• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 No enhanced patches?

Kamina

Golden Boy
Reading the wording on the Twitter post it states playing on PS5 with boost mode you will see an option to allow frame rates up to 60fps. It makes me think at a cost of what? I'm guessing it won't output the same resolution as the Pro running 30fps. So its not that great imo.

It's one thing to have a PS4 game run through PS5 Boost mode at 60fps on lower resolution, I'm pretty sure that's easy to achieve but another to have same or higher resolution at 60fps.
Oh come on, stop pulling stuff out of your behind. You dont know any of that
PS5 should be plenty strong enough to run a current gen game initially made for a 4TF PS4Pro with crappy CPU at 60fps without drawbacks in resolution.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Oh come on, stop pulling stuff out of your behind. You dont know any of that
PS5 should be plenty strong enough to run a current gen game initially made for a 4TF PS4Pro with crappy CPU at 60fps without drawbacks in resolution.
What you said is exactly my point and I don't know, where in my statement did I say I know?

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Actually Horizon Forbidden West comes with a free PS5 update if you buy the PS4 version. Same with Sack Boys Adventure.

Edit: Nevermind you were talking about a remaster of Horizon Zero Dawn being included with Horizon Forbidden West. My mistake.

Honestly Sony could just release a free update for the first game on the PS5 just like they are doing with Ghosts of Tsushima. But we will have to wait and see if it happens.
Been meaning to do a Witcher 3 platinum run but will definitely wait till ps5 if it’s getting an upgrade

Kamina

Golden Boy
What you said is exactly my point and I don't know, where in my statement did I say I know?
But you are assuming it will be a problem. “I am guessing it wont output the same resolution...”
Stop with this baseless concern trolling. We dont have any reason to believe PS5 isn’t strong enough to play PS4Pro enhanced games at 60fps.

Justin9mm

But you are assuming it will be a problem. “I am guessing it wont output the same resolution...”
Stop with this baseless concern trolling. We dont have any reason to believe PS5 isn’t strong enough to play PS4Pro enhanced games at 60fps.
You have completely misread what I commented.

GOT outputs native 1800p on Pro, it good very well be native 1440p at 60fps on PS5 and yes we don't know for sure, I said I'm guessing.. It's a very real possibility!

I said what I said based on their wording of the Twitter post. I do believe PS5 is strong enough to play Pro enhanced games at 60fps and I never said the PS5 isn't capable so stop putting words in my mouth and stop wasting my time with your bullshit. You need to work on your reading comprehension or understand what people are saying.

supernova8

Banned
Who cares ?

My feeling too. I'd expect it to be a side note rather than something takes center stage.

Don't get me wrong it'd be cool if PS3 games ran on PS5 (and even better if they ran at higher resolutions/framerates) but in the grand scheme of thing I really don't give a shit.

Kamina

Golden Boy
You have completely misread what I commented.

GOT outputs native 1800p on Pro, it good very well be native 1440p at 60fps on PS5 and yes we don't know for sure, I said I'm guessing.. It's a very real possibility!

I said what I said based on their wording of the Twitter post. I do believe PS5 is strong enough to play Pro enhanced games at 60fps and I never said the PS5 isn't capable so stop putting words in my mouth and stop wasting my time with your bullshit. You need to work on your reading comprehension or understand what people are saying.
Stop bullshitting me
This was your post:

Reading the wording on the Twitter post it states playing on PS5 with boost mode you will see an option to allow frame rates up to 60fps. It makes me think at a cost of what? I'm guessing it won't output the same resolution as the Pro running 30fps. So its not that great imo.

In short: ” I believe it will run at up to 60 fps but possibly at lower resolution.”
Thats negative concern trolling based on a purely positive tweet. Dont suddenly act like you didnt mean it like that.
And if you think my replies are wasting your time you can only blame yourself for replying instead of irgnoring them.

Last edited:

GamerEDM

Banned
How disappointing.

So as it stands it looks like hardly any games will be enhanced on a per game basis. What this means in reality is that;

- Only games with dynamic resolution will be "enhanced" to reach the resolution cap (which in many cases is less than on the One X version I.e Red Dead Redemtion 2).
- Only games with uncapped or an unstable frame rate will benefit from the increased power.

I honestly find this SUPER disappointing as enhanced patches were my most hyped feature. (Just imagine Uncharted 4 at 4k 60fps!).

Pretty sure I'm done with Playstation now with this and the price increase. Got some serious thinking to do now about whether I still want a PS5.

This is why I said we should be concerned about Sony's silence regarding its backwards compatability plans last week. Some people there told us it was all in hand and not to be worried... 😉

Update: Edited slightly to better reflect it appears only a very small handful of games will be individually enhanced.
You will be back my friend. PC gaming is not all its cracked out to be. If you have a PS5 pre order i suggest you keep it will be hard to find until you make up your mind.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
You will be back my friend. PC gaming is not all its cracked out to be. If you have a PS5 pre order i suggest you keep it will be hard to find until you make up your mind.

I've gone PS5 and XBSX 😊 Can't give up those Sony exclusives but the XBSX will likely be my main. I love console gaming but I'll have a bit of freedom where I buy things on from now on. 😁

Justin9mm

Stop bullshitting me
This was your post:

In short: ” I believe it will run at up to 60 fps but possibly at lower resolution.”
Thats negative concern trolling based on a purely positive tweet. Dont suddenly act like you didnt mean it like that.
And if you think my replies are wasting your time you can only blame yourself for replying instead of irgnoring them.
That is what I meant but you were attacking me for A. Saying it like I actually know when I said im guessing and its my opinion and B. You were also accusing me of saying the PS5 can't do 60fps when I never said that at all.

I've been Playstation fan since PS1, had every console since day 1. How can I be trolling on a console I love?

Take your negative concern trolling crap somewhere else. People are allowed to have an opinion.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
That is what I meant but you were attacking me for A. Saying it like I actually know when I said im guessing and its my opinion and B. You were also accusing me of saying the PS5 can't do 60fps when I never said that at all.

I've been Playstation fan since PS1, had every console since day 1. How can I be trolling on a console I love?

Take your negative concern trolling crap somewhere else. People are allowed to have an opinion.
Why do you feel attacked? Grow a thicker pelt dude.
Look, I said that there is no evidence that games wont run with PS4Pro quality @ 60 fps on PS5.
I could have written 1080/60, or 1440/60, 4k/60, etc. There is no doubt that 60fps is a focus next gen, and i agree that you never said anything contrary.
You did however put the resolution in question. And this is ridiculous. PS5 Pro has 10TF and a vastly better CPU, so any concern that PS4Pro games will need to drop their resolution in order to achieve 60fps is completely baseless.
Nobody said you are trolling the console. You are however raising concerns without facts.
You have a different opinion? Good for you. But if you put out your opinion for the world to see, on a discussion forum no less, and with weak arguments, then at least be prepared to be called out when it doesn’t add up.

Top Bottom