• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Might Seamlessly Switch To Your Second Controller When Your Battery Is Low

EctoPrime

Having a second controller on standby depleting the battery seems rather stupid. It takes a second Ps4 controller only a few seconds to start working once you press the PS button after the first disconnects from low battery or you turn it off via the quick menu.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
So does that mean that shitty battery life is confirmed?

treemk

Banned
An even better battery would be the perfect solution :p

I hate the dualshock4 battery life.

I've never understood this, but maybe I just don't play enough anymore. I set the light to dim and if I charge the controller overnight it lasts as long as I ever need it to.

RyanEvans21

In offline games, dead Xbox controllers stop the game. But online, it keeps you in the game and you're a sitting duck until you fix it.

PS controllers don't let you charge and play at the same time?

When my Xbox controller is low, I just plug it in to charge while I play.

You Can! you need longer cable though if you want to play far from your tv.

The Big Question is how much sony will sell dualsense controller?

Last edited:

Business

If Sony wants to frills up the Dual Sense with features, at least give gamers a choice of user replaceable battery.

Seamlessly switching to a second controller is a stupid solution, it would mean your second controller has to be always on? Not that arrogant Sony cares, it means another DS sold, nice attach rates figures. 🤷‍♀️

image-asset.gif

nush

Gold Member
I only have one controller so improve the battery life you dickheads

If PS5 detects only one controller when the battery life is low it will automatically* order a new one for you from Amazon.

*Paid PSN account and stored credit cards details required to enable this feature.

martino

Like I will own a second controller....
Best and cheaper feature with current design choice is still long USB cable

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You Can! you need longer cable though if you want to play far from your tv.

The Big Question is how much sony will sell dualsense controller?
I just have one these kinds of things by my couch. Comes in handy to charge my phone or Xbox controller, as well as plug in my Pandora 5 box and electric guitar. $15.
61%2BbDI-M9HL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Top Bottom