 billion 'historical debt'? Which is not an item that appears on accounts.

Spidey Fan

Banned
What? Sony has only 7 billion in longterm debt.....

Microsoft has 55 billion in longterm debt.

Where did you get this ridiculous figure of 500 billion 'historical debt'? Which is not an item that appears on accounts.

I dont know how to translate this to usd.

That was their debt in 2017. Considering how hard it is to pay that much in 4 years, I will say their debt is quite alot.

Azurro

Banned
you aren't really getting milked. if anything, single player games are the most scam. 10 hour game is the same price as 40 hour experience game. You are getting slightly improved shit, just different narratives. any sequel single player game, is just an expansion. just like the games you mentioned. and you are happy paying for it. call of duty is the same thing. It should be gaas game. but because people buy it nonstop, its easy for them to just put expansion story, and little bit improved on other modes. but they are just the same.

The only difference with gaas and singple games is internet connection. if gaas was offline games, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them.

Are you suggesting that online games have the same type and amount of storyline and well defined characters as single player games? That hiding and shooting in PUBG, that building a fort in fortnite or that another round of COD multiplayer has the same narrative weight and experience as a single player game?

Top Bottom